Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Another Lovely Twin CV Match

4 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,165 posts
18,798 battles

My last post on how I love two CV matches garnered the comment that they are easy to kill at the end of the match.  So here's one relatively early in the match...still ten on ten.  Even better...the two CVs are T6 and I"m running a T5 BB.   No problem.  Bring it!

• Boring 5

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles

You just drove down the 9 line and they let you? ROFL.

Nice work. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,165 posts
18,798 battles
11 hours ago, Taichunger said:

You just drove down the 9 line and they let you? ROFL.

Nice work. 

Basically...yes.

Albeit, they did start with another CA and a BB on that flank.  The CA yolo'd in, got focused, and died. The BB bugged out from a deep position, leaving the CV and Monte CA to fend for themselves.  I was uncertain where their DD was located at beginning so was wary on the initial push, but soon got a mid cap spot.  After that, it was full speed ahead.  Their Monte did a good job kiting a superior force, including forcing me into a few WASDs which slowed me down early.  And he used his smoke well.  Did the best he could given the circumstances he found himself in.

[BINGO]
Members
133 posts
9,147 battles

Try taking out a Konig Albert for old times sake and you get a match with 2 t-4 CV's.  With such a short range on main guns it was most certainly not even close to fun.  Does WG even realize low tier play used to be fun?  Now low tier play has become the opposite of fun.  Of course not a good paradigm to insert new players into.  I am sure the loss of new players from this mad CV match mechanic makes many new players quit in frustration. 

This is grotesque predatory marketing that shows zero respect for the product and the current and prospective player base.  I came back for a month of solid play and the meta is disgustingly passive from the fear of planes in a ship game.  Even in matches where there are no CV's many skippers still play like there are CV's in the match.  Ha ha, the side with the best herd of cats wins.

Sign in to follow this