You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bot01010101

12,000 players online and I get this?

51 comments in this topic

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles

6v6 with 2 cvs per team?  wth?  I guess this is why I no longer pay a subscription to play this game.  It's not worth it to me.

image.thumb.png.fd1cfe36c209dbcc8eaa89a170251452.png

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
5,210 posts
6,659 battles

There's a fail Division there somewhere; tier IV ships aren't supposed to get into tier VI battles. Probably MM flushed both divisions on each side down the toilet, then placed you there to fill up a few slots too.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
14 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

6v6 with 2 cvs per team?  wth?  I guess this is why I no longer pay a subscription to play this game.  It's not worth it to me.

image.thumb.png.fd1cfe36c209dbcc8eaa89a170251452.png

There is no subscription to play this game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[TMS]
Members
3,641 posts
35,387 battles

I had been logged in today for about 4 hours without playing a single battle.

Edited by Final8ty

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,170 posts
18,820 battles
12 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

There is no such thing as fail divisions. Your only allowed to run two tiers apart but yet MM can throw you in a three tier match. Two ships running in a division at different tiers has absolutely to nothing to do with who they are placed in a battle with. People need to get this fail division [edited] out of their heads. People do help others grind up lines and to blame this is simply childish thinking.

It's primarily a fail division when a higher tier ship brings its -1 counterpart into a match that it would otherwise be excluded from.  A T5 divisioned with a T4 can bring the T4 to a T7 match.  Hell, a T5 can bring a T4 to a T6 match, which they are excluded from as well.

The MM does indeed attempt to match equal fails together.  If a T5 is bringing a T4 to a T6 or T7 match, MM will look for another T5 doing the same and assign it to the other team.  I see this a lot in MM of failed divisions.  

Note this only occurs when the T5 does indeed pull a T6 or T7 match.  If the T5 pulls a T5 match, even with a fail division mate at T4, MM does not need to match fail divisions as it can just match a T4 against the T4.  But it can only do this if the T5 draws a T5 match....it can't do this if the T5 draws a T6 or T7 match.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

There is no subscription to play this game.

If you play to play this game, as I have done over the last year or so, that is the very definition of a subscription.  30 days - 60 days - 90 days - etc.  If you haven't visited the Premium Shop for WoWS, you'll see this very clearly.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,405 posts
16,979 battles
8 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

There is no such thing as fail divisions. Your only allowed to run two tiers apart but yet MM can throw you in a three tier match. Two ships running in a division at different tiers has absolutely to nothing to do with who they are placed in a battle with. People need to get this fail division [edited] out of their heads. People do help others grind up lines and to blame this is simply childish thinking.

If a Tier 4 divs up with a Tier 5 or higher they can get thrown into MM that sees them go up against Tier 7.  It happens fairly often, I see it a few times a month.  It ain't [edited] if it's real.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,170 posts
18,820 battles
2 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

If you play to play this game, as I have done over the last year or so, that is the very definition of a subscription.  30 days - 60 days - 90 days - etc.  If you haven't visited the Premium Shop for WoWS, you'll see this very clearly.

I believe the point being made is that there is no subscription REQUIRED to play the game. 

• Meh 1

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles
25 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

There's a fail Division there somewhere; tier IV ships aren't supposed to get into tier VI battles. Probably MM flushed both divisions on each side down the toilet, then placed you there to fill up a few slots too.

There were 2 tier IV CVs and 2 tier VI CVs (evenly divided per team) and it was tier 6 battle matchmaking.  So there were 2 "fail divisions" in the same game which is in some way equal.  Worse than that is that the number of CVs and ratio of CVs (33% of ships per team) is the very definition of unbalanced and anomalous matchmaking in the WG system.  There were 2 CVs per team in a 6v6 game.  That is complete [edited] matchmaking.  I don't know how much clearer it could be that this was very F'd up.

Edited by Bot01010101
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
5,210 posts
6,659 battles
13 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Sure thing buddy. When you run  a tier VII-VIII Division and  end up in tier X battles please post this for the tier VII to read.

• Cool 5

[_I_]
Members
32 posts
22 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

The Almighty Spreadsheet says there is nothing wrong here. No surplus of CV's, no dearth of surface  ships targets, no shortage of new players, no veteran player burnout. Everything is fine! Would you like to buy some Satan Mega Containers?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles
2 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

The Almighty Spreadsheet says there is nothing wrong here. No surplus of CV's, no dearth of surface  ships targets, no shortage of new players, no veteran player burnout. Everything is fine! Would you like to buy some Satan Mega Containers?

Correctomundo in your analysis, IMHO.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,750 posts
25,011 battles
23 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Sure thing buddy. When you run  a tier VII-VIII Division and  end up in tier X battles please post this for the tier VII to read.

I remember seeing this long ago:  3 ship Division, VIII Tirpitz + VII Scharnhorst + VII Gneisenau.  Obviously they were trying to beat up on some mid tier ships but they ended up in a Tier X game instead due to the Tirpitz in their Division.

I was playing a X Moskva at the time and we simply devoured those Tier VII ships alive.  Our Tier X Battleships had a field day.  That 3 ship Division with a bunch of VIIs in a Tier X game was nothing more than chum in the water.

Some may be able to do well despite such Fail Divisions.  We used to purposefully Fail Div Tier VII Winfast into Tier X games and she fit right in with zero problems.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[REVY]
Members
2,562 posts
13,808 battles
13 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

20201213_144811.jpg

And how many people play without a subscription?

As said earlier, a subscription is not required to play this game, hence it is a 'Free to Play' game.

All the subscription gives you is better XP and credits, it is not required at all.

@OP

Your first problem is having Match Monitor.

Honestly looking at that, your team has the more experienced players.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Meh 1

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles
10 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I believe the point being made is that there is no subscription REQUIRED to play the game. 

The post that I responded to was, "There is no subscription to play this game."   That is accurate in so far as it goes, but not complete.  I completed the picture for reference.    I also added this above:

These are the facts.  If you wish to discuss them further, give me a holler.

[KWF]
Members
5,210 posts
6,659 battles
12 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

There were 2 tier IV CVs and 2 tier VI CVs (evenly divided per team) and it was tier 6 battle matchmaking.  So there were 2 "fail divisions" in the same game which is in some way equal.  Worse than that is that the number of CVs and ratio of CVs (33% of ships per team) is the very definition of unbalanced and anomalous matchmaking in the WG system.  There were 2 CVs per team in a 6v6 game.  That is complete [edited] matchmaking.  I don't know how much clearer it could be that this was very F'd up.

I don't disagree, but as I said MM just dumped the queue it found to get rid of these weird lineups the moment it noticed two divisions with tier IVs in them.

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles

@warhaeart1992.  Yes.  All I said was it was crap.  End of story, except that with this many players online, I expect better than this crap.

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Your first problem is having Match Monitor.

You obviously don't understand what Matchmaking Monitor is.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[DRAC0]
Members
13 posts
713 battles
51 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

That's a fail div queue dump.

And who doesn't like being in a game description that includes the words "fail" and "dump."  Thanks, Wargaming!  LoL

Edited by Bot01010101

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
54 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

there are 12k players online, but you get matches like this because none of those players bother to play T5 or under anymore. WG completely ruined mid and low tier matches with these multi CV games that seem to be the majority of matches at those tiers. Sad, those tiers used to always be heavily populated, but now you can't even get a match that isn't filled out with bots because the devs drove the players away yet still won't admit to the obvious elephant in the room.

Members
3,883 posts
13,993 battles
6 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

And who doesn't like being in a game description that includes the words "fail" and "dump."  Thanks, Wargaming!  LoL

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,573 posts
4,223 battles
41 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

You're only allowed to run 1 tier apart. But how is dragging your lower tier buddy into a match far outside their ship capability helping them grind a line? The most common reason I've seen is I didn't have another T5 (code for I suicided early and now am out of ships to throw away). If you Div with a lower ship (excluding T9 and T8) you're just making it harder for your div mate, yourself, and the rest of the team. It's actively hindering the team by replacing what would be a more capable ship with a less capable one. Hence the name Fail Division. IMO it shouldn't be allowed, as most of the people who do it have no idea why it's a problem.

16 minutes ago, Bot01010101 said:

@warhaeart1992.  Yes.  All I said was it was crap.  End of story, except that with this many players online, I expect better than this crap.

Fail Divs screw with MM, so do CVs to some extent. My guess is MM was holding the Fail Div (the low tier with protected MM probably didn't help either) for another one, as soon as it popped up it just grabbed everyone who was in range and made a battle. It happens, there were some unique circumstances which messed it up for one game. You happened to be caught up in it. Weird things happen with 12K players, move on, it's not like it happens every match.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1