Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Christmas Snowflakes

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,657
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Out of curiosity, when does the Christmas Snowflake event begin?

I haven't had much time to keep up with the news as of late, so I may have missed the memo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,161
[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
7 minutes ago, nub2016 said:

I am a new nub. What is this Snowflake event?

It's an event around Christmas over the last few years where you earn free stuff for the first win of the patch on all tier 5 and above ships.  You can earn one reward for each ship, you can get coal or steel depending on the tier of the ship, and each tier 10 ship will get you a santa's crate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[META_]
Members
170 posts
2,663 battles
8 minutes ago, nub2016 said:

I am a new nub. What is this Snowflake event?

Ships that you have in port (or obtain during the event) will grant one-time rewards for your first win (or a certain amount of earned base xp) based on their tier.  Tier 5 ships will give you 400 coal, Tier 6 will give 500 coal, Tier 7 will give 750 coal, Tier 8/9 will give 75 steel, and Tier 10 ships will grant you a Santa's Gift container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,340
[O_O]
Members
6,905 posts
16,548 battles

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,062 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

Absolutely! About 95% of my coop numbers are from past snowflake events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[DOG]
Members
1,217 posts
12,626 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

True.  Although it might be slightly less this year, since they are also allowing an optional method that involves accumulating XP on a given ship over multiple games.  So you don't have to get a win.  Just rack up XP.

Edited by zubalkabir
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,280 posts
26,944 battles
24 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

Much quicker this way instead of those long drawn out random battles that you mostly lose in blow-out loess's anyway......................  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[META_]
Members
170 posts
2,663 battles
27 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

True.  Although it might be slightly less this year, since they are also allowing an optional method that involves accumulating XP on a given ship over multiple games.  So you don't have to get a win.  Just rack up XP.

It's not much xp either - I think just 350 base xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,091
[ARGSY]
Members
22,246 posts
16,226 battles
37 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

Not necessarily, because the way in which you get them has been changed - it's EITHER a win OR 300+ base XP with any result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,340
[O_O]
Members
6,905 posts
16,548 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not necessarily, because the way in which you get them has been changed - it's EITHER a win OR 300+ base XP with any result.

True.  But Random games frequently take 10-20 minutes, and Co-op games are closer to 5 minutes.  If you have hundreds of ships to play, the choice is pretty clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,091
[ARGSY]
Members
22,246 posts
16,226 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

If you have hundreds of ships to play, the choice is pretty clear.

Oh for sure, but not everybody does, and some of those who don't might prefer to stay in PvP.

Amid all the sound and fury about reworks and crates and carriers and such, this is one thing I can unequivocally say WG has done right this year. NOBODY loses from this decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

True.  But Random games frequently take 10-20 minutes, and Co-op games are closer to 5 minutes.  If you have hundreds of ships to play, the choice is pretty clear.

That's why I only play my T8+ ships. The problem with the new system is, 300 base XP can be a pain in co op. If the bots all turn the wrong way, you have a unlucky spawn or lot's of DD that will yolo in and get their torps off, you may need multiple tries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,422
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

Usually but WG changed the requirement to knock of flakes. I for one will not be using Coop this year and normally I would. Instead of needing a win you only need 300 base xp. So for me even though coop would still be faster (I have a massive fleet) I will very likely do this year in Randoms as I will be working on all of the other events at the same time and usually Randoms is better plus I will not have to take the credit or xp hits by using coop. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,422
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
1 hour ago, zubalkabir said:

True.  Although it might be slightly less this year, since they are also allowing an optional method that involves accumulating XP on a given ship over multiple games.  So you don't have to get a win.  Just rack up XP.

It is only 300 xp so win or lose it is only going to take you one battle.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[WOLF4]
Members
266 posts
9,640 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

True.  But Random games frequently take 10-20 minutes, and Co-op games are closer to 5 minutes.  If you have hundreds of ships to play, the choice is pretty clear.

I mean, the steamroll randoms I participate in anymore could be shaved down almost to 5 minutes. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by ZaCLoNe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,521
[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

It's an event around Christmas over the last few years where you earn free stuff for the first win of the patch on all tier 5 and above ships.  You can earn one reward for each ship, you can get coal or steel depending on the tier of the ship, and each tier 10 ship will get you a santa's crate.  Makarov.

:Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[DOG]
Members
1,217 posts
12,626 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Usually but WG changed the requirement to knock of flakes. I for one will not be using Coop this year and normally I would. Instead of needing a win you only need 300 base xp. So for me even though coop would still be faster (I have a massive fleet) I will very likely do this year in Randoms as I will be working on all of the other events at the same time and usually Randoms is better plus I will not have to take the credit or xp hits by using coop. 

I'll be doing randoms for ships I actually like to play.  Once I work my way through all of them, I'll switch to co-op.  I'm enough of a geek that I've actually made a spreadsheet of all the tier VIII and IX ships I sold, so I can buy them back and play one co-op game with a 0 point commander and no upgrades or modules, then sell them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
1,405 posts
10,851 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

...and this will result in a massive flood of population in Co-op mode as players try to get quick wins to earn their snowflake rewards.

I'll be there. 

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

True.  But Random games frequently take 10-20 minutes, and Co-op games are closer to 5 minutes.  If you have hundreds of ships to play, the choice is pretty clear.

Some of those randoms are in the 8 minute range.  The winnings from them are bad even for the victors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,068
[PVE]
Members
7,269 posts
23,114 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

That's why I only play my T8+ ships. The problem with the new system is, 300 base XP can be a pain in co op. If the bots all turn the wrong way, you have a unlucky spawn or lot's of DD that will yolo in and get their torps off, you may need multiple tries.

Good news...you don't need to make 300 BXP in a win...just winning the co-op (or random) battle will still knock off the flake.

The 300 BXP requirement is an optional way of knocking the flake off in a loss.

Hope that helps brighten your snowflake outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,079
[WOLFG]
Members
31,281 posts
9,617 battles
2 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Much quicker this way instead of those long drawn out random battles that you mostly lose in blow-out loess's anyway......................  

That may not matter much, depending on how many ships you have, and how often you would normally play.

I think I did about 90 ships in Co-op in less than a week.

But with the length of the event, I could have just played the ships normally, and made more credits. (and XP where useful)

I may do a combination, playing lower-tier "keeper" ships in Co-op, but stick to Randoms for higher tier ships or those being ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,068
[PVE]
Members
7,269 posts
23,114 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh for sure, but not everybody does, and some of those who don't might prefer to stay in PvP.

Amid all the sound and fury about reworks and crates and carriers and such, this is one thing I can unequivocally say WG has done right this year. NOBODY loses from this decision.

Although in typical WG form they made sure to announce it in such a way as to leave doubt & misunderstanding...resulting in the unnecessary sound & fury had they just clearly announced it in the 1st place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×