Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spaardacus

Anti-Hydro & Invisible Torpedoes...

7 comments in this topic

[KSE]
Members
76 posts
13,103 battles

This can't be right?? I could of sworn I dodged those torps and then somehow got hit by one... I've seen desync but not this, I also wasnt lagging. I slowed the replay down just before I was hit. Throughout the match I also noticed this guy is only sending out 1 set of torps. This couldnt of been a "visual bug" right? The alarm sound would still be going if there was indeed another set of torps... so what is this?

Normal Speed 

20201212_000746_PGSD108-Z-23_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

Edited by Spaardacus

[KIA-C]
Supertester
1,825 posts
6,072 battles

Definitely desync did you see how your ship lunged forward right after the torpedo hit?

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
76 posts
13,103 battles
Just now, Skeem689 said:

Definitely desync did you see how your ship lunged forward right after the torpedo hit?

maybe I didnt explain it clear enough. It was the replay controls, I slowed the replay down just before I was hit. When I was hit I resumed to normal Speed. Feel free to download the replay thats attached. 

[KIA-C]
Supertester
1,825 posts
6,072 battles
1 minute ago, Spaardacus said:

maybe I didnt explain it clear enough. It was the replay controls, I slowed the replay down just before I was hit. When I was hit I resumed to normal Speed. Feel free to download the replay thats attached.  

Whoops my mistake didn't see noticed that you slowed it down. Quite late here.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,807 posts

The servers job is simple. Keep track of all humans in a three dimensional math problem in real time fast enough to serve all machines connected in game with a adequate latency, say 35 ms or less. Those computers running 120, 144 and up hertz will refresh faster and have visual information updated long before those running obsolete 60 or 30 hertz monitors and slower computers.

For example A hallway, I am a soldier come in with fast system against a slow human with slow system. You will see me after you have died and then spawned. Or you will only see me take three steps while I have taken 5. If you have a fast system equal to mine or faster you are already ahead of me mentally and I am already dead. Just dont know it until presented with the respawn option.

If the server starts to lag or bog down or suffer some trouble and become late in serving updated information to all humans in real time then some of those humans will end up waiting too long in one spot or last known position until updated with the new one which will be quite different situation if not already dead. When the server decides enough is quite enough, it will literally cascade fail or drop human clients until it reaches a situation with the remaining few players that it can serve with the resources, connection and so on. We did this with Novalogic one time during Beta Testing years ago. We hooked up 255 humans to a Novalogic game server, all beta testers and opened the war game at 4 frames a second with 255 divided by both teams in conquest. It was a absolute attempt at the time to have a record breaking war in online gaming with that many at the same time.

About 6 minutes in everyone of us froze in place where we were whatever we were doing in game. Only the server administrator or the Novalogic Admin in charge of the test TOLD US NOT TO DISCONNECT whatever happens. The Server dumped from 255 to 144 humans and proceeded the game after 15 minutes, Froze again after 3 more minutes and then failed. Someone told me and my group at the time that it burned. As in physically burned. So who knows. The connection that was used was among the very best availible in Casabalas CA at that time pure fiber on their end and fast connections on our end all over the Nation and beyond. So that was the one time I was part of a experiment attempt to see what is possible in truly massive online gaming in real time.

The connections I had then at home dont match what i have now. So I would be more than happy to participate in another 255 man test to see if we can run a game with that many humans in a server.

Sign in to follow this