You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

NoZoups WoWs State of the Game 2021 Video.

96 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Tl;dw version:

1. NA and EU are healthy with a steady increase, RU and SEA in decline. Everything is good, aside from a pandemic driving people at their homes.
  2. Players that complain about a decline are salty and want the game to fail for some reason according to him.
  3. Negative communities in Forums and social media.
  4. Atmosphere has changed a "little bit", maybe due to Wargaming, but blaming Wargaming would be unfair.
  5. The fact that indeed loads of content is pumped out is proof the game is healthy. Because there's no such thing as powercreep.

I remember when I watched Zoup's videos for his educational content;  now for his comedic and entertainment value. I guess because forums were always critical of his positions when he posted we are the baddies too.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 6

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
773 posts
9,647 battles

I guess with Flambass' exit the number 2 spot is there for the taking.

Expect a rush of submissive videos from the usual suspects.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,512 posts
26,887 battles

Don’t know about Russia but the event of allowing a transfer from SEA to NA may be part of the decline of the SEA server. Or enough time could have passed since that event that it may be a different issue.

I imagine the Covid crisis and people staying home more has had more people playing.

Power creep is very much a thing.

The forum is no saltier than it ever has since 8.0.

Members
1,695 posts
8,924 battles

Moving in to 2021, the state of the game is quite healthy.  Despite the occasional grumblings, the player base continues to grow in most regions and we are getting steady infusions of new ships.  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 4

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,123 posts
4,377 battles

The current numbers may be healthy, but company management is bound and determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...it just boils down to how many PR disasters it will take to get there...

• Cool 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
24 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

I guess with Flambass' exit the number 2 spot is there for the taking.

Expect a rush of submissive videos from the usual suspects.

Yeah will see. I am not convinced that Flambass is going to move on. 

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

The funny thing is that the posts, so far, that are attempting to contest what he said are actually proving his points.

Not a fan of Zoup's content, but I can't find anything in the video that I disagree with.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

I disagree with almost every single point on the video. But I will grant you that opinions can differ.

A couple of things though.

First of all, you mention data and stats when addressing server populations health. Do you mind telling us the source? Is it from stats.wotapi?

Secondly, I didn't see in your video anywhere mentioning how a pandemic has driven people to their homes, explaining some increase in player populations. Provided you wanted to make an unbiased video this should have been one of the first things to mention. Similar games and in fact gaming as a whole has seen a rise in popularity just because of this.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
773 posts
9,647 battles
12 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah will see. I am not convinced that Flambass is going to move on. 

He may very well return, but I don't expect him to ever be bullish on the game again.

During yesterday's Tarkov stream he sounded....pretty done with Warships.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
1 minute ago, Kartaugh said:

He may very well return, but I don't expect him to ever be bullish on the game again.

During yesterday's Tarkov stream he sounded....pretty done with Warships.

Yeah saw his announcement as well. I wish him well but so much of his viewer base are WOWS fans so......he may face some market pressures. 

On a side note my 10 year old nephew has just found the game and is having a blast.

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
773 posts
9,647 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Yeah saw his announcement as well. I wish him well but so much of his viewer base are WOWS fans so......he may face some market pressures. 

On a side note my 10 year old nephew has just found the game and is having a blast.

Oh, this is certain.

There are several streamers that you can feel absolutely hate the game right now, but have to keep on trucking because it pays the bills and they have no better options.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
1 minute ago, Kartaugh said:

Oh, this is certain.

There are several streamers that you can feel absolutely hate the game right now, but have to keep on trucking because it pays the bills and they have no better options.

Yeah some of that for sure. Probably a bad idea to mix work and fun. Eventually the "fun" is always going to become work. I think if I were to become a youtuber or streamer I would always keep a game I really like just for me and not cover it at all. 

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
4 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

Oh, this is certain.

Can't really fault them for that. Many built their careers on WoWs so losing that form of revenue can be pretty devastating to their means of living. If I remember correctly Flambass's goal was to have about the same crowd that he has now for WoWs content, but for different games, ie. having stable viewers regardless of what he streams. But he mentioned this as a goal for the next couple of years. Guess recent events sped up his decision. 

I hope he succeeds.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Can't really fault them for that. Many built their careers on WoWs so losing that form of revenue can be pretty devastating to their means of living. If I remember correctly Flambass's goal was to have about the same crowd that he has now for WoWs content, but for different games, ie. having stable viewers regardless of what he streams. But he mentioned this as a goal for the next couple of years. Guess recent events sped up his decision. 

I hope he succeeds.

Yeah me too he was fun to watch.....well for what that is worth from someone like me lol. I will have streams running but I am not much of a watcher. I prefer to play.

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
773 posts
9,647 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I hope he succeeds.

It's essentially the goal of almost every single streamer.

The problem is that in order to be a viable variety gaming channel, you have to have a pretty massive audience to begin with. If you're hovering around the 1000-viewer mark, it can be awfully risky going from a solid single game schedule to a variety one. If you're below that, it's career suicide.

Unless you have tiddies. Then anything is possible. The average tiddy channel pulls 10 times the number of viewers of really good regular streamers, and likely a lot more income per viewer as well.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
7 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

It's essentially the goal of almost every single streamer.

The problem is that in order to be a viable variety gaming channel, you have to have a pretty massive audience to begin with. If you're hovering around the 1000-viewer mark, it can be awfully risky going from a solid single game schedule to a variety one. If you're below that, it's career suicide.

Unless you have tiddies. Then anything is possible. The average tiddy channel pulls 10 times the number of viewers of really good regular streamers, and likely a lot more income per viewer as well.

Oh, definitely, just mentioned it as it show Flambass was already considering leaving the game at some point for good. The market for streaming as a job can be pretty damn tough to be honest; streaming 10-12 hours a day for years, often on the same exact content can easily kill off any enjoyment.

As for tiddy streams, our Twitch overlords cracked down on this a while ago. It totally isn't still rampant as it brings loads of money in and there is absolutely nothing wrong right now; it's just a part of human anatomy that is shown, so what can you do right :Smile_Default:?

Edited by warheart1992
  • Haha 1

Members
1,657 posts

"Players that complain about a decline are salty and want the game to fail for some reason according to him."

As much as I respect Zoup for serving the country, I'd say either he's being an obvious shill or he doesn't know what he's talking about. Why would anyone with a right mind want a game that they invested thousands of dollars on, to fail?

Edited by Singularity_invader
  • Cool 4

[HOP4S]
Members
7,002 posts
35,454 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Moving in to 2021, the state of the game is quite healthy.  Despite the occasional grumblings, the player base continues to grow in most regions and we are getting steady infusions of new ships.  

It this the only game you work with?  Just curious.  What rank and MOS>? 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

The numbers just don't support this at all. Until the Coof artificially inflated the numbers, the average max daily logins for NA at least was in decline.

If anything, the numbers show stagnant growth and possibly a slight decline when you look at the averages and don't factor in things that are artificially inflating the numbers, like events or a global pandemic.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles
38 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

"Players that complain about a decline are salty and want the game to fail for some reason according to him."

As much as I respect Zoup for serving the country, I'd say either he's being an obvious shill or he doesn't know what he's talking about. Why would anyone with a right mind want a game that they invested thousands of dollars on, to fail?

Unlike The Last Jedi, they can't blame Russian Bots for the dislikes.

YDFg6Ls.jpg

• Haha 1

[BONKS]
Members
4,815 posts
52 battles

Need I remind you that you once said all the controversy around CVs is a great thing and that the CV rework "saved" WoWs, only to reverse yourself a few months later?

Just asking. Since, you know, it makes your credibility seem... questionable to say the least.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,193 posts
15,767 battles
On 12/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Don’t know about Russia but the event of allowing a transfer from SEA to NA may be part of the decline of the SEA server. Or enough time could have passed since that event that it may be a different issue.

I imagine the Covid crisis and people staying home more has had more people playing.

Power creep is very much a thing.

The forum is no saltier than it ever has since 8.0.

While there is some salt here it is no where near the WoT forum which is sadly quite mild compared to other game forums.

On 12/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, paradat said:

I am glad that your nephew is having fun. If he has gotten that far what is his opinion of CV's. I have been thinking lately about them and how new players are dealing with them because the vast majority of the anti CV ranting seems to come from experienced players that all experienced them in the RTS days.

On 12/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, Targeted said:

The short list does rig things a bit for newer players that do not have many if any premiums from getting the unicorn ships but it actually increased your chance if you have a good number of the short list ships which if you drew one you had there opened the pool up to anything that can drop in SC's.

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The short list does rig things a bit for newer players that do not have many if any premiums from getting the unicorn ships but it actually increased your chance if you have a good number of the short list ships which if you drew one you had there opened the pool up to anything that can drop in SC's.

Having seen I-Chase's video, it appears there is further rigging.  The first 1000 crates was filled with mostly junk Premiums.  All the really good stuff was in the last 1000 crates.

Edited by Sventex
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am glad that your nephew is having fun. If he has gotten that far what is his opinion of CV's. I have been thinking lately about them and how new players are dealing with them because the vast majority of the anti CV ranting seems to come from experienced players that all experienced them in the RTS days.

He thought they were cool and he was excited to see them lol. 

He is currently playing on my brothers account so his first battle was the Tirpitz. 

Having too much fun to understand how bad everything is.