Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WhateverFloats

Todays Advent "quest"

28 comments in this topic

[RSWF]
Members
433 posts
6,464 battles

You know you don't actually have to do those "quests", right?  Just click the button below and move on.

• Cool 3

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
46 minutes ago, Bomont said:

You know you don't actually have to do those "quests", right?  Just click the button below and move on.

Oh snap, the cat's out of the bag now. :Smile_ohmy:

[Y0L0K]
Members
378 posts
25,406 battles

They are not validating whether you do the quest or not.  Just click it and you will get credit whether or not you actually did it.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles

If you actually do the thing in the special quest (as opposed to just clicking on it) does anything happen (do you get a mission, or another 3 flags or something)?

[WOLFG]
Members
80 posts
7,622 battles
18 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you actually do the thing in the special quest (as opposed to just clicking on it) does anything happen (do you get a mission, or another 3 flags or something)?

Probably not, it doesn't seem there's a way to actually verify whether you do the thing (beyond clicking the button).

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
20 hours ago, WhateverFloats said:

Todays advent calendar "quest" is to link a payment method to your account... lol, now there's some transparency for you...

Damm a F2P game for trying to figure out how to generate some cash.......   Satan is truly alive.  

[S0L0]
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
31 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

At the bottom you will see a bar.. similar to the dockyard bar...   you earn bonuses.. in the end its worth 2 santa crates,   big & regular

[RSWF]
Members
433 posts
6,464 battles
1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

At the bottom you will see a bar.. similar to the dockyard bar...   you earn bonuses.. in the end its worth 2 santa crates,   big & regular

He's talking about the "Special Quest" that is on the page each day between the "Receive" button near the top and the "Complete the Quest" button at the bottom.  You don't have to do the "Special Quest" in order to complete the quest and get progress on the bottom bar.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
23 hours ago, WhateverFloats said:

Todays advent calendar "quest" is to link a payment method to your account... lol, now there's some transparency for you...

I have had Paypal linked to WG since before WOWS was a thing.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles

Actually bad, today's quest is to link to Facecrook !

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

I thought the Advent quests were intrusive and gave up on the whole thing early on. 

The quests aren't intrusive, they're meaningless.  Just prompts to consider doing X. 

• Cool 1

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
11,034 battles
9 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

I thought the Advent quests were intrusive and gave up on the whole thing early on. 

They might be considered that, if you actually had to do anything but click the button. Good decision, not clicking those buttons!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
14 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

No.

Members
158 posts
16,560 battles
14 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Damm a F2P game for trying to figure out how to generate some cash.......   Satan is truly alive.  

There's trying to make money, then there's naked, shameless greed.

WG has been neck deep in the latter for years.

And why wouldn't they, with people like you defending every crappy decision they make.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
11,034 battles
1 hour ago, isssm said:

And why wouldn't they, with people like you defending every crappy decision they make.

So, wanna explain how the Advent calendar is another example of this 'naked, shameless greed' that terrible people like us are so eager to defend?

[S0L0]
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
9 hours ago, isssm said:

U mad bro?   If the advent calendar, which literally & figuratively  does not cost a single penny to complete is an example of such underhanded greed.....  How is it you actually find the strength to log into this daily and support such a criminal enterprise as WeeGee?  I mean even the start page  to the forums includes a  link to the premium shop?   My god the agony...   

• Funny 2

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles
7 hours ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

So, wanna explain how the Advent calendar is another example of this 'naked, shameless greed' that terrible people like us are so eager to defend?

Well, I haven't defended it, but I've done it every day.

Am I an enabler?

• Haha 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
5 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Well, I haven't defended it, but I've done it every day.

Am I an enabler?

Apparently, you're a victim.  :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
158 posts
16,560 battles
6 hours ago, iRA6E said:

I mean even the start page  to the forums includes a  link to the premium shop?   My god the agony...   

There's a difference between "here's our shop" and an implied "you have to link payment information to get free rewards" - keeping in mind that setting up payment and making the first purchase are the biggest barriers to converting a F2P into a paying player.

6 hours ago, iRA6E said:

If the advent calendar, which literally & figuratively  does not cost a single penny to complete is an example of such underhanded greed

You really want to hold up the advent calendar as an example of WG being nice?

Fundamentally, the calendar is a demonstration of all the crappy ways modern live services monetize. You have actual gameplay affecting flags, which you probably aren't going to earn enough of naturally through gameplay to always have equipped, and then on top of that you have all the grind related crap.

Second, the rewards aint actually all that great, especially since they cost WG literally nothing to produce. 3 of presumably each kind of flag? You could burn through that in less than an hour of playing. 100 gold isn't enough to buy their cheapest lootbox, the day premium time for which you can't control the start time, so you might not even be able to use it, and the two lootboxes probably aren't going to be much more valuable than anything else, since like all gambling, it gives out trash rolls more often than good ones.... especially since they're rigged.

And again, a reminder that anything "useful" the lootboxes spit out are "useful" only because WG created the problems they're used to solve in the first place.

6 hours ago, iRA6E said:

How is it you actually find the strength to log into this daily and support such a criminal enterprise as WeeGee?

Well, thanks to people like you defending the [edited] tactics publishers use to push more monetization, basically the entire games industry is just as bad as WG.

Just because I have to put up with this [edited] to play games doesn't mean I have to do it quietly.