You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Commander itch!!

9 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,481 posts

Building up my Petropavlovsk

I'm SO tempted to EXCP my 11 pnter special Commander Viktor Znamensky to 19 pnts!

It would cost me 1,398,058 EXCP

leaving  me 1,252,790 of my current hoarded supply I am saving for the re(work ) 

I really want to take this ship into randoms but a 11 pnter isn't where I'm comfortable with it.  Is anyone having great games in this ship with a  <19pnter or should a go all in?

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts

I wouldn’t do it.  You’ve got enough ECXP to level 3 captains from 19 to 21 points, and start building up ECXP again from there.  You’d throw away 2 of those Captains just to get 1 guy to 19 points?

Just play Victor in a bunch of premiums to level him up.  Respec him if you need to, since a few hundred doubloons is a lot easier to come by than 1.4 million ECXP is.

• Cool 1

Members
171 posts
5,740 battles

I could be wrong since I don't have the ship, but I don't think (currently) the pertro is a ship that requires a higher point captain.

Generally, ships that require higher point captains are smaller gun gun boats, and secondary BBs. Petro, on the other hand, does not need cap skills to increase its offensive ability (like AFT, BFT, or the secondary skills), it doesn't even need fire reduction skills (since its not considered one of the large cruisers) or demo expert (since you really don't want to use HE if you can help it).

Maybe make your captain a 14 point captain, get the standard skills, and go from there. If you notice that you really want a certain still then by all means get it, but don't think that it really "needs" that skill to work.

• Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
467 posts
6,778 battles
17 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Building up my Petropavlovsk

I'm SO tempted to EXCP my 11 pnter special Commander Viktor Znamensky to 19 pnts!

It would cost me 1,398,058 EXCP

leaving  me 1,252,790 of my current hoarded supply I am saving for the re(work ) 

I really want to take this ship into randoms but a 11 pnter isn't where I'm comfortable with it.  Is anyone having great games in this ship with a  <19pnter or should a go all in?

Petro is a beast. You can get by easy street with a 10 pointer. 12-16 if you want to get crazy. 

the good news is, not only is petro good, but it’s also fun so you’ll play it a lot and earn a lot of XP with it.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,723 posts
18,431 battles

Make your 19 point captain, what is the purpose in waiting? when it can help you now. I would rather use the 19 pointer and get EXP during the wait.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,481 posts
2 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Petro is a beast. You can get by easy street with a 10 pointer. 12-16 if you want to get crazy. 

the good news is, not only is petro good, but it’s also fun so you’ll play it a lot and earn a lot of XP with it.

3 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

I wouldn’t do it.  You’ve got enough ECXP to level 3 captains from 19 to 21 points, and start building up ECXP again from there.  You’d throw away 2 of those Captains just to get 1 guy to 19 points?

Just play Victor in a bunch of premiums to level him up.  Respec him if you need to, since a few hundred doubloons is a lot easier to come by than 1.4 million ECXP is.

Good points.. see below!

2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I would wait and see how the new commander skills pan out.  

Well I went ahead and tried her with the 11 pointer...  I can just imagine what I will be able to do with her when I get her trained up.  Going to take it slow and enjoy the grind.  Already made him a 12 pointer and am almost halfway to 13.. 

I ran out of +1's but thank to all of you for the input as always

Col Out

Petro2.png

PetroP.png

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,238 posts
23,105 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Good points.. see below!

Well I went ahead and tried her with the 11 pointer...  I can just imagine what I will be able to do with her when I get her trained up.  Going to take it slow and enjoy the grind.  Already made him a 12 pointer and am almost halfway to 13.. 

I ran out of +1's but thank to all of you for the input as always

Col Out

Petro2.png

PetroP.png

Hacker...how did you play 6 battles & see 5 different maps?

That's gotta be an illegal mod :-)

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,481 posts
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Hacker...how did you play 6 battles & see 5 different maps?

That's gotta be an illegal mod :-)

It's the only way I can win...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

243a665543abb3ed284499340be3279c.gif

• Funny 1