Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyeightyfive

Bots Torpedoing Allies

19 comments in this topic

[CHA0S]
Members
154 posts
2,407 battles

This has happened several times in the past - Co-Op bots firing torpedoes at myself or other allied ships.

Not "Oops, they were shooting at red ships and I got in the way," not "a red ship sank before the torps hit it and they kept sailing," but a bot fired torpedoes towards it's 5 o'clock, the only ships that way are me, and another allied ship out of range of their torpedoes.

There is no possibility that the torps will hit an enemy, only allies, or they're basically wasted torpedoes.

Why do they do this?

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFD]
Members
99 posts
7,101 battles

Working as intended, Comrade. Fun and engaging play, is it not? Spreadsheet says you are having fun. :Smile-_tongue:

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
3 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Why do they do this?

Coop was designed as a training area for Randoms. You are learning to dodge allied torpedoes in Randoms.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,292 posts
26,751 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

Do they go pink? If not complain about bot bias.

Could be EU torps which won't trigger TK penalties.  Although if this were the case why complain about losing a minimal amount of health.

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,766 posts

for the longest time I thought this was urban myth.

until I witnessed it firsthand.

2 ships only left on my side, me and a bot, and the only enemy was a CV, 20km away, with a giant island between blocking all lines of sight. All enemy bots had been killed between one two minutes ago and well and truly sunk and off the map, so it wasnt a delayed reaction torping towards something that had just been sunk.

steaming towards last known of enemy CV, and our bot stops, turns around, torps at me, turns its other side and unload other side torps at me, then makes like nothing happened and continues towards enemy.

What?

• Cool 1

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
210 posts
8,252 battles

they really should turn team damage off like in scenarios getting torped by stupid bots is complete bull

[AAA]
Members
180 posts
19,414 battles

I had this exact thing happen to me this weekend. A bot zao fired torps at my conq the opposite direction of the enemy players. Then again, I didnt look at the bots name, maybe it was Jingles. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,702 posts
36,220 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Coop was designed as a training area for Randoms. You are learning to dodge allied torpedoes in Randoms.

Coop? I had the misfortune to get into PvP with 3 bots per side. Really. Low tier, as I am regrinding a DD line.

Five minutes into the match I get TKd by a green bot torp. Lovely. Thanks WG!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
9 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Coop? I had the misfortune to get into PvP with 3 bots per side. Really. Low tier, as I am regrinding a DD line.

Five minutes into the match I get TKd by a green bot torp. Lovely. Thanks WG!

When I'm playing low tier Randoms nowadays I just wait a few minutes for all of the the bots to ram and sink each other and then go play against the human players.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,697 battles
6 hours ago, crazyeightyfive said:

This has happened several times in the past - Co-Op bots firing torpedoes at myself or other allied ships.

Not "Oops, they were shooting at red ships and I got in the way," not "a red ship sank before the torps hit it and they kept sailing," but a bot fired torpedoes towards it's 5 o'clock, the only ships that way are me, and another allied ship out of range of their torpedoes.

There is no possibility that the torps will hit an enemy, only allies, or they're basically wasted torpedoes.

Why do they do this?

Theres a bug that causes the torps to be launched at 180 degrees to their intended direction. 

I have posted numerous times about this bug. Nothing is ever done about it.

I will keep posting. Perhaps in two or three years they will get around to fixing it.

I posted before on it...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Theres a bug that causes the torps to be launched at 180 degrees to their intended direction.

They fixed that in the last patch (9.11).

Fixed an issue that, when locking onto a target with main battery guns, set an incorrect angle for the torpedo launchers. As a result, torpedoes could be sent in the wrong direction or the launchers could malfunction entirely.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

is that the same bug?

We'll have to see if anyone reports another instance but I think it's the one everyone was talking about.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,697 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

We'll have to see if anyone reports another instance but I think it's the one everyone was talking about.

Thanks. I didn't think it was the same bug.  it's really good news if they finally fix that.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,115 posts
10,350 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

is that the same bug?

I don't think so.  I believe I've seen them dump off the wrong side since 0.9.11.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
31 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't think so.  I believe I've seen them dump off the wrong side since 0.9.11.

I've never seen this bug. I wonder if it's specific to a certain ship? Or maybe it is the result of lag, mouse malfunction, control settings, etc. I wish that someone who has experienced it could try to repeat it in the training room and post a replay.

One thing that I have seen lately though is a lag between firing turrets one two and three. This is not caused by turret traverse because all turrets are aimed and the reticles green. It just seems that sometimes I have to click the mouse several times to get that third turret to fire. Of course, this could mean that my mouse needs the dust blown out of it too.

Sign in to follow this