You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.12, balance changes and changes to test ships, removal of Somers.

63 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,393 posts
16,275 battles

Bit too late for my Kansas (she's ground through now), but timely for the Minnesota. Any penetration increase for both will be VERY welcome. 

I'm guessing they came to the conclusion that the two-torp buff they gave the Hosho was a big mistake; wonder if they'll do the same to the Langley eventually.

Tallinn buff is gonna get called Soviet Balans... but seeing as I only just got her in my port, I'll reach out and take that buff with both hands, thank you very much!

Audacious rocket count going down - BOO. Audacious bomb damage and fire chance going up - YAY.

Interesting to hear about Somers going. I wonder if she will return for coal at some stage... although when Flint, Neustrashimy and Black were pulled, the change of currency upon their return was explicitly specified. The statement that Austin will replace her might be taken to imply that Austin is going to be for steel, but we shall see.

Fen Yang just ain't gonna be an Akizuki no more.

Armour piercing value on low tier Italian BB's dropped by TWENTY PERCENT? Either Lesta are on the bong-pipe or someone set the values WAY too high to start with and is now dialling them back appropriately; hopefully the latter!

• Meh 1

[PDCB]
Members
501 posts
9,011 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

but what was the reason for the removal?

Dashboards told them to do it.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles

Ugh...more removals of content from a company that likes to complain about not having enough content.

Seriously, relying on FOMO sales is just another negative aspect of the game that I have to pass on to prospective new captains.

Now, on to the good stuff...

Hosho nerfs! Excellent. Here is hoping you will start more seriously looking after tiers outside of 8-10. Keep looking at these please.

Ritchthofen nerfs...that we called for. Got all the sales bump you wanted from the new line, eh?

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,889 posts
26,969 battles
1 minute ago, celticboy27 said:

Rookie question here... *dont hate me*

When do these changes go into effect?

In the post title it is stated for update 0.9.12 (that is the next update). That will tell you when to expect it in general. However, it is always good to read the entire article as they many times contain info that may or may not apply to the actual update the article is about or it might just be testing changes. In this article we have...

• Testing changes for the WIP Italian BB line and for the Premium DD Fen Yang. These changes might or might not stick. Just letting us know they are changing something for testing purposes on ships that haven't been released yet and are under development.
  • Actual changes to current ships in game that will take place in update 0.9.12 (ie; Kansas and Minnesota pen buffs, Tallinn AP buff, Hipper reload buff, Hosho nerf, Langley nerf, Manfred Von Richthofen nerf & fixed boost consumable glitch, Implacable buff, Audacious nerf & buff).
  • Announcement that the T10 Premium US DD Somers (Steel ship) will be removed from the Armory in update 0.10.2 ( like March +/-). IT sounds like it may return at a later date as they do not say for good but rather for an undefined period of time.

So this article contains WIP/testing info that will be applied in the next update (which we may or may not ever see as players on the actual ships once we get them), actual changes that will happen to ships already in the game when the next update drops later this month, and then news that a Steel ship is being removed from the Armory in a future update (0.10.2 around March or so).

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
7,296 posts
23,183 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

In the post title it is stated for update 0.9.12 (that is the next update). That will tell you when to expect it in general. However, it is always good to read the entire article as they many times contain info that may or may not apply to the actual update the article is about or it might just be testing changes. In this article we have...

• Testing changes for the WIP Italian BB line and for the Premium DD Fen Yang. These changes might or might not stick. Just letting us know they are changing something for testing purposes on ships that haven't been released yet and are under development.
  • Actual changes to current ships in game that will take place in update 0.9.12 (ie; Kansas and Minnesota pen buffs, Tallinn AP buff, Hipper reload buff, Hosho nerf, Langley nerf, Manfred Von Richthofen nerf & fixed boost consumable glitch, Implacable buff, Audacious nerf & buff).
  • Announcement that the T10 Premium US DD Somers (Steel ship) will be removed from the Armory in update 0.10.2 ( like March +/-). IT sounds like it may return at a later date as they do not say for good but rather for an undefined period of time.

So this article contains WIP/testing info that will be applied in the next update (which we may or may not ever see as players on the actual ships once we get them), actual changes that will happen to ships already in the game when the next update drops later this month, and then news that a Steel ship is being removed from the Armory in a future update (0.10.2 around March or so).

Hope this helps. 

Thanx for ninjaing me...I was only 2 lines in...saved me a bunch of typing :-)

[-HEL-]
Members
197 posts
6,750 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Armour piercing value on low tier Italian BB's dropped by TWENTY PERCENT? Either Lesta are on the bong-pipe or someone set the values WAY too high to start with and is now dialling them back appropriately; hopefully the latter!

It may not be a big deal for the Dante Alighieri due to armor values of the lower tier ships including BBs, but that could present problems for Cavour with all the T7 matches it could see.

Also, since they're increasing penentration values for Kansas and Minnesota, how about giving some love to the venerable Hood and increase her pen values, eh?  The "buff" she received didn't help her with citadeling BBs as her penetration always sucked and she can now overpen the crap out of broadside cruisers instead of reliably deleting them.  The CV/AA rework nullified her other cute little AA gimmick, and the DFAA is pointless.  If her pen won't be increased, at least give her back the short fusing for her shells.

[KWF]
Members
5,242 posts
6,659 battles

Hm, the removal of Somers means there will be no DDs up for Steel; my guess is Vampire II will take her spot in due time. 

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,129 posts
15,596 battles

My .02

KS / MN buffs: Always good... doesn't really fix what's truly wrong with them though.

Tallinn / Hipper buffs: Meh ships get slightly less meh.

MvR nerf: Not having 21k guaranteed damage every time is healthy for the game.

Somers removal: Guessing she'll be rereleased for like 400k coal or something. Kinda miffed that Austin is coming in as yet another steel ship so soon after Plymouth and FDR.

Edited by lloyd1701

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

X MANFRED VON RICHTHOFEN:

Increased the area of dive bombers' aiming ellipse; now they will be as bad as Hak's DBs

Fixed that for you wargaming, we all know what this means. The BB will still be easy to hurt, you just don't want us MvR drivers to hurt cruisers anymore. 

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[TFFOX]
Members
972 posts
2,157 battles

somers is just getting pulled to make it so that people won't use steel to buy thunderer

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles
57 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Hm, the removal of Somers means there will be no DDs up for Steel; my guess is Vampire II will take her spot in due time. 

Or that Russian T10 DD they have mentioned. 

I hope Vampire 2 is Smaland's replacement for free XP.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

Make things fair, WG. Apply the same Fen Yang ammo mechanics to the IJN DD that use those 100mm guns!

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,242 posts
6,659 battles
5 minutes ago, Khafni said:

R-10 could be a potential ship too, though WG has been quite for a while on the subject. Besides, I can't decide if the ship was considered to be introduced as a premium or serve as a replacement for Khaba.

Personally I think 2 mil FXP is too much for any ship, so not sure whether putting Vampire 2 up for FXP would be the most popular move. Keep in mind there's still Hayate if anyone wants a FXP ship.

Edited by warheart1992

[BGA]
Members
67 posts
17,159 battles

@Hapa_Fodder I'm pretty sure this is the first time a steel ship was removed without it being stated it would come back for coal.  Steel is the hardest resource to get.  It is appreciated that advance notice is given but for a steel ship removal can more notice than normal be given since it is harder to get that resource?

I just blew all my steel on Shikishima and don't know that I can get enough again that fast.  Ranked is even delayed so no way to work on it currently.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,365 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

someone set the values WAY too high to start with and is now dialling them back appropriately; hopefully the latter!

could be possible, they DO have high muzzle velocity after all and i think, correct me if im wrong, that muzzle velocity is taken into account with pen

[ARGSY]
Members
22,393 posts
16,275 battles
31 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I'd rather she went for coal (like Marceau). Any way you slice it, I hope they announce her currency before Alaska and Smaland disappear. I'm not sure I've got it in me to grind out what's required to get me to two million before Smaland goes, but I'm not that absolutely sure I want her badly enough. If Vampire is for coal or steel, I'll grab Alaska on the last day if I haven't got enough for Smaland. If she's for research bureau, and thus indirectly for FXP, I will have difficult decisions to make.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
2 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Poor Fen Yang is getting the Yueyang treatment.

So true.  First they gut the HE pen, then nerf the reload twice.  This thing has one set of DW torps that only hit BB and CVs-plus a longer reload on the torps, shorter  smokes, worse concealment, and less HP than the Akizuki.  This ship could have been interesting but now its clearly a turd. 

[WHEE]
Members
114 posts
3,216 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Hope this helps. 

5A09FE76-7799-4B3C-AC3D-F8926ECDD94B.jpeg

Edited by celticboy27