You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TaxDollarsAtWork

Reporting deliberate TKers?

28 comments in this topic

Members
339 posts
3,696 battles

Had a game cut short by an extremely toxic player he fired multiple shots at me until I had been destroyed

Should I submit a ticket? Here is a SC and replay

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
11,993 posts
19,508 battles
1 hour ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

No. The automatic system takes care of it... IF he continues.. Its a ban from the game.

• Meh 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,316 battles

Just as others have said.  Waste of time to file the report.  Been said before on these forums by people who have reported TK'ers.  They get a response back saying it's handled by the auto system.  IMO, the auto system is fine for those who accidentally TK someone from time to time.  But don't think it is sufficient for those who do so with intent.  I've been noticing more of that lately.  Had games on consecutive days where a player was intentionally trying to TK me.  Even taunting me in chat about it.  Next day was two in a division together doing so.  And before you say "If they do that enough they'll get banished to Co-op", both of these were in Co-op.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,160 battles

While it is extremely annoying to have AFK players on your team, I would never intentionally damage one. They still spot, have secondaries, and have AA. I used one once as a decoy while falling back going dark and sailing back towards the AFK captain. The enemy all started to shoot at him giving away their position allowing our team to focus fire and kill them. 

AFK - Meme on Imgur

Since WG just uses their automated system to handle situations like the OP described I wouldn't send a ticket in, but that's me. But if the TKer was flaming in chat or something additional then I absolutely would. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,517 posts
10,682 battles

I report them anyhow...  It at least makes me feel better that I did.

As for reflected damage - that all depends on how much damage is done to the target before the damage is reflected.

[VOP]
Members
893 posts
3 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

While it is extremely annoying to have AFK players on your team, I would never intentionally damage one. They still spot, have secondaries, and have AA. I used one once as a decoy while falling back going dark and sailing back towards the AFK captain. The enemy all started to shoot at him giving away their position allowing our team to focus fire and kill them. 

AFK - Meme on Imgur

Since WG just uses their automated system to handle situations like the OP described I wouldn't send a ticket in, but that's me. But if the TKer was flaming in chat or something additional then I absolutely would. 

AFK also does not mean the player is AFK. A lot of people are being plagued with long game loads or crashes. It seems worse with the latest patch. You can tell if they never loaded, the guns remain pointing straight fore/aft.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,160 battles
21 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

AFK also does not mean the player is AFK. A lot of people are being plagued with long game loads or crashes. It seems worse with the latest patch. You can tell if they never loaded, the guns remain pointing straight fore/aft.

I just had one today in a Fuso. He sailed behind an island and stopped refusing to engage in the battle; at this point we were winning and he was top tier. Within five minutes we were behind on points and he refused to move. A few people talked about what you said with the disconnects but his positioning looked too convenient. As soon as the enemy Fuso approached him he swung his turrets around and started moving. We lost the match and I'm sensing from the comment section he received multiple AFK reports. 

[VOP]
Members
893 posts
1 hour ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I just had one today in a Fuso. He sailed behind an island and stopped refusing to engage in the battle; at this point we were winning and he was top tier. Within five minutes we were behind on points and he refused to move. A few people talked about what you said with the disconnects but his positioning looked too convenient. As soon as the enemy Fuso approached him he swung his turrets around and started moving. We lost the match and I'm sensing from the comment section he received multiple AFK reports. 

Yep, that sounds like a deliberate AFKer. Most of what I have seen just loaded late or never loaded at all. I had one happen to myself a few days ago. The game hung at the queue screen. It took me at least 5 minutes to get the game to end task and get back in. The hung program just would not stop.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,789 posts

If it is deliberate like 10 torps coming, I simply present broadside and let the auto ban take care of the tk'er. Hes done. I dont worry about it.

I have also learned to catch crappy angry ships getting in a low shot against my ship at the very last moment of a match, I hear the hit and see the pink before game goes to server awards screen. Then in detailed damage I see who did and how much inflicted. That one gets reported then blacklisted.

There are times that people damage me but not enough to trigger the auto system. Then taunt me about it. What I do is establish a collision scenario and turn them pink. And thats the end of that. Then black list them.

Once a year or so the entire black list system has to be purged. Just as well I would have forgotten about them long before then.

I really really hate this toxic [edited] in game. Its not acceptable. But it is what it is and has been for years.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

Members
996 posts
11,306 battles

The auto report system won’t catch it if you dodge the TK ordnance.  I had a very lousy carrier teammate drop torps on me towards the end of a battle.  I did successfully dodge all of his drops so took no team damage but I did submit a ticket with the replay.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,789 posts
6 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

The auto report system won’t catch it if you dodge the TK ordnance.  I had a very lousy carrier teammate drop torps on me towards the end of a battle.  I did successfully dodge all of his drops so took no team damage but I did submit a ticket with the replay.

Yes the replay capture system in Wows is awesome. I cannot remember if I ever reported with a copy of that replay to support for a really blatant tker. Thats probably because Support makes clear they do not pursue such claims. I simply present the ship to the enemy and let the auto ban go through it's process against the tker.

The problem with people who deliberately bully and tk others in gaming is that they are not smart enough that after say a ban, suspension or whatever they never learn. They just get angrier and more determined to really make a mess of everything. I have had video games online in say Battlefield that had special scripts capable of banning by not only account, but also by IP and subnet followed by the various unique machine numbers all computers possess online.

Edited by xHeavy

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,433 posts
12,375 battles

"ThE aUtOmAtEd pUnIshMeNt sYStEm wIlL tAkE cArE oF iT" - WG's failure of a customer support service

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles
17 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Had a game cut short by an extremely toxic player he fired multiple shots at me until I had been destroyed

Naw, WG likes TKers, they shorten the matches. I could name at least ten players who have deliberately TKed me and got no punishments. No point in bothering them. 

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
609 posts
3,903 battles
9 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Fail farming. It's happening quite a bit.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,160 battles
9 minutes ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Fail farming. It's happening quite a bit.

Insanity. Are people selling their accounts or something because I don't understand why they would do that? Are they dual boxing accounts?  I used to do that in another MMO due to low population but that makes no sense in a PVP game. 

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
609 posts
3,903 battles
2 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Insanity. Are people selling their accounts or something because I don't understand why they would do that? Are they dual boxing accounts?  I used to do that in another MMO due to low population but that makes no sense in a PVP game. 

It's generally for stat padding.

Members
913 posts
2,737 battles
18 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Dont bother.  Wg relies on the automatic system

This.  WG will just reply they don't investigate reports, the automatic system will handle it.  Unless you are a CC of course.....

[PUMA]
Members
151 posts
9,399 battles
20 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

No. The automatic system takes care of it... IF he continues.. Its a ban from the game.

I think the punishment should be more harsh, such as....if they get 5 bad karma from a battle from other uses, make them play but disable torps, and make the main and 2nd gun sigma changed to 0.5 for their next 50 random and 100 co-op games, with no time limits.

[STW-N]
Members
4,178 posts
10,064 battles

If it doesn't affect WG's bottom line, WG doesn't care and is content with its automated "customer support" system handing out canned answers like spam.

[PUMA]
Members
151 posts
9,399 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its a game, not North Korea..

In N Korea they execute people, not here. I say the "auto" punishment is not working.

Edited by TYPHOON0216

[SIM]
Members
5,589 posts
9,012 battles

There's essentially no penalty for TKing in this game. Had a real genius in a Venezia crying because I wouldn't sail out of island cover in my Neustrashimy (nevermind that there was a Worchester, Des Moines, and Petropavlosk 7km away on the other side of said island), so he took off half of my HP in three salvos then fed his ship to an enemy Iowa. So we're down a tier X cruiser, I'm down half my HP, and what? That guy gets pink named for a couple of games? That doesn't get me signals or time back. The jerk even had the stones to neg rep me. Once is an accident, twice is intent, three times should get you orange status.