Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT

WG please do something with the training room.

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
402 posts

The Training Room as it is now a is a total pain in the rear to use. You can't change flags or Capt without leaving the room and if you are the room creator the whole room shuts down. We have been asking for these fixes for a long time and nothing has been done. If this can't be done do to coding issues please let us know so we can understand that.  Many of the player/clan events set up by clans and players outside of your events, we have to use the training room and we would be very happy if you would put a bit of work into the training room. Thank you. 

Edited by anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,772
[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles

I was not aware of issues with training room. It works fine for me.

I don't throw toga parties in it though.

And I don't cram it with max of harugumos and one CV either like some sick twisted clans do for entertainment. This isn't 88mm.

And some of those re-enactments are not even historical

Just because you lock 🔐 it up doesn't mean no one knows it's nawty.

I log in training rooms and it's like a red light district in Amsterdam. Only you are grateful you don't have comms.

With strange captions like shimakaze and the chambermaid, I am not sure what value of training goes on in there.

The number of mosaic tiles in that section has gone up.

Maybe WG noticed and is flickering the lights just to let certain players of the E L James crowd to tone it down a bit.

Even the Euro server folks are cringing.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
417 posts
5,650 battles

  I suppose it would make sense to be able to build your own captain and use what flags you wanted for true testing purposes.  I noticed the roster is not updated with certain  ships either.  Like steel and coal ships.  Either way its a decent tool for basic services.  Only used it a few times to test weapons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,555
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

Be thankful  you have it.  In the early days, it was locked behind a series of DOS commands...   After that, we just had to edit a config file -- each time we wanted to go in...

And now we can select it from the mission select...   I'd say it's come a long, long way.

NOW...   If you complain, one of three things will happen:  1) it will improve,  2) Nothing will be done to it, or 3) It will GO AWAY.
This will depend on what kind of mood WG is in.  Based on the history I've seen....   Don't push your luck since #3 is the cheapest and most convenient thing WG can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
20 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Be thankful  you have it.  In the early days, it was locked behind a series of DOS commands...   After that, we just had to edit a config file -- each time we wanted to go in...

And now we can select it from the mission select...   I'd say it's come a long, long way.

NOW...   If you complain, one of three things will happen:  1) it will improve,  2) Nothing will be done to it, or 3) It will GO AWAY.
This will depend on what kind of mood WG is in.  Based on the history I've seen....   Don't push your luck since #3 is the cheapest and most convenient thing WG can do.

Well, if they go with number 3 it will kill any player run tournaments like Kots and the BB tournament going on over the last couple of weeks. Player run tournaments are starting to become more and more. Some of these tournaments are being done so no CV can be in them. Either way WG should take a look at improving the training room. It is in their best interest. Many players enjoy these tournaments and making the training room better may even increase them which in turn creates content WG does not have to spend one second creating. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,555
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles
42 minutes ago, Venac said:

Well, if they go with number 3 it will kill any player run tournaments like Kots and the BB tournament going on over the last couple of weeks. Player run tournaments are starting to become more and more. Some of these tournaments are being done so no CV can be in them. Either way WG should take a look at improving the training room. It is in their best interest. Many players enjoy these tournaments and making the training room better may even increase them which in turn creates content WG does not have to spend one second creating. 

I forgot option #4...   Yeah, they will make improvements...
But now you will have a standard 'Charge' for each battle -- just like random or co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,007
Members
1,210 posts
15 hours ago, Venac said:

The Training Room as it is now a is a total pain in the rear to use. You can't change flags or Capt without leaving the room and if you are the room creator the whole room shuts down. We have been asking for these fixes for a long time and nothing has been done. If this can't be done do to coding issues please let us know so we can understand that.  Many of the player/clan events set up by clans and players outside of your events, we have to use the training room and we would be very happy if you would put a bit of work into the training room. Thank you. 

I wish you luck on this. It took a long time just for them to get the training room working and before that we had to use an Aslians mod for it. Getting them to fix it so you can do stuff has also been asked for many times and no word from WG ever on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,906
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,987 posts
5,224 battles

Not only that, I'm not aware of any documentation on how to use the TR.  I keep stumbling across features.

@Hapa_Fodder will you pass this along, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×