You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Regarding santa's refunds.

32 comments in this topic

[KILL]
Members
1,012 posts
11,536 battles

That a lot of the santa crate complaint posts are now getting locked with a post that says something along the lines of...   Santa crates have worked like this since 2016.   We are sorry for the trouble and underhandedness of our business practices, so we are going to give refunds for your santa crates if you bought them.

So this means we can get refunds for our santa crates all the way back to 2016 right?   Or is it only to 2018 when WeeGee removed the little snipet alerting you to the fact that they were selling under false pretenses.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 4

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

Sir, that dead horse clearly did nothing to you. There's no reason to keep beating it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
4,488 battles
1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

So this means we can get refunds for our santa crates all the way back to 2016 right?   Or is it only to 2018 when WeeGee removed the little snipet alerting you to the fact that they were selling under false pretenses.

I'm assuming that the refunds only apply for this event, but the best way to find out is to contact Customer Support. If possible, they may have to do a rollback which could mean the loss of 2-4 years of progress.

• Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
2,560 posts
13,777 battles
4 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

That a lot of the santa crate complaint posts are now getting locked with a post that says something along the lines of...   Santa crates have worked like this since 2016.   We are sorry for the trouble and underhandedness of our business practices, so we are going to give refunds for your santa crates if you bought them.

If someone wants to lose 2-4 years of progress in the game more power to them. Just don't complain here in the forum about the fact you have to start regrinding a line you completed or lost access to a RB ship you had gotten.

At this point I am ignoring multiple Crate complaint and CV complaint posts to find actual forum content.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,824 battles

This is not a free speech zone.

WG is not going to change because you complained here.

If WG wants to try to censor you here...take your complaints to where WG doesnt own the platform.

If you really want to be effective...tell people who are thinking about starting to play the game...

...if you really want change, lobby your political representative for punishments for the crap WG pulls.

If WG doesnt like that, too bad. They had there chance to listen to the community...but they were too arrogant and greedy.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,208 posts
16,676 battles
4 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

But they advertised them correctly in 2016 and 2017

[HINON]
Members
13,814 posts
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Sir, that dead horse clearly did nothing to you. There's no reason to keep beating it.

89d.gif

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,511 posts
18,105 battles

As I have stated in the innumerable other threads on this very same topic I am not happy with the short list mechanic employed in the 2020 crates, and have refused to purchase any because of it. This is the first year I have not purchased any Santa crates even though I still believe there is value in them. So I am not a WG defender or anything. But, how do you expect a company to refund items from four years ago? Do you still have the flags and camouflages from the 2016 crates? Have you played any games in the ships you've won since then? Are you seriously looking for a four year rollback of your account? 

I've gotten some really great ships, and some terrible ones, out of crates in years past. It always felt like there was an element of chance when opening them; this year not so much judging by the posts and videos I've watched. I get that people are upset. So contact customer service and request your refund if you feel cheated from this year's crates. But a refund from four years ago, sorry that doesn't make sense and that request will be ignored.

General Kenobi I am sorry to inform you we have a no refund policy |  /r/PrequelMemes | Prequel Memes | Know Your Meme

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
5 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

If there's notification, then it's not really false pretenses, is it?

Other than for those that prefer to construct their own narrative of how they were taken advantage of, through 100% no fault of their own.

But sure, if the notification wasn't given, then by all means issue a refund.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
4 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

Shhhh, your Fanboy is showing!

So if you call somebody out for being ridiculous and obtuse, now you're a fanboy?

Stop the steal!! Lol.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts

So let me clear my mind on this subject. 

I followed all the threads, understood a sort of apology was issued along with the opportunity to get refunds if you acted within seven days. So far so good, right? 

However, nothing was changed. The gifts are still there, can still be purchased and... this is the kicker... the vast majority of players may not even have known any of this took place. Those poor souls are still dropping RL coins in an attempt to win big when, unless they have nearly every ship in port, they don't stand a chance. 

So far, still so good? 

Why then do I feel or seemed to have believed that with the issue of the "apology/refund" deal,  the sales of Santa Gifts was going to stop? 

tiafyc

[WHS]
Members
197 posts
3,795 battles

It sounds like people looking for the "refund" are outright locked out of their account.

Makes sense to alienate more players from an already dying game.

• Boring 2

[REVY]
Members
2,560 posts
13,777 battles
1 hour ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

It sounds like people looking for the "refund" are outright locked out of their account.

In order for the ‘refund’ to go through, the account needs to be rolled back to where it was when the purchase was done. That isn’t going to be an ‘instant’ fix. It requires a service rep to go back and verify what was in the account prior to crate purchase and manually correct it. That takes time and until it’s corrected, yes, they will be locked out of the account.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I followed all the threads, understood a sort of apology was issued along with the opportunity to get refunds if you acted within seven days. So far so good, right? 

However, nothing was changed. The gifts are still there, can still be purchased and... this is the kicker... the vast majority of players may not even have known any of this took place. Those poor souls are still dropping RL coins in an attempt to win big when, unless they have nearly every ship in port, they don't stand a chance. 

So far, still so good? 

Why then do I feel or seemed to have believed that with the issue of the "apology/refund" deal,  the sales of Santa Gifts was going to stop? 

tiafyc

I wonder if they changed something.

I was checking out the Prime Gaming offer, where you get the mission for one of each crate.

Mousing over the crates to see what ships were available, I saw none of the "short list" ships.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts

You would think if they had changed anything, they would have announced it. Oh well... back to Subnautica for a few more days. 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You would think if they had changed anything, they would have announced it. Oh well... back to Subnautica for a few more days. 

Never mind, I saw that list on the Prime site, not WG. Probably a mix-up of sorts.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
751 posts
13,975 battles
41 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Exactly. Anyone hitting the newsfeed, premium shop, or anywhere else the sale is posted. There is still nothing there that has changed. Certainly nothing about refunds. 

[X-M-S]
Members
126 posts
3,069 battles
9 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So far, still so good? 

tiafyc

My guess:  A fair number of players were obviously upset, have their refunds in process and are no longer concerned about whether the crates are for sale since they won't be buying any more and are getting their money back. Some might be getting a refund due to buyers' remorse, so they probably aren't concerned that they are still for sale.  Some are blissfully ignorant of the whole thing and may or may not be satisfied with their results but knew it was loot boxes so no guarantees.  Some knew that there has always been a shortlist so they aren't upset.  And some still view the loot boxes as a good value.

There are many players talking about what they got from their Santa crates here on the forums.  They haven't stopped buying them.  I get the impression that those who are upset here on the forums are a minority, although certainly a significant number.

TLDR: It's probably a very small minority who are both upset about the short list AND want to see WG stop selling them entirely.  I'll bet the furor if they stopped selling them entirely would be worse than what we saw over the shortlist.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts
18 minutes ago, Bomont said:

TLDR: It's probably a very small minority who are both upset about the short list AND want to see WG stop selling them entirely.  I'll bet the furor if they stopped selling them entirely would be worse than what we saw over the shortlist.

I would agree... and it is why the sales methods employed here continue to work. Probably says something about humanity these days, eh? 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,824 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

:cap_haloween:

0.9.9 and the unannounced CV changes...

The whole idea that WG will always document changes is a known false expectation.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

:cap_haloween:

0.9.9 and the unannounced CV changes...

The whole idea that WG will always document changes is a known false expectation.

It seems to indicate, to me at least, things won't change, no matter how much or how badly the game players might want them to change. 

Now I'm base building in No Man's Sky. A prime example of making some money on game software. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,722 posts
5,375 battles

Don't bother with the refunds, it will take a time to lock your account then roll everything back to before you bought them. All the progress you made from 12/4 to today poof.

Its not worth it. Moneys gone. Thats that. I did get a few things so its not a total problem. I think next years santa event will be very less dollars spent. So we'll see.

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
13,218 battles
18 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

89d.gif

This Post is in Extremely Poor taste. It depicts an officer of the Law. A motorcycle cop. Inhumanely beating an innocent animal.  It rekindles the image of the violence charged against law enforcement officers  in the United States during the Civil Unrest of this past Summer.  It is not appropriate in any manner.  There is no link to disapprove privately, please remove this nonsense. 

Edited by Do_Doch_Nicht
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1