Favorite Christmas Movies

25 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,353 posts
16,964 battles

Mine is image.png.46b0112f07f813bd01221a9f87b49d7e.png

Heart warming and a good watch which unfortunately is all too rare these days:Smile_sad:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
22,715 battles

That is a great movie but for me, A Christmas Story makes the season much better!

A Christmas Story- The Triple Dog Dare Clip (HD) - YouTube

It's a Wonderful Life is a very close second

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,311 posts
10,136 battles

The Night the Reindeer Died.....I like a Santa that goes out the front door....

• Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,311 posts
10,136 battles
39 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Mine is 

Heart warming and a good watch which unfortunately is all too rare these days:Smile_sad:

I always thought that this was one of the saddest segments of any Christmas movie in that it captured the horror of war as here was this wonderful little girl who was just one of so many orphans and to think of the misery and terror that this poor girl had inevitably endured....

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,353 posts
16,964 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Die Hard is the ultimate christmas movie.

I dare you all to change my mind.

:Smile_great:Perhaps:Smile_sceptic:...................But it's Not a Feel Good Heartwarming movie,It seems they just don't make those anymore :Smile_sad: And yes I do like Die Hard just not in the same way or for the same reasons🤷‍♂️

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7 (2).png

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Die Hard is the ultimate christmas movie.

I dare you all to change my mind.

Has some memorable lines.

"welcome to the party, pal!"

"Yippee-kai-yeah, MF-er!"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
5,236 posts
6,659 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Perhaps:Smile_sceptic:...................But it's Not a Feel Good Heartwarming movie,It seems they just don't make those anymore :Smile_sad: And yes I do like Die Hard just not in the same way or for the same reasons🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Has some memorable lines.

"welcome to the party, pal!"

"Yippee-kai-yeah, MF-er!"

Who can forget that moment when Hans Gruber got his best friend John Mclane a machinegun as a present. Really puts you into a Christmas mood. :cap_win:

I have to also confess that possibly due to age Nightmare before Christmas is a favorite as well.

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,353 posts
16,964 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Who can forget that moment when Hans Gruber got his best friend John Mclane a machinegun as a present. Really puts you into a Christmas mood. :cap_win:

I have to also confess that possibly due to age Nightmare before Christmas is a favorite as well.

:Smile_great: "Comme-ci comme ça🤷‍♂️  Or  giphy.gif

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
35 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Just think of all the ammo John's buddy Hans tried to give him as a present!  

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,353 posts
16,964 battles

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Who can forget that moment when Hans Gruber got his best friend John Mclane a machinegun as a present.<<<--<<:Smile_sceptic: Really puts you into a Christmas mood. :cap_win:

:Smile_great:

35 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Just think of all the ammo John's buddy Hans tried to give him as a present!  <<<--<<:Smile_sceptic:

:Smile_great:Only problem is he neither gave either  "John Mclane a machinegun"  "ammo"  Willingly and especially the ammo which he wanted deposit in John McLane's body  So you Can't Really Say He Gave Them With Good Will:Smile_sceptic:..............................................🤷‍♂️

Edited by shadowsrmine

Beta Testers
176 posts
13,134 battles

Hands down, in my world, it's the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol," with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. If Dickens could of made a film of his classic, this would have been how, I believe, he would of done it.

• Thanks 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,353 posts
16,964 battles

:cap_cool:Turns out they've remade Miracle on 34th Street four times and just like usual the first run was the best oneimage.png.d0ce85745b4d7b956433c2c6e968cba4.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,173 posts
4,766 battles
1 hour ago, LieutenantJebStewart said:

Hands down, in my world, it's the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol," with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. If Dickens could of made a film of his classic, this would have been how, I believe, he would of done it.

Absolutely!  The best Scrooge movie.  The scene with the two deathly children should chill your marrow.  But at the end, if you don't have some Christmas Spirit, then you're doomed.

And here I was going to say, 'Bad Santa'.

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
5 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Only problem is he neither gave either  "John Mclane a machinegun"  "ammo"  Willingly and especially the ammo which he wanted deposit in John McLane's body  So you Can't Really Say He Gave Them With Good Will:Smile_sceptic:..............................................🤷‍♂️

The ammo in question was the ammo Hans wanted to "deposit" in John McLane's body, and the only "good will" involved would have been the smiles on Hans and his buddies faces after said deposit.  Don't take it quite so seriously.  :cap_rambo:

Of course, John McLane gave Hans bungee jumping lessons.  He just forgot one thing.  The bungee cord.  Oops.

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,353 posts
16,964 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

The ammo in question was the ammo Hans wanted to "deposit" in John McLane's body, and the only "good will" involved would have been the smiles on Hans and his buddies faces after said deposit..  :cap_rambo:

:Smile_great::Smile_hiding:Not really what I'd call in the Christmas Spirit................................................However if that's what your intogiphy.gif

Edited by shadowsrmine

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
52 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great::Smile_hiding:Not really what I'd call in the Christmas Spirit................................................However if that's what your into

Different people have different perspectives on what constitutes a "Christmas movie".

[WOLFG]
Members
11,158 posts
10,394 battles
5 hours ago, LieutenantJebStewart said:

Been a number of good versions/adaptations of A Christmas Carol, but that one is the best.