You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Another negative to Capt Skill Rebork

103 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,277 battles

I have mentioned this in a couple of the threads but just don't see it talked about enough so going to bring it up separate. I hope people will join me in letting WG know this needs to be addressed BEFORE the Capt Skill Rebork hits.

Think about this. In the upcoming Capt Skill Rebork we already know things are going to change dramatically. Cruisers of all types for instance are  losing access to a lot of skills (ie; range, tank builds, secondary builds, etc...). Because of that their builds can end up radically different. All classes will face a similar change.

What I want to point out to people, who may be so angry over this change they haven't thought about it yet, is that this means the upgrade modules (slot 1-6) very likely/possibly will no longer work with the "new" build. Are we expected to foot the cost of changing them out to cohesively work with these new skills/builds WG is forcing on us? I have seen nothing from WG addressing this real and serious issue that is tied to the Capt Skills. 

I mean low tier ships it won't be too expensive but what about the higher tier ships where modules can be 1-3 Million credits each? I have PR for instance set up for a secondary build (I only Co-op and there it works or pick Agir or Siegfried if you prefer). Those ships are not going to be able to go secondary build after the skills change (or not be as effective for damn sure). So that is 2 upgrade slots I have to change because the Capt skills will no longer support a secondary brawler. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if WG hadn't even considered this major negative consequence of the Rebork. Wouldn't surprise me if they have either and are hoping we don't think about it in time which will mean more doubloon sales for them.

WG MUST if they have any sense of what is right and any fairness left in them, during the free Capt respec period, give us the ability to demount upgrade modules for FREE (no 25 doubloon cost) and also to sell any we have changed at full price (none of this 50% credit [edited]). The skills change affects more than just the Capt's. It also affects the upgrade modules we have chosen.

If this ends up on our dime it is going to make the Rebork an even bigger disaster. Raise your voice now and hope we can get them to realize this needs to be addressed in a satisfactory manner so no player has to cover the cost of what THEY have chosen to do to us.

• Cool 18
  • Thanks 23
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

And then....   After the rework happens,...

Some will find ways to slide into special skill combinations that make certain ships overpowered...   There will be subsequent nerfs to  those skill combinations as well as WG didn't foresee that...  
That in turn will further nerf 'normal' player skills..

Rinse and repeat a few times.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles
49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have mentioned this in a couple of the threads but just don't see it talked about enough so going to bring it up separate. I hope people will join me in letting WG know this needs to be addressed BEFORE the Capt Skill Rebork hits.

Think about this. In the upcoming Capt Skill Rebork we already know things are going to change dramatically. Cruisers of all types for instance are  losing access to a lot of skills (ie; range, tank builds, secondary builds, etc...). Because of that their builds can end up radically different. All classes will face a similar change.

What I want to point out to people, who may be so angry over this change they haven't thought about it yet, is that this means the upgrade modules (slot 1-6) very likely/possibly will no longer work with the "new" build. Are we expected to foot the cost of changing them out to cohesively work with these new skills/builds WG is forcing on us? I have seen nothing from WG addressing this real and serious issue that is tied to the Capt Skills. 

I mean low tier ships it won't be too expensive but what about the higher tier ships where modules can be 1-3 Million credits each? I have PR for instance set up for a secondary build (I only Co-op and there it works or pick Agir or Siegfried if you prefer). Those ships are not going to be able to go secondary build after the skills change (or not be as effective for damn sure). So that is 2 upgrade slots I have to change because the Capt skills will no longer support a secondary brawler. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if WG hadn't even considered this major negative consequence of the Rebork. Wouldn't surprise me if they have either and are hoping we don't think about it in time which will mean more doubloon sales for them.

WG MUST if they have any sense of what is right and any fairness left in them, during the free Capt respec period, give us the ability to demount upgrade modules for FREE (no 25 doubloon cost) and also to sell any we have changed at full price (none of this 50% credit [edited]). The skills change affects more than just the Capt's. It also affects the upgrade modules we have chosen.

If this ends up on our dime it is going to make the Rebork an even bigger disaster. Raise your voice now and hope we can get them to realize this needs to be addressed in a satisfactory manner so no player has to cover the cost of what THEY have chosen to do to us.

When World of Tanks introduced new equipment and reworked how they functioned, it was up to the player to fork over a massive fortune in credits to buy everything and re-equip every single tank to the new meta.

It was a transparent money grab to make all the players poorer.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
215 posts
57 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WG MUST if they have any sense of what is right and any fairness left in them,

Thanks for the laugh Admiral. 

• Funny 4
  • Haha 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles

the way i see it, CVs are the big winners in this with those 2 skills that let them ignore 15% of TDS, basically putting all cruisers at nothing, and a skill that allows them to ignore 33% of flak damage, which ships like the FDR will love since they already laugh off flak, BBs and DDs make out ok i suppose, and as everyone knows, cruisers get drugged at the bar, taken out in the alley, get beaten, among other heinous acts of which i cant say because it'd probably get my comment deleted, and are left there to die

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
215 posts
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It is a big IF I know but just saying...

I hope you are right for your sake.  I just do not care anymore and will just run with sub-optimal ships and captains.  I was just thinking WGs history of competence and ethical behavior,  neither of which I've seen much of. 

• Cool 4

Members
1,870 posts
20,653 battles

I've been thinking about that also. For many of my ships what module upgrades I pick have a direct relationship to what commander skill I've picked. Sometimes it's to reinforce something in particular; other times picking one to cover something frees up the other to  strengthen something else. A major change to either one will mean the other is obsolete.

WG take note... if the players are stuck paying for any module changes you're just going to create more bad feelings among your client base... do you really want that??? Do you even care???

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
5 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

In Russia, company does not serve customer, customer serves company.

How is it different in the rest ofnthe world?  It is only their budget for PR is bigger...:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Do we actually know that you can not pick skills from a different class? I know they have organized them that way but are they presented that way in the captains skill tree? I have not seen that yet. 

Never mind found the FAQ page.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
30 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

See the source image

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And Move commanders for free.

Maybe that can be an option. Unassigne all commanders and zero out all skills. That would be very helpful to me.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
Just now, Singularity_invader said:

Another WW2 naval battle simulation game is already under development. There will be more competition, don't worry.

Yeah looks good includes CV's and Subs right out of the box

• Haha 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,534 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No, in Russia, both company and customer serve great Soviet State.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,820 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

And Move commanders for free.

Maybe that can be an option. Unassigne all commanders and zero out all skills. That would be very helpful to me.

This is what I have been asking about since the first announcement of this rework.  It is fairly costly if you have to move commanders around tech tree ships to take advantage of this.  I have one for sure that I know of.  Not sure how many more since I really haven't dove into the details at all.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,820 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Agree here Admiral.  I was going to make the Siegfried my first secondary build cruiser, but now I am not even considering buying it.  I haven't looked into this whole reskill too much, but will once snowflakes are done (usually I get mine done in the first couple of days).

I would think WG has thought of this and like others have said, will leave it alone as a hidden cost.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
3 hours ago, kyesac said:

This is what I have been asking about since the first announcement of this rework.  It is fairly costly if you have to move commanders around tech tree ships to take advantage of this.  I have one for sure that I know of.  Not sure how many more since I really haven't dove into the details at all.

Well I am sure they will not allow us to move commanders for free forever, I am just asking for once.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles
7 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

Another WW2 naval battle simulation game is already under development. There will be more competition, don't worry.

oh? whats the name of this game if you dont mind?

ywPgSNe.jpg

Edited by tcbaker777

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles
9 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

War on the Sea, developed by Killerfish, the studio that made Cold Waters.

ooo, just looked them up, they just recently put in a custom scenario mode where you can re create historic battles, ill have to keep this game on my radar

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
7 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

ooo, just looked them up, they just recently put in a custom scenario mode where you can re create historic battles, ill have to keep this game on my radar

Same. It's the wrong type of game to replace WoWS for me, but looks like it might earn a place in the rotation of other games I play at the same time.