You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
alligay

Need a Premium Aircraft Carrier of Japanese Navy?

31 comments in this topic

[USAF]
Members
25 posts
1,345 battles

The US Navy has Franklin Delano Roosevelt as their Tier 10 Premium Aircraft carrier.

The German Navy will possibly have 2 Tier 10 Premium Aircraft Carriers:

M. Immelmann

phpaDdgCm

and W. Voss can't find the image =( 

So how about considering a Tier 10 Premium Aircraft Carrier for Imperial Japanese Navy?

IJN Shinano

image.png.73c2439ff1f7a99638119d5dc430e4b5.png

Ship

Cost - 31000 Steel because there is no ship cost 31000 Steel

Hit Point... If we compare the hit points between Hakuryu(63,100), Midway(67,600), F.D.R.(67,600), Manfred Von Richthofen(65,300) and Audacious(63,400), we can get the lowest HP - 63,100 and highest HP - 67,600. Hit Point for IJN Shinano should be between 64,000 and 66,000.

Length 268m

Beam 36.3m

Draught 10.3m

Secondary Armaments

8 Twin 127mm dual-purpose guns

Firing Range - 5.2km

Rate of Fire - 18 shots/min

Reload time - 3.33 seconds

HE shell - 100mm HE type 98 (same as Hakuryu)

Initial HE shell velocity - 800 - 900m/sec

Chance of fire on target caused by HE shell - 6 - 11%

AA Defence

35 triple 25mm AA guns

Average damage per second - between 110 - 170

Firing Range - between 3 - 5km

12     28 barrelled 120mm AA defence rocket launchers (28 explosions per salvo)

Average damage per second - between 290 - 340

Firing Range - between 5 - 8km

40mm Bofors "chi" type 98

Average damage per second - 242

Firing Range - 3.51km (according to Hakuryu, doesn't need to be added)

Maneuverability

Top speed - 29 - 35 knots

Turning radius - 1108m

Rudder Shift time - 20 - 24 seconds

Concealment(Shinano is smaller than Hakuryu)

Detectability by sea

Shinano - 12 - 14km

Hakuryu - 15.66km

Detectability by air

Shinano - 8 - 10km

Hakuryu - 11.42km

Aircraft Compliment

Rocket Attack Planes - Ki 84 hei Hayate

Rockets in payload - 8

damage - 2000 - 3000

Fire Chance - 11%

Cruise speed - 150 - 180

Hit points - 1500 - 2000

Squadron size - 9 planes, 3 per attack run

Number of Aircraft on deck - 14

Aircraft Restoration time - 60 - 80 seconds

Torpedo planes - B7A2 Ryusei

Torpedo in payload - 1

Range - 3 - 4km

damage - 3000 - 4000

flooding chance - 43 - 58%

Cruising speed - 120 - 140

Hit points - 1700 - 2300

Squadron size - 12 plane, 4 per attack run

Number of aircraft on deck - 18

Aircraft Restoration time - 70 - 90 seconds

Dive bombers - B6N2

Bombs in payload - 1

Bomb type - armour piercing

maximum damage - 7000 - 11000

Cruising speed - 130 - 150

Hit points - 1300 - 1900

Squadron size - 12 planes, 3 or 4 per attack run

number of aircraft on deck - 18

Restoration time - 80 - 100 seconds

Edited by alligay
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[O_O]
Members
6,911 posts
16,592 battles

Yes.  YESSSSSSSS.  Because more CV's, and premium CV's in particular, are EXACTLY what this game needs right now! 

I cannot wait for SUBS to be released upon the general population!  And then...PREMIUM SUBS to really bring fun and engagement to the forefront! 

Hahahahaha....

....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:cap_haloween::Smile_trollface::fish_viking:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 2

Members
1,024 posts
1,416 battles
1 hour ago, alligay said:

If we compare the hit points between Hakuryu(63,100), Midway(67,600), F.D.R.(67,600), Manfred Von Richthofen(65,300) and Audacious(63,400),

Why would you? You should be comparing to Yamato.

I see a problem here.

Someone didn't look up Shinano's stats. 25 knots :fish_glass:

Which is an IJA plane that doesn't even carry rockets. Better plane would be A6M5.

I support IJN Shinano's addition, but where did you even get these from?

Edited by black_hull4
  • Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
13,080 battles
Just now, black_hull4 said:

Why would you? You should be comparing to Yamato.

I see a problem here.

Someone didn't look up Shinano's stats. 25 knots :fish_glass:

Which is an IJA plane that doesn't even carry rockets. Better plane would be A6M5.

Shinano's speed design wise was 27 knots, matching Yamato. She's got the same hull form, the same boilers, turbines, horsepower and screws. In theory she could go a hair faster being more lightly loaded, but in reality it wouldn't amount to more than a couple tenths of a knot, and running her that light might cause stability issues. Shinanao would have simply carried more ballast to make up the difference in weight.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,603 posts
4,223 battles

Voss is just a test ship, and probably won't ever be in the game. The production version of her is Immelman.

Shinano has been requested for a while, I think we'll see it eventually. When? Who knows. That said, I really don't think another CV is what we need right now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,535 posts
14,839 battles

It would be a fantasy Shinano because the real one only had an air wing a bit bigger than the Langley because most of the planes were stored below as cargo and 47 planes is nowhere near enough to operate in tier 10 AA unless the respawn is insanely fast.

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,711 posts
5,859 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It would be a fantasy Shinano because the real one only had an air wing a bit bigger than the Langley because most of the planes were stored below as cargo and 47 planes is nowhere near enough to operate in tier 10 AA unless the respawn is insanely fast.

Or they are made of Katana-forged-steel and cannot be shot down, like the FDR planes.

[RLGN]
Members
15,199 posts
26,854 battles
11 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Nobody ever talks about the Unryuu-class CVs. :Smile_sad:

Isn’t that the one there’s pictures of partially sunk at Kure or Yokosuka?

(search fu activate...)

Ah. Sorta kinda. Amagi sunk with a nearly 90o list at Kure.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,590 battles
41 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Unryuu class would also be cool

If she's a T6.  Personally, I want a T6 Prem IJN CV, as well as a T6 Prem USN CV.  RN has Ark Royal and KM has Erich Loewenhardt.  Ark Royal I understand, as I believe she was in the works before rework, though not to a testing phase yet.  The Loewenhardt though, I'd have expected a prem IJN or USN before her.  Not complaining mind you, just a little odd.  Primary reason I want a T6 IJN and USN Prem CV is so I can train my CV Commanders in Scenarios.  Since I generally use CV's in them, it's a win/win for me. :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,241 posts
12,257 battles
13 minutes ago, Volron said:

If she's a T6.  Personally, I want a T6 Prem IJN CV, as well as a T6 Prem USN CV.  RN has Ark Royal and KM has Erich Loewenhardt.  Ark Royal I understand, as I believe she was in the works before rework, though not to a testing phase yet.  The Loewenhardt though, I'd have expected a prem IJN or USN before her.  Not complaining mind you, just a little odd.  Primary reason I want a T6 IJN and USN Prem CV is so I can train my CV Commanders in Scenarios.  Since I generally use CV's in them, it's a win/win for me. :Smile_playing:

It would be nice to have more CV's available.  
Premium and Tech-tree CV's welcome.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,216 posts
10,570 battles
17 minutes ago, Volron said:

The Loewenhardt though, I'd have expected a prem IJN or USN before her.  Not complaining mind you, just a little odd.

Not odd at all when you consider she was released alongside the German CV line.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,535 posts
14,839 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

Or they are made of Katana-forged-steel and cannot be shot down, like the FDR planes.

Yeah but the FDR has a normal sized air wing and the respawn is glacial for the planes you do lose.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
13,080 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That was as configured as a "support carrier" only using about half the hanger. The other half of the hanger was to be used for storage of spare parts, and as room to repair aircraft from other CV's. There was also a loadout with an insane number of aircraft for resupplying island bases, but those aircraft mostly crated or tied to the flight deck. Realistically, she could have carried 80 to 90 aircraft comfortably. Her hanger is actually huge by WWII standards, and wouldn't be out of place today. Her lack of a center elevator is part of the cause of this, her wide beam covers the rest..

Her real problems were her lack of speed and lack of the center elevator. 27 Knots with Yamato's cruising speed won't keep up with fast carrier groups. The lack of the center elevator limited her ability to spot strikes on the deck quickly. Torpedo bombers usually go up the aft elevator, with the dive bombers going up either the middle or aft elevators, and fighters going up the middle or foreword elevators so that the aircraft are spotted on the deck in order of takeoff run required. 

2 hours ago, Koogus said:

Unryuu class would also be cool

An Unryuu could work, but Soryu would be a better fit age wise, unless WG grabbed the low hanging fruit and reused Hiryu, though I'd rather she came back as a tech tree CV at tier 6.

• Cool 1

[USAF]
Members
25 posts
1,345 battles
1 hour ago, Volron said:

sure, I make a topic base on that.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,937 posts
4,729 battles
9 hours ago, alligay said:

The US Navy has Franklin Delano Roosevelt as their Tier 10 Premium Aircraft carrier.

The German Navy will possibly have 2 Tier 10 Premium Aircraft Carriers:

M. Immelmann

phpaDdgCm

and W. Voss can't find the image =( 

So how about considering a Tier 10 Premium Aircraft Carrier for Imperial Japanese Navy?

IJN Shinano

image.png.73c2439ff1f7a99638119d5dc430e4b5.png

Ship

Cost - 31000 Steel because there is no ship cost 31000 Steel

Hit Point... If we compare the hit points between Hakuryu(63,100), Midway(67,600), F.D.R.(67,600), Manfred Von Richthofen(65,300) and Audacious(63,400), we can get the lowest HP - 63,100 and highest HP - 67,600. Hit Point for IJN Shinano should be between 64,000 and 66,000.

Length 268m

Beam 36.3m

Draught 10.3m

Secondary Armaments

Firing Range - 5.2km

Rate of Fire - 18 shots/min

Reload time - 3.33 seconds

Initial HE shell velocity - 800 - 900m/sec

Chance of fire on target caused by HE shell - 6 - 11%

AA Defence

35 triple 25mm AA guns

Average damage per second - between 110 - 170

Firing Range - between 3 - 5km

12     28 barrelled 120mm AA defence rocket launchers (28 explosions per salvo)

Average damage per second - between 290 - 340

Firing Range - between 5 - 8km

40mm Bofors "chi" type 98

Average damage per second - 242

Firing Range - 3.51km (according to Hakuryu, doesn't need to be added)

Maneuverability

Turning radius - 1108m

Rudder Shift time - 20 - 24 seconds

Concealment(Shinano is smaller than Hakuryu)

Detectability by sea

Shinano - 12 - 14km

Hakuryu - 15.66km

Detectability by air

Shinano - 8 - 10km

Hakuryu - 11.42km

Aircraft Compliment

Rockets in payload - 8

damage - 2000 - 3000

Fire Chance - 11%

Cruise speed - 150 - 180

Hit points - 1500 - 2000

Squadron size - 9 planes, 3 per attack run

Number of Aircraft on deck - 14

Aircraft Restoration time - 60 - 80 seconds

Torpedo planes - B7A2 Ryusei

Torpedo in payload - 1

Range - 3 - 4km

damage - 3000 - 4000

flooding chance - 43 - 58%

Cruising speed - 120 - 140

Hit points - 1700 - 2300

Squadron size - 12 plane, 4 per attack run

Number of aircraft on deck - 18

Aircraft Restoration time - 70 - 90 seconds

Dive bombers - B6N2

Bombs in payload - 1

Bomb type - armour piercing

maximum damage - 7000 - 11000

Cruising speed - 130 - 150

Hit points - 1300 - 1900

Squadron size - 12 planes, 3 or 4 per attack run

number of aircraft on deck - 18

Restoration time - 80 - 100 seconds

It was in closed alpha back in the day. It was considered to be too overpowered due to it’s Yamato armor belts and was replaced out with the other Japanese cv instead. I could see than doing it in the future still. What most people don’t get is that it is a lot harder to cause damage these days than it was in the past. I make half of the damage I normally do in a battleship with a CV. All that needs to be done is an increase in rate of fire for aa guns across the board on a ship by ship basis. 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
25,446 battles

At this moment I would prefer a Tier 6 IJN premium CV just because steel takes so long to gather if you arent a super unicum. Perhaps the new ranked system will change that.

Either way, I'd rather a Tier 6 premium first. I super tested FDR, before I left the program to start nursing school, and it just wasnt as fun to play as other CVs. Now that's just my opinion, but I love the speed and adaptability of CVs. Being able to assist in different areas of the map with each sqaudron. I didnt have that feel with FDR and she was just too unreliable in damage output. I would be afraid of what a Tier 10 IJN CV would play like. If it was similar to FDR than no thanks.

[WPORT]
Members
7,241 posts
12,257 battles
38 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

At this moment I would prefer a Tier 6 IJN premium CV just because steel takes so long to gather if you arent a super unicum. Perhaps the new ranked system will change that.

Either way, I'd rather a Tier 6 premium first. I super tested FDR, before I left the program to start nursing school, and it just wasnt as fun to play as other CVs. Now that's just my opinion, but I love the speed and adaptability of CVs. Being able to assist in different areas of the map with each sqaudron. I didnt have that feel with FDR and she was just too unreliable in damage output. I would be afraid of what a Tier 10 IJN CV would play like. If it was similar to FDR than no thanks.

Tier-6 (and Tier-7, if we ever get the Odd-Tiered CV's returned to the game) are able to participate in Scenario Operations.  Which would enable players to have a greater variety of fun and allow for quicker Commander training.
Thus the ship is more useful and therefore attractive to purchase as a premium.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
25,446 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Tier-6 (and Tier-7, if we ever get the Odd-Tiered CV's returned to the game) are able to participate in Scenario Operations.  Which would enable players to have a greater variety of fun and allow for quicker Commander training.
Thus the ship is more useful and therefore attractive to purchase as a premium.

A good point because I do enjoy scenarios and play CV in those still available, along with other ships.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles
3 hours ago, landedkiller said:

It was in closed alpha back in the day. It was considered to be too overpowered due to it’s Yamato armor belts and was replaced out with the other Japanese cv instead. 

Must have been a very different Shinano from the one I tried back then. My overriding memory of that ship is having no planes left, and trying to ram somebody on the red team.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
13,080 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Must have been a very different Shinano from the one I tried back then. My overriding memory of that ship is having no planes left, and trying to ram somebody on the red team.

I wasn't in alpha when she was driving around, but that was my understanding as well. She drove around like a really big Graf Zeppelin once she had run out of planes, which happened pretty fast.

These days there's a few more options, and the game is more lethal. You could turn her into a tier 10 Kaga, which would fit with why she was converted in the first place (she was initially Kaga's replacement after Midway).

You could also give her a very small airwing with an insane regen, which wasn't available under RTS.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I wasn't in alpha when she was driving around, but that was my understanding as well. She drove around like a really big Graf Zeppelin once she had run out of planes, which happened pretty fast.

These days there's a few more options, and the game is more lethal. You could turn her into a tier 10 Kaga, which would fit with why she was converted in the first place (she was initially Kaga's replacement after Midway).

You could also give her a very small airwing with an insane regen, which wasn't available under RTS.

A really big Graf Zeppelin without the secondaries lol. If both had a brawl then my money would be on the German tbh.

You're right that nowadays WG could make Shinano work in a number of ways. We have infinite plane regen now as you mention, and quite frankly there's nothing to stop WG completely ignoring that much of Shinano's space was used as a plane stowage. 'Historical accuracy' has been dead for years at best and arguably never existed in the first place. TBH I'm surprised WG hasn't done anything with Shinano or Akagi after all these years.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
13,080 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

A really big Graf Zeppelin without the secondaries lol. If both had a brawl then my money would be on the German tbh.

You're right that nowadays WG could make Shinano work in a number of ways. We have infinite plane regen now as you mention, and quite frankly there's nothing to stop WG completely ignoring that much of Shinano's space was used as a plane stowage. 'Historical accuracy' has been dead for years at best and arguably never existed in the first place. TBH I'm surprised WG hasn't done anything with Shinano or Akagi after all these years.

Shinano didn't have great secondary's by modern standards, but German's didn't exist and didn't have special pen rules back that far. This was back when building Yamato as a secondary boat was the thing to do.

I think that Shinano is getting held back for a rainy day, possibly after someone goes and finds her wreck. She could also be used to cap off another IJN CV line, as the Japanese have the most potential for number of CV lines with all the one offs. She also has to be at either tier 9 or 10 just on principle as the third Yamato sister.

Akagi could show up whenever WG does the alternate line of tech tree IJN CV's at tier 8, or as another rainy day premium. Her wreck was discovered a little over a year ago, so maybe they'll revisit her in the near future.

One benefit of them is WG has already done what research they could for the models, so updating the research and models should be a cheaper task than any other ship

One of the biggest problems with adding CV's to the game is there really wasn't that many different classes of CV's in the time period covered. I don't think they need to be in a giant rush to add every CV class built to the game all at once. After that it would get really stale having nothing but all paper releases and completely made up ship without the potential of gaining real ships in the future.