You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 11-13 December 2020.

27 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles

Got my Surrey her B hull, moved my Le Fantasque captain up into the Mogador and started his retraining (the De Grasse I got from the PTS crates a short while back is proving very useful for this), played a whole bunch of CV and got my Parseval her torpedo bombers (and scored an endless string of Tier 10 battles), did some streaming and some Naval Battles. 

Grabbed the Flint, which I've been saving up coal for ever since she was pulled (already had Neustra a few days ago and got my Black with steel last Christmas), and found she is exactly what I hoped she would be in terms of mid-tier bot murder. Had a nail biter of a win in the Richelieu and a heartbreaking couple of losses in the North Carolina (which I have neglected for far too long!).

All in all, not a bad weekend apart from the Randoms teams (which were godawful, but I did get some good target practice in).

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles

Friday didn't play.  Had to work late, then eat, and didn't want to bust it before going to bed.

Saturday and Sunday I just basically ground ECXP.  Mostly good games.

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles

Played a few Friday and Saturday, today was Granny's 102nd B-day I haven't played yet.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Played about four games with awful, toxic, TKing teammates. Planned on playing more, but didn’t have the stomach to deal with what passes for “people” these days.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Got my Surrey her B hull, moved my Le Fantasque captain up into the Mogador and started his retraining (the De Grasse I got from the PTS crates a short while back is proving very useful for this), played a whole bunch of CV and got my Parseval her torpedo bombers (and scored an endless string of Tier 10 battles), did some streaming and some Naval Battles. 

Grabbed the Flint, which I've been saving up coal for ever since she was pulled (already had Neustra a few days ago and got my Black with steel last Christmas), and found she is exactly what I hoped she would be in terms of mid-tier bot murder. Had a nail biter of a win in the Richelieu and a heartbreaking couple of losses in the North Carolina (which I have neglected for far too long!).

All in all, not a bad weekend apart from the Randoms teams (which were godawful, but I did get some good target practice in).

Hunted Friday.  Went back into the Campaigns and played those segments I couldn't complete years ago because I didn't have the ships at that time....~!  A few flags for that.  Did the Naval Battles thing but BXP beyond the 300 entry is not easy.....  So, I was 9/10 because I was late getting into the battles and refuse to play Randoms........oh well.  Speaking of pocking PVE again, there is a stage in the Santa's Eve that has a 37,500 BXP requirement.....   That's 90 games assuming no less than 400 BXP per COOP match.........so, I guess I'll never finish that event.  As well as many other PVE players whom won't have the time......  Wow, a really fun Holiday season so far..............in our annus horribilis of 2020.....~~!

Other than that, didn't play all that much...........  One Narai match and that was as if I was playing with new players whom never played that match>>?  Really, a terrible loss and I was 400 points ahead of the rest of the team???  No one, other than me was above 350???  So, it's going to be a slow week coming because really, there isn't very much to do till snowflakes and the dockyard.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Did NB, 10/10, but not hard; eight T10 ships, plus Goriza and Friesland.

Spamming my Montana for the UU. Up to 25k on that last, stupid, task.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles

Ran Some NB and played a few clan brawls. The t9 3v3 overall is mad fun, agir was a beast but switched to fletcher to grind out the hull upgrade. Took nagato into her first random battle and had a great game at top tier. Got hull upgrades on akat , Minsk, and shira Playing Narai.  Have about 40k xp left to complete the Brit cl regrind. Will probably reset Japanese cruisers once complete and then Ohio will be mine

Members
758 posts
16,358 battles

Didn't play much. Seem to be a little burnt out on the game atm.

Had family stuff that took a fair amount of time as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
8 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Speaking of pocking PVE again, there is a stage in the Santa's Eve that has a 37,500 BXP requirement.

How many of those do we have to finish out of the total available? Still four, or did they ask for more this time?

Members
123 posts
11,329 battles

got drunk, bought a new ship.cant remember which one. played it in co-op.  went to bed. good weekend really

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
2 minutes ago, tjaluk said:

got drunk, bought a new ship.cant remember which one.

"JB Black is not my lover. || She's just a ship which says that I am the one || But the lifeboat's not my son."

(It's likely not the JB Black you bought, but it seemed to fit the lyrics.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Haha 1

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,829 battles

Just kept grinding away on my captains to get them up to near 17 points (have 16 total, none over 16 points).

Purchased the Prinz Eugen over the Atago with my expiring dubloon coupon because I think I will only get Lutjens and Halsey converted to 21 when the new system kicks in.  Yamamoto will be 3rd in line.  Hopefully the Hizen and Atago will be joining him by then.

LOL.  Found out my 2 favorite fleets are the USN and KM.  Have 7 premiums (T7 - T10) in each of them while no other fleet has more than 3.

This last directive in 9.11 has some serious tasks in it.  Will take a few days to knock them all out.  After that it will be full steam ahead prepping for my Snowflakes and resetting an IJN DD line next week.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles

How many of those do we have to finish out of the total available? Still four, or did they ask for more this time?

4,  Of the directives, 

1 is like 2600BXP

1 is achievements 

1 is Florida/Minnesota/Vermont

So that leaves 4 coop and non new BB line directives.  Gonna have to want that perma camo to get it.

Members
470 posts
21,965 battles

Finished the grind through the T8 Vladivostok, then researched and bought the T9 Sovetsky Soyuz.  Played a couple of games in her to feel her out.  Worked on a few other ships to see if I can get the next tier before the snowflakes drop; but looks doubtful at this time.  RL took a lot of time (had to do a 30-hour OSHA course so I can go back to work at the start of the new year, hopefully; so finished that on Friday, and was sorta burned out of being on the computer too much after).  Spend a bunch of credits on equipping some of the ships I got out of Christmas crates I purchased (Ochakov, 2 others I think; too early to think....ugh), so need to grind up to get back to my comfort amount of 300 million or so.  More on-line training this week to do also; and the snow event hitting the NE US (I'm in NJ) on Wednesday/Thursday this week means snow shoveling is in my near future.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles

Appears to be four, just looked. 

There are two tasks that are Randoms only (10 achievements and Base XP) and 4 that are more of less open and one that requires a special ship....  So, for me, I have four (4) because I bought the Florida..... For the F2P PVE players, whom haven't bought a Florida (premium), or ground through the Kansas to the Minnesota or Vermont well........that 37.5K is required.  Ouch !  That's over 90 games in 6 days.......maybe, if you are super lucky in COOP.....

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
49 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

that 37.5K is required.  Ouch !  That's over 90 games in 6 days.

6250 base XP per night over six nights. Doable, but certainly arduous. 

The instant these directives dropped and I saw that 37.5K BXP mission and the 10 achievements, I hopped straight into the Kansas and pounded out the Minnie.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SYN]
Members
1,486 posts
12,492 battles

I had one opportunity Friday to play. Took the Smaland on her inaugural cruise. I had a  red Gearing and  Halland pressing the C cap. Our team kicked aft in the west and B caps, so I set up a defensive position. I spotted and prevented a push through C until reinforcements arrived. 

Not a spectacular result, but 10k damage on red DDs and a win. I will take that.   

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,574 battles

Mostly losses Saturday morning, but ended with the below in Groz. Real surprise. Didn't even notice I was carrying until nuked their Amalfi with torps.

Finished Yorck and unlocked Hipper as part of my RB grind in KMS CR line. Got Buffalo to beyond 100K with premium time I lucked into as part of the Christmas thing in Armory.

shot-20.12.12_22.11.54-0020.jpg

shot-20.12.12_22.11.49-0499.jpg

[5D6]
Members
190 posts
22,071 battles

Nothing spectacular or memorable at all.  Finally got my  Z23 fully researched which was hard to do. Every battle in it is CV and I was pretty peeved when I was thrown into 2 2 CV games in a row.

[GOB]
Members
4,405 posts
24,172 battles

Discovered a great bonus of Black ships! Spent time grinding out creds , FXP and EXCP with my 2 shiny horses on Narai.  Having the two ships means you can play twice as many games in it instead of waiting for the ship timer to expire.  Flagged them both up and made a ton! I'm sure I am the last person to figure this out.:Smile_hiding:

With some advice from the forum I decided to grind my Petro in randoms instead of using ECXP to boost my 11 pnt commander to 19  and wow they were right! Have him almost to 13 pnts and my win rate is 71% even with the lower Commander!

Filled the rest of the time in the HALLAND.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles

Very casual this weekend nothing I really need to work on now just waiting for the big end of the year event. Played lots of random fun ships ran into @Notser which is always fun. Looks like I am now the unofficial CV player for our clan Navel battles. I do not mind much gives me a reason to play them at least a bit on the weekend. Had quite a few good Montana battles.

Starting to think about the captain skill rework and how I am going to deal with it. Certainly I will be zeroing out every commander....wich will take a good long while. I think I will then do a full replay from tier 1 on all lines. Sort of use the lower tiers to slowly figure out my builds. I do not plan on building for each class on every commander just not going to need that. I will do that on all of the special commanders and try sort out what boats they will build for. Currently I have something like 145 premium ships so lots of opportunity for multi ship Captain builds. 

Been very tempted to getting some Santa crates but so far I am holding out lol. Plan is to earn and open all the free crates first. 

I have a new Monitor on the way so also need to be getting ready for that jumping up to a 1440 so I know I will need to play with UI scaling. 

All of the lines are now finished so really looking forward to the Italian BB's

Finally pulled the Kaba back out. 

Pretty good weekend.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,753 posts
21,593 battles

Since last Wednesday lots of silver, free xp and commander xp from the brawls. Finished Fletcher and Amafi and purchased retained capts for the follow up ships. 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

ran into @Notser which is always fun.

Wearing your island camoflage?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said: