You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Yamamoto Campaign Now Co-op Doable! (PVE Thread)

102 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles

Never saw an announcement from WG that Co-op was added to the Yamamoto Campaign but it has been. It can now be done, like the Halsey Campaign with credit and XP tasks, by repeating 2 tasks each stage for the needed stars. The final reward is 15pt Yamamoto! :cap_horn:

Note - Science of Victory and Honorable Service Campaigns are still only partly doable in Co-op.

Yamamoto Isoroku: (Requires T8-T10 ships)

Stage 1: (8 Stars Needed)

• Task 8 (2 Stars) - Earn 30,000 XP
  • Task 9 (2 Stars) - Earn 2 Million Credits
  • Final Task - Earn 30,000 XP (Rewards 2 Super Containers)

Stage 2: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 8 (2 Stars) - Earn 30,000 XP
  • Task 9 (2 Stars) - Earn 2 Million Credits

Stage 3: (8 Stars Needed)

• Task 8 (1 Star) - Earn 40,000 XP
  • Task 9 (1 Star) - Earn 3 Million Credits

Stage 4: (12 Stars Needed)

• Task 9 (1 Star) - Earn 40,000 XP
  • Task 10 (1 Star) - Earn 3 Million Credits

Stage 5: (15 Stars Needed)

• Task 11 (1 Star) - Earn 40,000 XP
  • Task 12 (1 Star) - Earn 3 Million Credits
  • Final Task - Earn 30,000 XP (15pt Yamamoto, 200,000 credits, 50,000 Capt XP, 1X Yamamoto Crate)

So this was changed and Co-op was added. It will be a slog with so much XP and so many credits needed, but we can do it. I am going to get started tomorrow on it.

:cap_like:

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 18

[WOLFG]
Members
11,158 posts
10,394 battles

Hell, I went back in game just to set up the campaign.

WG doing their usual bang up job on communicating. :Smile_sceptic:

Edit:  Thank you @AdmiralThunder

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
398 posts
19,662 battles

Thanks for the heads up.  Going to have to guess it'll take me somewhere along 6-12 months to complete.

Might be fun to track more stats for it along the way,  this time around.

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles
8 minutes ago, LabradorRetriever said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Going to have to guess it'll take me somewhere along 6-12 months to complete.

Might be fun to track more stats for it along the way,  this time around.

Halsey took me 392 games over 17 days. I hope to do this faster.

• Cool 2

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles

Thanks for letting us know! I'm slowly finishing up the last part of the Five Epochs campaign. After I finish that one I'm going to start working again on the Halsey campaign and this one. Damn job keeps cutting into my free time! :etc_swear: lol

[ARGSY]
Members
22,351 posts
16,264 battles

@AdmiralThunder, that's outstanding news. I'm really happy for you. 

I'm sure they will find a way through for the others eventually, but in the meantime this is a BIG shift in favour of Co-op only players. 

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
335 posts
24,190 battles

Ranked battle is added to most of the campaign tasks as well. 

Interesting enough that only the final tasks in Honorable Service can be done with co-op, once you get enough stars from random or ranked battles to unlock them.

[CK5]
Members
1,496 posts
15,890 battles

Very  good news for co-op players.  Perhaps WG does not hate co-op after all, or perhaps it is just schizophrenia.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
398 posts
19,662 battles

I don't think the company would care about it, but just had a thought.

If there were 3 tasks that could be done concurrently,  it might encourage some PVEr's that there is some more value to Premium time.  (am I asking for too much?)

It isn't going to change the world,  but it might give some players more incentive, value to pick up extra premium time for Co-op.

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,374 battles

Yes!

The last unique historical commander I need to complete my collection.

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles
23 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Yes!

The last unique historical commander I need to complete my collection.

Same for me. Yamamoto is the only one I need.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles

So decided to jump right on this and get going. Was done playing for the day but got the itch so did the 8 stars for stage 1 of the campaign. I could do the 30K XP for the final task too but it is late, my eyes hurt, and I figure I will wait for tomorrow when the last stage of Santa's Eve starts up and "multi-task" so I get more out of the flags and camos. 

Wasn't bad. 13 games and did 1X 30K task (2 stars) and 3X 2 Million credit tasks (2X3 = 6 stars). Benham, Missouri, Georgia, and Pommern got the call. They are going to be played a LOT during this (especially Missouri). Probably Jean Bart will too. Going to take advantage of that 1st win daily bonus for XP and then use T9 Premiums for credits once the daily win bonuses are used up. Credit tasks will be the main ones I do I think.

I am really glad WG did this but can't for the life of me figure out WHY they didn't tell us? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
398 posts
19,662 battles

For some reason,  read it and didn't clue in that it wasn't BASE XP.  And also thought each task gave 1 star..  That pessimism..

So actually it wont too bad most of the way.   Half way done Mission one,  and 20 battles in.

[PHD]
Members
1,746 posts
7,132 battles

Thanks for the heads up. I  will have to start ASAP.

A problem is, if I remember, that almost all his skills are only activated by winning awards that are not in CoOp matches.

Maybe the captain skills rework will change that?

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,374 battles
6 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

A problem is, if I remember, that almost all his skills are only activated by winning awards that are not in CoOp matches.

You are correct, most unique commander skills don't work in Co-op.

They are mostly for show and pretty shell tracers.

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles
3 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

3 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

You are correct, most unique commander skills don't work in Co-op.

They are mostly for show and pretty shell tracers.

Some of the skills for the various Legendary Capt's do work in Co-op. Yamamoto's though don't. It's more about just getting him as he is the only one I don't have.

[PHD]
Members
1,746 posts
7,132 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Some of the skills for the various Legendary Capt's do work in Co-op. Yamamoto's though don't. It's more about just getting him as he is the only one I don't have.

Yeh, kind of the deal for me thinking maybe it will be useful later. Maybe the skills rework might change that, but I will not hold my breath. 

I have the French and maybe the Italian one as well. Plus the two standard enhanced French captains.

I wish WG would make an enhanced captain for the IJN line besides Yamamoto. 

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles
3 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Yeh, kind of the deal for me thinking maybe it will be useful later. Maybe the skills rework might change that, but I will not hold my breath. 

I have the French and maybe the Italian one as well. Plus the two standard enhanced French captains.

I wish WG would make an enhanced captain for the IJN line besides Yamamoto. 

I have all the Legendary Capt's other than Yamamoto and I believe all the "special ones" (ie; brothers).

[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles

So Stage 1 of Yamamoto is done. Only 19 games. Not bad at all. However, the last few stages there are only 1 Star tasks, the tasks are a bit bigger, and there are more stars needed so still going to take a lot of games. Kind of wish they had added some of the other tasks too because a lot of them are actually harder in Co-op than PVP like the XP and Credit tasks (fire damage for example - people let it burn and bots don't plus it is very hard to get that next fire on a bot before their DCP is back up or the game is over). BUT, we can do it with XP and Credits so no real complaints. Grateful for what they gave us.

1-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Never saw an announcement from WG that Co-op was added to the Yamamoto Campaign but it has been. It can now be done, like the Halsey Campaign ....

Holy Moly!  Thanks, Admiral ... 2 months ago I laid out the missions for the first task ... in anticipation of giving in to some Random play. 

Even picked out the first 3 to focus on ... I really wanted Yamamoto!

Now, I can again choose Randoms only if I really feel like it ... thanks, again.

Yamamoto Campaign.jpg

[D-DAY]
Members
129 posts

Just a shout out to Admiral Thunder for posting this topic.  I started my Yamamoto Campaign immediately.  Not sure what I will do with him, but it's always nice to have a campaign showing as Completed.

• Cool 1