You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lallave

SCHARNHORST

5 comments in this topic

[_JAG_]
Members
57 posts
4,561 battles

The other day the Scharnhorst showed up as a loan ship, I guess for my previous achievements with the Nuremburg. Anyway, never having played a BB but having sunk many with DD torpedoes I was reluctant to try it out. BB's are soooooo massive. Turns out to be more interesting than DD's. I like the 20 sec reload. The guns are not as big but with that reload I have wasted several DD's with two salvos. I tell you what, playing the Scharnhorst is going to make me into a much better DD man because I am getting to get the feel for how these big boys move around and what not to do around them with a puny DD. 

• Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
468 posts
6,788 battles

Scharn is great. It’s a really fun ship. My first premium and I played the snot out of it. Basically a tier 7 Super cruiser. Still wish it had hydro ... 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
17 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Scharn is great. It’s a really fun ship. My first premium and I played the snot out of it. Basically a tier 7 Super cruiser. Still wish it had hydro ... 

Scharnhorst is a good ship, but not as strong as it once was.  Still a lot of fun when things go right and you're able to brawl.

I miss the days when Bismarck had 6km hydro.  Nothing like hunting DDs with 15 inch guns up close and personal.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,199 posts
12,101 battles
32 minutes ago, lallave said:

I tell you what, playing the Scharnhorst is going to make me into a much better DD man because I am getting to get the feel for how these big boys move around and what not to do around them with a puny DD.

Just an FYI - especially these days Scharn is really more of a 'Super heavy cruiser' than a battleship. Don't get me wrong it can bully like one as a top tier but even than, her movement and all is still more akin to a cruiser, the bigger badder BB's are slower to respond to things and all.

But that's why I've been saying for years that removing ships more often is more detrimental than letting other players attain them/buy them and that anyone having difficulty against a ship or type should actually play that type or if they can get it ship in to the tier 6+ range (doubly so for CV's because 4 is such a bad representation of actual CV play it's not even funny because those tiers need a ton more AA) to actually learn about it and figure out it's strengths and weaknesses, as well as common tactics or why the ones they see used are. For all the 'Kamikaze Op' claims - I blow them out of the water plenty and only the very good players in them sink my BB - but I played against pre-nerf IJN when Kamikaze was considered inferior to Minekaze in most everyway, and I own 2 of the 3 clones, so I know how to fight and win against them even in USN standards - or Oklahoma. 

Pretty much every ship in the game has some gap in the armour, some limitation that can be exploited, as long as you know of it's existence and how to do so. And that is easier when you've been on the other side.