Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kedma

Z-44

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[-GDP-]
Members
3 posts
4,541 battles

Is it just me, or is the Z-44 only able to use half of the rudder shift? Its the only ship that I have, that does this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
890
[REVY]
Members
2,554 posts
13,772 battles

 

 

From the LWM review

 

Quote

CONS

  • Horrible HE DPM & fire setting.
  • Terrible gun handling with bad rearward fire arcs.
  • Anemic torpedo warheads that do only 13,700 damage per hit.
  • Slow rate of turn.
  • Short-ranged AA firepower with no flak.
  • She's a German destroyer without Hydroacoustic Search.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[CAP]
Members
388 posts
16,437 battles

I have to check again but seem to recall that it was weird that you could quickly go to 1/2 rudder but the ship wasn't responding to the rudder setting for a whole 1-2 seconds.  Do other ships have this huge delay before the rudder setting is applied to the ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,040
[SALVO]
Members
25,786 posts
28,012 battles

I was looking forward to the Z-44 before it was released.  But then after seeing the reviews, I couldn't bring myself to spend the coal to get her.

I've very disappointed in both the Z-44 and Z-35 premium German DDs.  The 35 seems very lacking for a gunboat DD, while the 44 seems very lacking for a torp boat DD.  (I know that mentioning the 35 may seem a bit OT, but what the heck.)

The 35 would seem a good deal better if her turrets had the rotation speed similar to the Benson or Kidd, and if she mounted some of the "old" 8.0 or 8.5 km torps mounted on the T-61 or Z-39 tier 6 or 7 premium DDs.  But 6 km???!!!  Seriously, the 35's guns are NOT that good that she needs crappy 6 km torps to compensate.

As the 44, she seems underpowered across the board for a tier 9 premium DD, with her only redeeming feature being her 12 km, fairly quick reloading torps.

In short, the 35 and 44 are quite disappointing compared to the tier 6 T-61 or the tier 7 Z-39, which are nicely balanced premium DDs.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,687
[SIM]
Members
5,578 posts
9,007 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

In short, the 35 and 44 are quite disappointing compared to the tier 6 T-61 or the tier 7 Z-39, which are nicely balanced premium DDs.

I maintain that Z-35 and Z-44 are both a tier too high, which was not done for game balance but instead to fill out those higher tiers with German DD premiums. Z-35 is weirdly missing a Speed Boost consumable and has point defense torpedoes with no compensation anywhere else, while Z-44 has laughable gun performance and no Hydroaccoustic Search in exchange for a goodish reload on her mediocre (for a torpedo DD) torpedoes. Giving both ships their missing consumables would at least make them both feel a bit more credible at their assigned tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,040
[SALVO]
Members
25,786 posts
28,012 battles
9 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I maintain that Z-35 and Z-44 are both a tier too high, which was not done for game balance but instead to fill out those higher tiers with German DD premiums. Z-35 is weirdly missing a Speed Boost consumable and has point defense torpedoes with no compensation anywhere else, while Z-44 has laughable gun performance and no Hydroaccoustic Search in exchange for a goodish reload on her mediocre (for a torpedo DD) torpedoes. Giving both ships their missing consumables would at least make them both feel a bit more credible at their assigned tiers.

The thing is that the Germans don't need another tier 7 premium DD.  So, I don't think that shifting the 35 and 44 down a tier would really be all that worthwhile.  They'd still be underwhelming DDs.

Z-35: I think that it needs its speed boost, some decent 8.0 or 8.5 km torps, and much quicker turret traverse to be bearably decent.  The lack of speed boost doesn't help any either.  The 35 doesn't need outstanding torps, but it would be nice if they were were decent once like the 61 and 39 have.

Z-44: I'm not really sure what would help here.  The alpha damage on her torps is 700 hp below the alpha for the Z-46, which really isn't that bad.  Plus, the 44's torps have 0.1 better detection on her torps.  Not much, but every little bit helps.  Her fully enhanced torp reload is about 66 seconds which is quite nice.  It'd be nice if her guns weren't SOOO anemic.   Alternatively, it would be nice if her concealment was around 5.8 km or so.

 

I want to like the 35, but there's so much about her to dislike.  Mediocre speed with no speed boost.  Slow traversing turrets.  Lame torps.  And I'm not in any rush to spend the coal on the 44.  :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
171 posts
5,735 battles

Are you pressing the right button? I changed my key binds around, but I think there should be a button that only halfway shifts your rudder, instead of shifting it all the way. Again, I could be wrong about that since I changed my key binds around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[USCG]
Members
707 posts
21,908 battles

I picked up the Z44 because well...there’s nothing else I wanted and coal was burning a hole in my pocket. 

My only request for the 44 world be to give her hydro...please. I can live with the guns, AA, detection, etc., being worse than the Z46, but at least give me what makes German DDs...German DDs, hydro.

I really don’t see how adding hydro would in anyway make this DD OP but bring it up to T9 level. 

Edited by cgbosn4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-GDP-]
Members
3 posts
4,541 battles
5 hours ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Are you pressing the right button? I changed my key binds around, but I think there should be a button that only halfway shifts your rudder, instead of shifting it all the way. Again, I could be wrong about that since I changed my key binds around.

yes.. I am using the defaults.  Even if I select the full turn ( press w twice ) the arrow only goes to the 1/2 turn mark..  dont know if it just a glitch or a bug.. its the only ships this happens on..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[WOLF5]
Members
906 posts
36,245 battles
1 hour ago, Kedma said:

yes.. I am using the defaults.  Even if I select the full turn ( press w twice ) the arrow only goes to the 1/2 turn mark..  dont know if it just a glitch or a bug.. its the only ships this happens on..

w doesn’t control your rudder.  that speeds up you engine.  if you want to lock rudder, that would be either q or e using default mappings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×