You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Coal ship

10 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,259 battles

Yoshino or Marceau??

I am working on both the Japanese cruiser line and the French DD line if that makes a difference.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
6 minutes ago, epojokke said:

Yoshino or Marceau??

I am working on both the Japanese cruiser line and the French DD line if that makes a difference.

I have both.....love both but Marceau has better carry potential...jmo

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

Though they have commander overlap, Yoshino is more distinct from Zao than Kleber is from Marceau. If you’ll end up with Kleber and Zao anyway, I’d lean towards Yoshino for variety. Regardless of what ship you choose, both are pretty solid. 

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,804 battles
25 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I have both.....love both but Marceau has better carry potential...jmo

If someone is worth a damn at open water fighting?

Sure.

Otherwise, not so much.

In any case, to me, Marceau is just a target you have to lead more to hit.

(Craziest shot I ever made I was actually leading so far to get the hit(s) the target was off the screen.)

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sure.

Otherwise, not so much.

(Craziest shot I ever made I was actually leading so far to get the hit(s) the target was off the screen.)

Global winrates on wows stats page doesn't agree with you......your answer lead them more is kinda like everyone had a plan to fight Mike Tyson....he said they all have a plan till they get punched in the mouth,lol.....Marceau great speed great dpm......best one on one dd in my book.....if a dd opens fire on it , it has it beat on dpm....a kleber only gets to shoot at it if if let's it, better concealment...and even then you let the kleber use his reload booster then after its done you have a huge dpm advantage...you have good AA and DFAA...best choice for a dd is to just try to stay dark or catch it in hydro(z52)

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles

Sure.

Otherwise, not so much.

Lol..leading off the screen,lol

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles

Sure.

Otherwise, not so much.

Nice shot.  :-)

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,047 posts
11,140 battles

If you like action the Marceau definitely makes things exciting. Yoshino is more of a long range sniper and fire breather, at least early to mid game for sure, but she’s really good at it. Would agree with the comment from meta man that Marceau has more carry potential for sure but it’s prolly also the higher skill ship of the 2

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,804 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

Global winrates on wows stats page doesn't agree with you......your answer lead them more is kinda like everyone had a plan to fight Mike Tyson....he said they all have a plan till they get punched in the mouth,lol.....Marceau great speed great dpm......best one on one dd in my book.....if a dd opens fire on it , it has it beat on dpm....a kleber only gets to shoot at it if if let's it, better concealment...and even then you let the kleber use his reload booster then after its done you have a huge dpm advantage...you have good AA and DFAA...best choice for a dd is to just try to stay dark or catch it in hydro(z52)

I don’t duel other destroyers unless it involves stabbing them in the back.

I understand and work with my own lack of ability when it comes to destroyer knife fighting.

“Never fight fair...” and all that.

My preferred method of killing destroyers is to smash them to bits with cruiser or battleship HE...

...which is pretty much exactly what I was doing during that off screen shot.