Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MichiganEagle

Georgia on my Mind

18 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
563 posts
5,040 battles

And in my port! Yee haw!

Georgia12132020.thumb.JPG.1e330e58dddef7f713df3ab1da93275a.JPG

Gorgeous girl! How do you deck yours out with Captain Skills, Modifications, etc? Would you recommend the "fun" secondary builds in Randoms, or do you build for survival, or half and half? All recommendations/comments are welcome. 

• Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
6,894 posts
16,526 battles

Congrats!  That's a good acquisition before she is removed in the near future.

As far as set-up, this link is very helpful:

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,565 posts
4,223 battles

Nice ship! Love mine.

I run almost full secondary on mine, though if you want the "best" build you should go the usual BB survival build.

For captain I run PT, EM, SI, AFT, MFCSA, FP, and PM. EM is nice especially up close, you want those guns swinging fast. SI is for the heal, the fast reload means you'll very often use all 5 in a battle. Without FP I find I just get burned down too easily, it allows me to stay alive longer. Some people say concealment because if you aren't seen you can't be shot, which is true but with a secondary build you're going to be seen all the time so FP it is.

Upgrades I run main bat 1, dama con 1, secondaries 1, dama con 2, concealment (everything else is useless), and accuracy. You can go back and forth on accuracy vs reload, but I like accuracy better.

I like this build, I can zip around a blast things while not just burning to death. I ran it in Ranked no problems. Definitely recommend for a fun build. If you want to try-hard you could go full survival with CE, BoS, AR, etc, but IMO you don't need to.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,723 posts
18,431 battles

shot-20_12.13_19_10.05-0152.thumb.jpg.4d5e5743e5ae71439428e24bfc856fd6.jpgshot-20_12.13_19_10.25-0280.thumb.jpg.e7a8b3ca7f78885497cd8d0c1efe17aa.jpg

I have Ohio now however, so Georgia is more like a snowflake ship now.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

You. Are. Going. To. Love. It! 

I like playing a mix of tank/secondaries. PT, EL, AR, SI, FP, CE, AFT. That gives me a little bit of everything and seems to work well. I still have pretty good fire protection, can switch ammo quickly, and have the 10-point-something-kilometer secondary range. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,234 posts
9,589 battles
18 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

She is quite a peach. I do a mixed secondary/survival build.

Same. I don't bother with AFT/BFT, or IFHE.

I basically just treat the secondaries as point defense against CL/DDs.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

Since she has Massachusetts-like secondaries without the need to spend money on the Massachusetts, I rationalized that the only proper thing to do, having bought her (with coal!) for the secondaries was to go all-in on the secondaries. Nothing else made sense, but as she was acquired to brutalize bots, not having an all-in survival and main armament build on captain and upgrade slots does not handicap her much.

I certainly debated a more general-purpose build, but I have stated my reasons for doing what I did. You ultimately have to decide how you want to use her.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Since she has Massachusetts-like secondaries without the need to spend money on the Massachusetts,

I use my Massy's captain on the Georgia and it seems to do OK.

Members
541 posts

I prefer BoS over SI on my Georgia (and BBs in general) because I spend so much time on fire. People see Georgia and they all want to set it on fire.

The one thing I'm not liking about the ship is number of overpens. It's a weird mechanic that such massive guns can do such minimal damage and my Georgia does it a lot lol.

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,760 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Since she has Massachusetts-like secondaries without the need to spend money on the Massachusetts, I rationalized that the only proper thing to do, having bought her (with coal!) for the secondaries was to go all-in on the secondaries. Nothing else made sense, but as she was acquired to brutalize bots, not having an all-in survival and main armament build on captain and upgrade slots does not handicap her much.

I certainly debated a more general-purpose build, but I have stated my reasons for doing what I did. You ultimately have to decide how you want to use her.

This.

I've never played mine in Randoms because I'm apparenly too stupid to be able to recognize the flanking spots where Reds graciously show their broadsides. All I ever see in my battleships are bows, and angled broadsides where things like a Chapayev bounce a Musashi shell.

[V_V_V]
Members
839 posts
16,390 battles

Congrats and enjoy!  Commander Violet, with mostly Manly build.  Prior to Ashley, Commander Ovechkin.  Admiral Halsey commands my CAs.  A fun huntress in Clan Naval, Co-op, Ranked, and Random Battles.

shot-20.12.13_19.14.35-0839.jpg

shot-20.12.13_19.16.27-0288.jpg

shot-20.12.13_19.19.00-0956.jpg

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[WOLFX]
Members
36 posts
6,931 battles
13 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

shot-20_12.13_19_10.25-0280.thumb.jpg.e7a8b3ca7f78885497cd8d0c1efe17aa.jpg

Lol, is that an EVE mod for your upgrades? It threw me off a second there. Must make it hard to tell what you have in each slot without hovering over them to read what they do(for this game atleast)

[PSP]
Members
563 posts
5,040 battles

I like it. I like it a lot. After a horrific streak of 9 straight losses and a period of time where I was testing out when to push and when to fall back, I'm starting to get the hang of it:

Georgia2a.thumb.JPG.13a3870784eacf4b61f5680b84308aa5.JPGGeorgia2b.thumb.JPG.dd8f1f8a7c51bdb430beacb99126971d.JPGGeorgia2c.thumb.JPG.0a99b134215ac82192ede6bcdc982b0d.JPG

And then less than 24 hours later, my third-ever Kraken Unleashed!

Georgia3a.thumb.JPG.1b989c3f7bdd60cafd54affca91d7fe6.JPG

Georgia3b.thumb.JPG.1b2a9b7ad2ff8a814f7352a20402d149.JPG

Georgia3c.thumb.JPG.d93cd219df8e8e940c290bc831ac320a.JPG

Members
331 posts
4,670 battles

I'm a very average player, and even I can do very well in her since she's a good, all around ship with a design that encourages continuous participation. She's fast enough to get into the fight, flee, or help your allies. She reloads quickly, so you get a lot of shots in per game. Her shots are accurate and hit hard, so you can rack up the damage. Finally, she's tough enough to survive most of the time and her secondaries are fun. Just watch out for torpedoes (usually wimpy TDS of so many high tier BB's) and you'll be fine. Better players can speak regarding what captain skills to use with her, but you made a great choice in ship.

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles
On 12/13/2020 at 7:49 PM, MichiganEagle said:

And in my port! Yee haw!

Georgia12132020.thumb.JPG.1e330e58dddef7f713df3ab1da93275a.JPG

Gorgeous girl! How do you deck yours out with Captain Skills, Modifications, etc? Would you recommend the "fun" secondary builds in Randoms, or do you build for survival, or half and half? All recommendations/comments are welcome. 

I recently welcomed a Georgia to my port.
She arrived with a zero-point Commander.  So, I sent him to my local academy for some training classes.  Now He's got Preventive Maintenance and Last Stand skills.

The Georgia is a pretty user-friendly 'bote, in my opinion. 
It can play a decent co-op game without too much in the way of skills and ship modules. 
Which is a good thing, since I'm rebuilding my credits stash, and several recently arrived ships are awaiting desired modules.

I'm planning a secondary-build for the modules set-up, with compatible Captain's skills.  (Whatever they turn-out to be, in this upcoming Captain's Skills re-bork.)

Congratulations on your Georgia.  :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this