You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Sang

Game keeps crashing (After Nvidia update)

13 comments in this topic

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles

Game keeps crashing after Nvidia update. It was either because of this update or when I just re researched a line. Seems to crash when I try to put flags on a ship I am re researching for research points? I dont know which part is making it crash. 

KongoResearch.png

So I just Figured this out. In the new Nvidia patch do not turn this on!

WoWNvidiaPatchIssue.png

Edited by _Sang

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,535 posts
14,839 battles

The latest driver is not always the best driver and being an older game there is unlikely to be anything beneficial in the new driver anyway. The first thing to do in this case is to roll back to the last driver that worked. They have drivers going back a long ways on their site.

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The latest driver is not always the best driver and being an older game there is unlikely to be anything beneficial in the new driver anyway. The first thing to do in this case is to roll back to the last driver that worked. They have drivers going back a long ways on their site.

I am thinking I might be something else in my control panel. Checking it out now. I even reset my router just in case it was that. 

Also just logged in and crashed right away and it said I am pink for 3 battles for... RIP

Edited by _Sang

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles

Solved! Do not have this on in new Nvidia update!

WoWNvidiaPatchIssue.png

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,779 posts
10,635 battles
23 hours ago, _Sang said:

Solved! Do not have this on in new Nvidia update!

WoWNvidiaPatchIssue.png

Thank you for the update and sharing with the community!

#anchorsaweigh

• Thanks 1

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,025 battles
36 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Thank you for the update and sharing with the community!

#anchorsaweigh

No problem! It took me awhile for me to figure it out by process of elimination but hey I do this kind of stuff at work lol :fish_book:

Edited by _Sang
  • Cool 1

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,970 posts
23,261 battles

Found game unplayable after WGcheck update. first game played crashed 8 time during the game. made it back in game 4 times but never made it far before crashing again and again. wth. my last NVIDIA update was 3 weeks ago so its not that. only change was that WGcheck at the update opening the game client.

[KOTOR]
Members
68 posts
5,116 battles

Same. Crashes, green dots (on mine). packed it up, and sending it off to the shop now. Can't even turn it on without it constantly lapsing and rebooting.

[GWG]
Members
7,304 posts
14,089 battles

I found something triggering Windows Defender on my one machine...

If I start my game and see a number above 150M for the Defender program, I must close everything and RESTART (do not cycle power).  If I hit the BATTLE button, it is likely to lock up...  Sometimes it is considerate enough to lock up in port.Locked.thumb.jpg.7548afe8def1e638c90c1cf3dba6d03e.jpg

Once I get the size of that program down, it'll run perfectly all day.  Remember -- just restart the computer, don't power off.

NoLock.thumb.jpg.72716ae68a68b16d165ff308eab699e2.jpg

[FORM]
Members
288 posts
1,905 battles
On 12/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, JollyRodge said:

Same. Crashes, green dots (on mine). packed it up, and sending it off to the shop now. Can't even turn it on without it constantly lapsing and rebooting.

It seems after last night's update I'm experiencing these issues too. Ran the WG Check found my install was "damaged"crash2a.JPG.6acd7c5c8e0a74efc9598e90f4fa9078.JPG

I'm running the recovery now, it went fine through the first 200 files, but now it just hangs. After 5 mins I paused and restarted it, but it keeps getting stuck on this one file. 

crash3.JPG.39e6e472642be194f16c2be7c749be0a.JPG

Update 1: Just checked the file you're taking about AVR_Project, seeing that too:

crash4.JPG.a08c228003a38ed73d3843d400d2e067.JPG

Update 2: Restarted the computer, got over the file 208, up to 573/993 now with the repair...

Update 3: Two hours into this repair and I'm at file 634/993... seems like it is just crawling now. Ugh.

Edited by Arctander2

[KOTOR]
Members
68 posts
5,116 battles
On 12/18/2020 at 5:52 AM, Arctander2 said:

Update 3: Two hours into this repair and I'm at file 634/993... seems like it is just crawling now. Ugh.

Weird. I had to take mine to the shop for repair. My graphics card burned out. Got it back yesterday. Still getting disconnected every now and then, but not as often as before. I had checked/repair my client, but it didn't show any damage, or anything weird.

UPDATE 12/30/20 WGCheck sent to tech support. They said it was either my router or my antivirus. So I disabled my antivirus and haven't had any hiccups since.

Edited by JollyRodge

[FORM]
Members
288 posts
1,905 battles
25 minutes ago, JollyRodge said:

Weird. I had to take mine to the shop for repair. My graphics card burned out. Got it back yesterday. Still getting disconnected every now and then, but not as often as before. I had checked/repair my client, but it didn't show any damage, or anything weird.

Bummer on the card. I had that happen to a card (2 cards back now.) My install took the better part of 10 hours to run all the way through (I had to restart my PC for work crap which slowed the process a lot.) After the WG Check ran all the way through I still couldn't get in game. Ran the check repair in WGC and that took about 10 mins, downloaded 600mb of files, then had to do the repair a second time, downloaded 1.5gb of files... But finally at around 8PM I was able to get in game and it's working fine now. Totally weird.