Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Action_Hero_John_Cusak

Fubuki vs Hatsuharo Type 8 mod. 2 Torpedo

7 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
4,459 battles

It really didn't hit me until I was going up the two Japanese lines in tandem. At least in word o' tanks, the guns, engines, etc would crossover etc where possible.There is a type 8 mod 2 torpedo you have to research. Researching it for one ship doesn't make it accessible to the other. Just cheap and gross WG. Shame. It's such a beautiful game. God knows they are making money. But little things like this suck.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles

I always kind of wondered about that, but meh, no biggie.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles

I am currently doing the same two IJN DD lines, on the very same ships and didn't notice that modules were the same or similar.  Not like it took much effort to get the xp to obtain them anyway, but my focus has been to try to not play them the same way since they clearly operate differently. 

Anyway, in my opinion OP, you are complaining about nothing.  You are honking here in WoWs because unlike WoT, there is actually a horn to honk!  Slap some signals on your DDs, take 'em to an Operation and have some fun while easily making the xp for those modules.

Members
29 posts
4,459 battles
12 minutes ago, Altwar said:

I am currently doing the same two IJN DD lines, on the very same ships and didn't notice that modules were the same or similar.  Not like it took much effort to get the xp to obtain them anyway, but my focus has been to try to not play them the same way since they clearly operate differently. 

Anyway, in my opinion OP, you are complaining about nothing.  You are honking here in WoWs because unlike WoT, there is actually a horn to honk!  Slap some signals on your DDs, take 'em to an Operation and have some fun while easily making the xp for those modules.

Same principle most likely applies across the game and through most of the torpedos etc going up the line, mulitple lines, crossovers between dd and ca etc. Have fun bro. It's gross.  Especially since it's a reversal of a previous policy.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles
39 minutes ago, Action_Hero_John_Cusak said:

Same principle most likely applies across the game and through most of the torpedos etc going up the line, mulitple lines, crossovers between dd and ca etc. Have fun bro. It's gross.  Especially since it's a reversal of a previous policy.

Haven't ever seen modules that can be researched in one vessel made available in another and I've had a presence in this game since Beta.   I could be wrong here (and surely someone more keenly aware will have a specific reference) but nothing comes to mind.

This isn't tanks; there are noticeable differences between these games and even the forums themselves.   Just because something exists in one game doesn't mean it will in another.  Tanks have boosters for a time period; ships have a signal for a single battle. Tanks have a crew (for now anyway) and ships have a single commander.  Tanks can have a semi-complex set of modules shared between other tanks who are similar variations of each other.   Ships modules were never complex and were made even more simple a few updates ago.   

I think in the time you made your initial complaint and then your reply, you could have made significant headway into researching your module.  

And I do have fun; it's the whole point of why I play so thank you!

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles
1 hour ago, Action_Hero_John_Cusak said:

It really didn't hit me until I was going up the two Japanese lines in tandem. At least in word o' tanks, the guns, engines, etc would crossover etc where possible.There is a type 8 mod 2 torpedo you have to research. Researching it for one ship doesn't make it accessible to the other. Just cheap and gross WG. Shame. It's such a beautiful game. God knows they are making money. But little things like this suck.

You seem to be having difficulty living up to your name.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this