You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

YOU get a Makarov! And YOU get a Makarov, and...

24 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,528 battles

...I get a Makarov!

Hhaf2um.jpg

Santa Big container.  BUT, it was the free one from the Twitch mission that dropped today, so I'm certainly not complaining!

It's just such a meme at this point, I couldn't help but to chuckle when I saw it. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[POP]
Members
2,980 posts
24,041 battles
18 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...I get a Makarov!

Hhaf2um.jpg

Santa Big container.  BUT, it was the free one from the Twitch mission that dropped today, so I'm certainly not complaining!

It's just such a meme at this point, I couldn't help but to chuckle when I saw it. :Smile_teethhappy:

Crowd Goes Wild Sport Vs Santa Cruz GIF - CrowdGoesWild SportVsSantaCruz  Cheering - Discover & Share GIFs

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Members
13,814 posts
23 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I look forward to the obligatory exploding makarov memes.  :cap_haloween:

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,163 posts
22,715 battles

My Santa's Big Gift from the Twitch missions dropped "Californication". I already had Makarov, luckily (???), from a forum competition.

Edit: Actually, the gift became a SC (which means I probably got Makarov, again). California is the only "short list" ship I didn't have. I assume, now, any other ships will be from the "tall list"?

Edited by Khafni

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,189 battles
59 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...I get a Makarov!

Given how infrequently they sell the Makarov, this was a pretty good way for people to get her in port and lock out that possibility from any sort of container forever!

34 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Edit: Actually, the gift became a SC (which means I probably got Makarov, again). 

Back when they gave doubloons out for duplicate ships, they would actually SHOW you which ship the container had drawn duplicates on. Seeing that happen here would be enlightening to say the least. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
19 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Maybe WeeGee is setting us players up for a 'King of the Makarov' contest.

That could be fun, in a weird, masochistic kind of way.

[SYN]
Members
1,403 posts
10,851 battles
44 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Now if WG would just give me a 9X18mm Makarov instead, though that is not much better when I think about it. 

The Soviet PPK

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,528 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Back when they gave doubloons out for duplicate ships, they would actually SHOW you which ship the container had drawn duplicates on. Seeing that happen here would be enlightening to say the least. 

I think they still do.  iChase did a video where he bought 3,000 Big Santa containers, 1,000 at a time.  Since the contents are determined upon purchase rather than upon opening, he got A LOT of duplicates, and replenished a lot of doubloons that he spent on the containers (press account, so not his $$ doubloons).

Edited by desmo_2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,189 battles
19 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

he got A LOT of duplicates,

You only get duplicate dubs these days if you got the container with the ship in it first but did nothing with it, THEN get the ship by some other means (including another container, I guess), then finally open the first box with that ship in it. Otherwise it gives you a different ship, or if there are no more ships to give, it chooses a non-ship prize.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,528 battles
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You only get duplicate dubs these days if you got the container with the ship in it first but did nothing with it, THEN get the ship by some other means (including another container, I guess), then finally open the first box with that ship in it. Otherwise it gives you a different ship, or if there are no more ships to give, it chooses a non-ship prize.

Right.  Since he bought the containers 1,000 at a time, he set himself for that scenario.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,803 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

I assume, now, any other ships will be from the "tall list"?

Starting with the lowest tier.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,163 posts
22,715 battles

@Soshi_Sone, the three lowest tiered ships I am missing, that are on the "tall list", are Fujin, Kamikaze, then Poltava. All T8 after those. I could be happy with the Kamikaze R sisters if I got them.

Edited by Khafni

[META_]
Members
169 posts
2,646 battles
16 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Starting with the lowest tier.

Not true.  Lower tier ships likely have a slightly higher drop rate, but the first non-shortlist ship I got was Duke of York (T7).  The second was Hood (T7), third was Roma (T8).  I was missing about half of the T5s and most of the T6s.  I also did not have all of the shortlist ships yet.  Of the ships I've received, excluding shortlist ships, T6 are the most common, followed by a tie between T7 and T8.  T5s have been the least common for me.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,803 battles
1 hour ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

Not true.  Lower tier ships likely have a slightly higher drop rate, but the first non-shortlist ship I got was Duke of York (T7).  The second was Hood (T7), third was Roma (T8).  I was missing about half of the T5s and most of the T6s.  I also did not have all of the shortlist ships yet.  Of the ships I've received, excluding shortlist ships, T6 are the most common, followed by a tie between T7 and T8.  T5s have been the least common for me.

Starting with the lowest tier ships (with exceptions of the OP ones)  LOL.

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

I still think we should get a Makarov only mode on the ocean map. Nothing but Makarovs exploding in fireballs. Should be fairly short matches.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,803 battles
54 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

I still think we should get a Makarov only mode on the ocean map. Nothing but Makarovs exploding in fireballs. Should be fairly short matches.

Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony,
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it Makarovie

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
215 posts
10,474 battles

Haven't got a Makorov yet...but got about 5 decent ones starting with E Loewenhardt.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,275 posts
5,775 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Starting with the lowest tier ships (with exceptions of the OP ones)  LOL.

Nah, once you are getting one from a super container it is just a weighted list.  Your odds are higher for a Tier V non-rare ship, but you could draw a Missouri or Musashi out of any one of the super containers, just not very likely.