Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herms

Bought a gift for the wrong username and can't get support.

17 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
3,046 battles

I bought a ship as a gift and sent it to the wrong person.

I have made 4 tickets and every time I make a ticket they send me a auto reply that has to do with Santa containers and they close the ticket.

Is there any way to get support??

This is the reply I keep getting.

If you still have the items you received from the containers on your account, we will refund the requested purchases as promised. However, due to the large amount of manual work involved with removing the received items from your account, your ticket may take a fair bit of time to be completed. We apologize for this delay. In order to cut this time short, we can alternatively offer you a roll-back of your account to the date before the purchase along with a refund (this can be processed quickly). Otherwise, we will proceed with the manual restoration and refund (this may take a week or more to complete).

Please note that the roll-back procedure returns the account to its condition on the specified date (including dismissed commanders, undistributed and free experience, statistics, warships, upgrades, modules, and progress in combat missions, etc.), so all gaming activities you've engaged in after this date will be nullified.

Bear in mind, if some of the items received from the containers are no longer on your account, we can only process the refund together with an account roll-back, as communicated earlier.

Please let us know about your decision in a new ticket created under https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/33777/ category and indicate a preferred option (account rollback or manual restoration).

The ticket we're having the conversation in will be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

Note: this is an automated reply.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
3,629 posts
42,164 battles

OP, since what WG has done is unprecedented. REFUND.

Refund requests through support are at an unprecedented high volume.

So, I suggest patience. It's their first REFUND.

Average transaction takes 1-2 weeks to fix money wise and longer for roll backs because they probably had to bring back some folks from vacation to get it done.

That back log must be ginormous.

I suggest we all send WG a fruit cake. St Petersburg office.

The NA office would not be involved in this. But sending coffee their way would be nice. And maybe a medal 🥇.

[PVE]
Members
7,234 posts
23,080 battles
7 hours ago, Herms said:

I have made 4 tickets and every time I make a ticket they send me a auto reply that has to do with Santa containers and they close the ticket.

If you still have the items you received from the containers on your account, we will refund the requested purchases as promised. However, due to the large amount of manual work involved with removing the received items from your account, your ticket may take a fair bit of time to be completed. We apologize for this delay. In order to cut this time short, we can alternatively offer you a roll-back of your account to the date before the purchase along with a refund (this can be processed quickly). Otherwise, we will proceed with the manual restoration and refund (this may take a week or more to complete).

Please note that the roll-back procedure returns the account to its condition on the specified date (including dismissed commanders, undistributed and free experience, statistics, warships, upgrades, modules, and progress in combat missions, etc.), so all gaming activities you've engaged in after this date will be nullified.

Bear in mind, if some of the items received from the containers are no longer on your account, we can only process the refund together with an account roll-back, as communicated earlier.

Please let us know about your decision in a new ticket created under https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/33777/ category and indicate a preferred option (account rollback or manual restoration).

Dude...please just eat the loss.

There is an unsuspecting player that all of a sudden (through no actions of his own) received a ship on his account.

If he used it...for even 1 battle in any battle mode...he is going to be liable for the charge & have his account locked until he can pay for the ship or (if he can't afford to pay for it) need to get his account rolled back...all because of your mistake.

At least PM the player (or if he has not been in the forums look him up in game & send him a PM) to find out how badly you will be screwing him over due to your mistake before just screwing him.

I understand this started as a good deed towards a friend...but please don't just ruin somebody else's game on account of the mistake...at lest attempt to give the player an advanced warning if you haven't.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 3

Members
8 posts
3,046 battles
58 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Dude...please just eat the loss.

There is an unsuspecting player that all of a sudden (through no actions of his own) received a ship on his account.

If he used it...for even 1 battle in any battle mode...he is going to be liable for the charge & have his account locked until he can pay for the ship or (if he can't afford to pay for it) need to get his account rolled back...all because of your mistake.

At least PM the player (or if he has not been in the forums look him up in game & send him a PM) to find out how badly you will be screwing him over due to your mistake before just screwing him.

I understand this started as a good deed towards a friend...but please don't just ruin somebody else's game on account of the mistake...at lest attempt to give the player an advanced warning if you haven't.

I don't think this person plays anymore, and also can't really afford it.

Members
8 posts
3,046 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

OP, since what WG has done is unprecedented. REFUND.

Refund requests through support are at an unprecedented high volume.

So, I suggest patience. It's their first REFUND.

Average transaction takes 1-2 weeks to fix money wise and longer for roll backs because they probably had to bring back some folks from vacation to get it done.

That back log must be ginormous.

I suggest we all send WG a fruit cake. St Petersburg office.

The NA office would not be involved in this. But sending coffee their way would be nice. And maybe a medal 🥇.

My Tickets were closed, so it is hard to believe they would be looked at at a later date. If they do great.

[PVE]
Members
7,234 posts
23,080 battles
28 minutes ago, Herms said:

I don't think this person plays anymore, and also can't really afford it.

Well...in that case it shouldn't effect them badly as long as they haven't run the ship.

At least check the stats & send him a PM so he isn't confused if he logs in some day & notices the announcement of getting a ship & having it removed :-)

26 minutes ago, Herms said:

My Tickets were closed, so it is hard to believe they would be looked at at a later date. If they do great.

Sounds like they are assuming it was for your account as opposed to a gift...where it says the ticket has been closed there is always an option to comment & have it reopened...just clarify (in small words so there's no misunderstanding) all the details.

They're able to handle it properly...if it doesn't get handled PM the ticket number to 1 of the mods...

@foodprinter or @Hapa_Fodder...can you help OP out here? (& can you help to make sure the person that got it by accident has the least amount of hassel if it's an issue?).

@Herms...edited to say "small words" instead of "all words"...doh.

Your response does give more clarification now... shouldn't be an issue but there are a lot of people presently asking for support due to the Santa crate fiasco so it may take awhile for them to get it handled...should get a reply from 1 of the mods soon...they should be able to help get it resolved quicker for you.

GL :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Members
8 posts
3,046 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Well...in that case it shouldn't effect them badly as long as they haven't run the ship.

At least check the stats & send him a PM so he isn't confused if he logs in some day & notices the announcement of getting a ship & having it removed :-)

Sounds like they are assuming it was for your account as opposed to a gift...where it says the ticket has been closed there is always an option to comment & have it reopened...just clarify (in all words so there's no misunderstanding) all the details.

They're able to handle it properly...if it doesn't get handled PM the ticket number to 1 of the mods...

@foodprinter or @Hapa_Fodder...can you help OP out here? (& can you help to make sure the person that got it by accident has the least amount of hassel if it's an issue?).

This person has had an account since Beta and has played 95 games total. if he does not log in in 30 days the ship offer is automatically rescinded. I would also get an email when he/she accepts the gift. I can wait the 30 days , but I would rather just have my money back so I can buy a gift for the correct person.

Edited by Herms
  • Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
4,226 posts
12,509 battles

First of all, if the mistaken recipient does not claim the gift, your money will be refunded.

Secondly, the ticket was closed because it is being handled differently - it was most likely lumped in with other requests for Gift refunds.  You have to follow the directions included in the response to get your refund, most likely due to the volume of requests:

"Please let us know about your decision in a new ticket created under https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/33777/ category and indicate a preferred option (account rollback or manual restoration)."

Members
8 posts
3,046 battles
8 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

First of all, if the mistaken recipient does not claim the gift, your money will be refunded.

Secondly, the ticket was closed because it is being handled differently - it was most likely lumped in with other requests for Gift refunds.  You have to follow the directions included in the response to get your refund, most likely due to the volume of requests:

"Please let us know about your decision in a new ticket created under https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/33777/ category and indicate a preferred option (account rollback or manual restoration)."

That link gives you two options 

one if you bought a container from the premium shop and one for a container from the armory. 

I did not buy a container. 

also the refund is given in in game currency not cash. 

[LOU1]
Members
4,226 posts
12,509 battles
9 minutes ago, Herms said:

That link gives you two options 

one if you bought a container from the premium shop and one for a container from the armory. 

I did not buy a container. 

also the refund is given in in game currency not cash. 

Hadn't noticed those critical details.  Guess it is either see what the two staff members that were pinged can do or wait the 30 days.  FWIW, I remember that when that happened to me quite a while ago, I was told to wait the 30 days.

• Cool 1

Members
3,629 posts
42,164 battles
5 hours ago, Herms said:

If it is closed, it just means the reply. But they will fix it. It is just a big back log. 

Sorry this happened, but like the year itself, it is not an easy go of it.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,767 posts
10,574 battles
On 12/13/2020 at 2:47 AM, Herms said:

Can you PM me with your ticket number?

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
3,046 battles
21 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Can you PM me with your ticket number?

Looks like this ticket is being worked on and I did not get the auto reply. Thank you very much for your help.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,767 posts
10,574 battles
29 minutes ago, Herms said:

Looks like this ticket is being worked on and I did not get the auto reply. Thank you very much for your help.

No problem, we're slowly but surely making progress on our ticket pile but I also made sure your request would be manually reviewed as well.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,234 posts
23,080 battles
12 hours ago, Herms said:

Nice...glad to see this is getting handled :-)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this