You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead77

What is this garabge?

94 comments in this topic

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,891 battles

Has been sunk but STILL gets to play the game!

Not like torps that are already launched but actually gets to attack and control his planes.

This is even dumber than CV's not detonating. 

Why doesnt WG just give CV players aimbot now? MIght as well, they gave them every other crutch in the game.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 13
  • Meh 11

[GOOF]
Members
773 posts
6,469 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

Has been sunk but STILL gets to play the  game!

Not like torps that are already launched but actually gets to attack and control his planes.

Why doesnt WG just give CV players aimbot now? MIght as well, they gave them every other crutch in the game.

WG loves their CVS I wouldn't expect much.

Also the CV mafia should be here soon to throw mathematical falsehoods at you.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 5

[PVE]
Members
7,243 posts
23,105 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

Has been sunk but STILL gets to play the game!

How are you just discovering this?

It's been that way since the rework.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,891 battles
13 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

How are you just discovering this?

It's been that way since the rework.

Oh I know, Im just so done with WG's CV bias.

Members
477 posts

Imagine a BB that can:

1. spot the entire map

2. Fire range that reaches across the whole map.

3. Shoot after it's sunk 

I'm sure no players would complain. :Smile_sceptic: That's the fun police that we have to suffer now. 

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,891 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So when the pilots ship sinks, he should just ditch into the sea?

So when youve been sunk in any other ship the game is over for you but if you play CV you get to keep playing AFTER you're sunk, this seems fair to you?

CV sinks, game over, the planes in the air just disappear. I dont get to keep spotting when my DD has sunk. I dont get to keep attacking in any other ship, the [edited] should a CV get to?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This is just another one of the continuing anti-CV threads. The OP well knows that planes can operate for a couple of minutes after the carrier has sunk because he has posted on this topic before. He also has seen people point out that torpedoes and shells don't blow up, floods get patched, fires extinguish, smoke clouds immediately dissipate, and fighters and spotters fall into the ocean when the surface ship that launched them is sunk either. And, of course, there's that little award called the Flesh Wound too that shows that the ability of ordinance to sink an enemy after your own ship was sunk was planned in the development of the game. Primarily, the anti-CV crowd just likes to rant.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Meh 7

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,536 battles
10 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Imagine a BB that can:

1. spot the entire map

2. Fire range that reaches across the whole map.

3. Shoot after it is sunk 

I'm sure no players would complain. :Smile_sceptic: That's the fun police that we have to suffer now. 

I don't CV.  Still:

1. They cannot spot the ENTIRE map.  They can spot one space at a time.  In the old RTS CV days, they could spot a lot more of the map at once.

2.  Attacks that reach across the whole map take a while.  They can certainly do it, however, while having their own ship undetected.

3.  Yep.  Ordinance launched by destroyers, cruisers, and battleships also continue on their way once sunk.

I don't have an issue with a single CV on each team.  It gets ridiculous when that is multiplied by 2.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,891 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This is just another one of the continuing anti-CV threads. The OP well knows that planes can operate for a couple of minutes after the carrier has sunk because he has posted on this topic before. He also has seen people point out that torpedoes and shells don't blow up, floods get patched, fires extinguish, smoke clouds immediately dissipate, and fighters and spotters fall into the ocean when the surface ship that launched them is sunk either. And, of course, there's that little award called the Flesh Wound too that shows that the ability of ordinance to sink an enemy after your own ship was sunk was planned in the development of the game. Primarily, the anti-CV crowd just likes to rant.

And not one of those things is UNDER CONTROL OF THE PLAYER! Are you even serious with that stupid comment? My whole point is the CV player gets to KEEP PLAYING THE GAME after hes been sunk. 

• Cool 5
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 6

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
3 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

the CV player gets to KEEP PLAYING THE GAME after hes been sunk. 

For about three minutes.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
7,243 posts
23,105 battles
28 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

But your title suggests it's a new discovery for you...if you already knew...why the drama?

Just say..."I just want to repeat that I don't like this" as opposed to trying to act like a new player that has just discovered it.

• Cool 2

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
785 posts
4,952 battles
25 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

They shouldn't be able to fly around like nothing happened for 3 minutes. Before the rework, planes could only act out their last order and nothing else. 

3 minutes is far too long. 45 seconds max. That way, they can attack whatever sank them but not be able spot for so long after death (15% of a match!). 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
785 posts
4,952 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You can't manually control any of those. That's the difference. And you can't spot at all either. No, the dinky little fighter planes don't count because they only patrol a small area. They can't cross the map post mortem like a CV can. 

Come back when we can guide torpedoes to the target after sinking. Then and only then will your comparison make sense. I doubt even subs will be able to actively control where their torpedoes go after sinking. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,134 posts
4,766 battles
34 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

You're just grasping at straws.  This is how it works.  Sorry you don't like it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,891 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

For about three minutes.

3 minutes longer than anyone else. Long enough to spot or kill something. Nice reasoning skills tho. "hurr durr its fine coz only 3 minutes"

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,891 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

You're just grasping at straws.  This is how it works.  Sorry you don't like it.

No straws about it, its unfair, its a fact, sorry you cant deal with that.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,419 posts
12,305 battles

if we're going to use the OPs logic, then torps that DDs fired before they died should disappear once the DD is destroyed, same with any shells fired from any gunship, i dont care for CVs myself, but im just pointing out that other ships are still able to do damage after theyve been sunk if they fired before the finishing blow to them with shells or torps

[SALVO]
Members
2,662 posts
6,777 battles

Of all the things that are wrong with CVs  the  last flights ability to do damage is not a hill I would argue about.  The spotting may somewhat of a thing to argue about but then again  it’s consistent with the rest of the game . 

[PVE]
Members
7,243 posts
23,105 battles

Despite the absurdity of this thread...planes should lose the ability to spot for the team after their ship is sunk. Outline on mini map at best.

Members
171 posts
5,749 battles

WAIT WAIT WAIT, HOLD ON A MOMENT... are you seriously telling me that different classes have different mechanics and play differently? Color me shocked, I would never have guessed that.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

[REVY]
Members
2,560 posts
13,794 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

For about three minutes.

or he expends all the munitions on board.

[TBW]
Members
10,730 posts
18,435 battles
59 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

So when youve been sunk in any other ship the game is over for you but if you play CV you get to keep playing AFTER you're sunk, this seems fair to you?

CV sinks, game over, the planes in the air just disappear. I dont get to keep spotting when my DD has sunk. I dont get to keep attacking in any other ship, the [edited] should a CV get to?

Seems to me that you are describing a good CV player. If they can shoot their ordinance and then stay alive long enough to spot for 3 minutes, yeah seems fair to me. The CV player controls the squadron with limited control over his ship, which is more like a base and if your base is gone why wouldn't you drop on an enemy and spot until your fuel ran out if you had no place to land. I play Co op and I neither like nor dislike CVs, so this is an unbiased opinion. I do own all of the premiums but haven't played since the rework yet and not a lot before that.