Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Incoming MvR nurf

27 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,102 posts
6,072 battles

image.thumb.png.5649b9bbaccda19eb69153627b5b9fde.png

My bombs always seem to fly to the sides when I'm doing a drop these days...now they will just fly even wider. 

• Haha 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles

I would’ve also liked to have seen their fighter detection receive a nerf, but baby steps I suppose.

Members
1,402 posts
11,405 battles
6 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

I would’ve also liked to have seen their fighter detection receive a nerf, but baby steps I suppose.

Baby bacteria make bigger steps than this....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
6,102 posts
6,072 battles
11 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

And in other WoWS news, the latest line of warships will be announced imminently: Russian CVs!

Yeah, that was what I was expecting. 

[KWF]
Members
5,201 posts
6,659 battles

Isn't the distance at which the "before" and "after" screenshot is taken different? Personally I can't draw any conclusion from this as at "before" the plane hasn't started the attack run, whereas in after you see it beginning it's dive.

[SALVO]
6,102 posts
6,072 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Isn't the distance at which the "before" and "after" screenshot is taken different? Personally I can't draw any conclusion from this as at "before" the plane hasn't started the attack run, whereas in after you see it beginning it's dive.

It's a possibility, but overall I think we're going to see something much worse come out of it. 

[-HEL-]
Members
197 posts
6,726 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

There was a announced nerf to the MVR? I imagine one is coming but haven’t heard anything official yet.

It was posted in the Developer's Corner subforum this morning along with a host of other changes.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles
  • “Fixed an error that resulted in excessive slowdown when engine boost was used. The value is brought to standard.”

lol the stronkest CV in the game is going to get a buff 🤣🤣🤣

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

That's actually a nerf.

For those of us that don’t play CVs, care to extrapolate?  Is it a nerf because it makes it harder to dodge flak or something?

[HINON]
Members
13,815 posts
3 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

For those of us that don’t play CVs, care to extrapolate?  Is it a nerf because it makes it harder to dodge flak or something?

You cannot use the boost as effectively to slow down. The boost can be used to both slow down or speed up aircraft beyond the default cruising speed. So when you are close to a ship you want to hit you can use the boost to slow down allowing more time for an accurate drop and to allow the reticule to tighten.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,419 posts
12,305 battles

i guess WG got all the money they wanted from the German CVs, so now they start tossing them aside like yesterdays leftovers

Edited by tcbaker777

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You cannot use the boost as effectively to slow down. The boost can be used to both slow down or speed up aircraft beyond the default cruising speed. So when you are close to a ship you want to hit you can use the boost to slow down allowing more time for an accurate drop and to allow the reticule to tighten.

Got it, thanks!

Members
3,659 posts
42,314 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:
  • “Fixed an error that resulted in excessive slowdown when engine boost was used. The value is brought to standard.”

lol the stronkest CV in the game is going to get a buff 🤣🤣🤣

No, that be a nerf. If a CV plane can brake easy inside AA, it can swing around for another hit and not get much penalty. This makes the bombers not able to brake like a VW beetle with Brembo brakes. If a plane has a very high initial airspeed, then it cant stop on a dime, WG just fixed it because their lightning fast bombers on MVR were stopping on a dime. Now its more like tractor trailer on ice. LOL 

This means more bombers will get shot down. 

WG giveth, WG taketh away. I guess they sold what they could get out of the player base, now its time for them to get hammered with reality.

Next up Soviet CVs:

Tier 10 Yuri Gagarin

Tier 8 Alexi Leonov 

Tier 6 Boris Badanoff  (All the planes will have Natasha painted on the sides.)

Tier 4 Catherine the Great (All the planes will have white horses painted on the sides.) 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

That's actually a nerf.

Ah, okay thanks. I took it as they felt the planes slowed excessively after using speed boost. 

[SALVO]
6,102 posts
6,072 battles
3 hours ago, CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT said:

Speaking of MVR, I saw you in battle.

1329748074_WorldofWarships12_12_20202_13_50PM.thumb.png.857932121669aea14cf992bd07cbfd6e.png

Yeah I told my div mates taking Moskva was a terrible idea in randoms with MVR running around. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

No, that be a nerf. If a CV plane can brake easy inside AA, it can swing around for another hit and not get much penalty. This makes the bombers not able to brake like a VW beetle with Brembo brakes. If a plane has a very high initial airspeed, then it cant stop on a dime, WG just fixed it because their lightning fast bombers on MVR were stopping on a dime. Now its more like tractor trailer on ice. LOL 

Actually, I felt like taking away the heals to the DB's or taking the nerf bat to the rocket planes is where the nerf would happen.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,175 posts
1,454 battles
3 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

And in other WoWS news, the latest line of warships will be announced imminently: Russian CVs!

Wargaming releasing Russian CV 

CV players be like 

DB2a4k6.gif

DD players be like

oK9bP25.gif

Well it was bound to happen I doubt this will be the last nurf :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this