Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
surratus

I have a question about the new Commander Skills - that doesn't seem to have been covered

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,035 posts
4,341 battles

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but my search skills are terrible.  In the Skill changes FAQs it has been stated that re-specs will be cost free for the duration of the patch.  Makes sense, and follows precedent.  But what about the 25 doubloon charge for remounting Ship Upgrades?

I've recently returned to the game after a long hiatus and the game changes have been, to say the least, daunting.  I've returned to a port with a different UI, where all my commanders had been reset, consumables standardized, and upgrades removed from the vessels.  (Oddly, exterior consumables remained unchanged.)  I did appreciate all that because the ongoing re-specs, refits, and other parameters is helping in my reeducation on how to play.  And wow, things change fast with this game, including the degree at which my skills have declined during the hiatus.  But to the point of the question; when reequipping my ship upgrades and reassigning skills to my commanders I noticed how much to two are interconnected.  Even the Wiki is full "stacks with" phrasing that refers to upgrades as well as other consumables.

I know there has been a good bit of angst regarding the commander skill issue and my point is not intended to add to it.  Perhaps players with more experience have determined that no significant changes to upgrades will be necessary, or more likely from forum threads, are like "dude, are you kidding?  Upgrade demount charges are the least of the issue. So chill."  But I'm sitting on nearly 200 ships in port, and I've only reequipped and respec'd less than a dozen.  Does it make any sense to continue? Or just play that handful and wait on the rest until the dust settles?  Waiting is likely to make for an interesting Snowflake season...

Members
2,516 posts

I don't think that was mentioned.

I will say that 90% of equipment is pretty standard and nothing I've seen will change that.

The main questions usually are about range vs rate of fire, 

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles

There has been no mention of anything about upgrade respecs. Remember you can sell them though, albeit at a loss.

As to whether you will want to change upgrades after the rework, that's going to have to be a call you make based on how playstyles/builds change. More than that I can't say.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,523 battles

Since the goal of the captain skill change appears to be to further extract money...

...I would say assume no free demounts until WG explicitly promises otherwise.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this