You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

You noticing any changes to dispersion?

14 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Admittedly it had been a while since I played a number of my BBs and cruisers. But today I just kept seeing the same thing and had to ask.

When firing my German BB guns (Tirpitz, Odin) I could not help but notice the dispersion of the shells fired. Imagine holding your hand straight out, your fingers extended but side by side. Your fingers represent the shells being fired.

Now spread your fingers out on a horizontal line, as far apart as you can. That's what the dispersion on my main batteries looked like today. Absolutely  bonkers. 

Of course, it could be bad memories so I thought it best to ask. I don't remember it ever being that bad. 

You? tiafyc

Members
2,100 posts

when you fire ...your turrets have to be stationary ...if they are still moving this will happen ...but i have noticed this a while ago and stopped playing the kurfurst about a month ago...so even when turrets are locked into a fixed position the dispersion was less than desirable .. i started playing the republic again and it was doing great..until one of the top clan people ran into it and i wouldnt let him out from behind a rock ..he started to get a little irritated by it ...started to run into a few more top players and they got man handled and were complaining about my ship..now all of a sudden seems like i cant hit anything with it ( repub) either...missing alot of dead on shots ...

so to be specific about this ..i do believe my ships have had some adjustments made to them ..could be a bug also but not really leaning that way ...and just those two ships i dont play any other ships regularly ..

from what i remember the #4 turret on the kurfurst is having its problems unless they fixed it 

Edited by arch4random
no reason

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
1 minute ago, arch4random said:

when you fire ...your turrets have to be stationary ...if they are still moving this will happen ...but i have noticed this a while ago and stopped playing the kurfurst about a month ago...so even when turrets are locked into a fixed position the dispersion was less than desirable .. i started playing the republic again and it was doing great..until one of the top clan people ran into it and i wouldnt let him out from behind a rock ..he started to get a little irritated by it ...started to run into a few more top players and they got man handled and were complaining about my ship..now all of a sudden seems like i cant hit anything with it ( repub) either...missing alot of dead on shots ...

so to be specific about this ..i do believe my ships have had some adjustments made to them ..could be a bug also but not really leaning that way ...and just those two ships i dont play any other ships regularly  

Please tell me you are not suggesting that "top players" are complaining so WG has nerfed your dispersion for them.

Just the concept of "top players" complaining about it is hard enough to believe but just as an FYI...your tin foil is showing.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
36 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Admittedly it had been a while since I played a number of my BBs and cruisers. But today I just kept seeing the same thing and had to ask.

When firing my German BB guns (Tirpitz, Odin) I could not help but notice the dispersion of the shells fired. Imagine holding your hand straight out, your fingers extended but side by side. Your fingers represent the shells being fired.

Now spread your fingers out on a horizontal line, as far apart as you can. That's what the dispersion on my main batteries looked like today. Absolutely  bonkers. 

Of course, it could be bad memories so I thought it best to ask. I don't remember it ever being that bad. 

You? tiafyc

KM dispersion has always been a bit wonky...even after the buff they got awhile back...especially at longer ranges.

Try moving up to get closer...they are designed as brawlers so ranged accuracy will always be an issue for them.

Members
2,100 posts

if this is what you have to tell yourself to be happy KHAOS then by all means do so ...i know what my ships can and cannot do ..i also have good eyes ..maybe stop playing on your phone so you can see more details ..you know like being able to see the big picture

Edited by arch4random
no reason

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,434 battles

German dispersion has always been relatively shoddy. Even the Odin is a shotgun with 2.0 sigma. Night and day when compared with Champagne. It’s just one of the costs associated with playing Germany.

Members
2,100 posts

you can tighten up the dispersion on the bb by adjusting your firing angle the tighter the angle of your guns the tighter your shells will be ..except for the #4 turret..but once you open up your ship to the broadside position and fire thats where the dispersion problem is greatest especially with the 4th turret ..from what i can remember about it...they called it a buff ...i called it a reason to stop playing it  ..

also the 4th turret adjustment is or was noticeable when turning  it seemed to be very pronounced at that point..

i dont know if anything was or has already been fixed or will ever be 

Edited by arch4random
no reason

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,456 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You? tiafyc

Dispersion is governed by RNG.

The same kind of RNG that determines loot crate drops.

:Smile_trollface:

Enjoy the game for what it is.

Dont be mad, bro...its a free2play game. Balanced and equitable gameplay is not a primary goal of the game.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,103 posts
20,447 battles

Just as infuriating as always.

And sorry to that DD I shot yesterday with a flier from my Jean Bart.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,131 battles

I'm grinding Kansas right now, so there was never a memory of good dispersion to erase.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm grinding Kansas right now, so there was never a memory of good dispersion to erase.

Now I have to say, that made me LOL, truly. 

Everyone else - well okay... The Odin I have played minimally. I was firing at 8 to 12 km during the one engagement that prompted my question. The Tirp earlier? Total disappointment. Shots she used to cit on were so dispersed they just splashed all around the target without a single round touching. 

Appreciate everyone's comments - thanks much! 

Members
120 posts
13,097 battles

1.5 to 1.6 is nothing, you can feel it at12 kms or closer,  but if u get at that distance the armor layout is crap and you are done in 1 minute, consider your reload and speed of retreating, kansas CANT fight back in any way

[WSP]
Beta Testers
124 posts
5,875 battles

Nah, BB dispersion has been crap for 80% of my shots since I joined closed beta, no matter what they say they tweak, they stay the same donut shaped patterns around the target

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles

Hey

BB dispersion has consistently getting more and more questionable over the years; same for ricochet's, over pens, even on broadside ships at relatively close ranges.  Have even see ricochets off of DD's, go figure.  Now they want to NERF secondary BB's with the capt. rework, so lets have BB's play even farther back and never push up to help.

Pete