Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grapefruitcannon

My santa crate haul so far.

47 comments in this topic

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
689 posts
24,826 battles

Here is what i got from the santa crates so far. And i will only post the significant drops since i never really track all of the openings.

Batch 1- 8 big crates. Ship drop 1 t6 German cv Erich Loewenhardt.

Batch 2 - 20 small crates 1.2k in dubs mostly economy flags. 

Batch 3- 8 big crates. Ship drops 2  t8 German DD t-35 and t8 British heavy cruiser Cheshire 2k dubs. Really valuable batch since this is $92 worth of stuff for $22.

Batch 4 - 8 big crates. 1k dubs. 

Next purchase will 20 big crates in 2 weeks. Ill update this with the results.

Edit.. purchased big 20 crates got the siliwangi and champagne 4x7500 coal 1k dubs rest where camos and signals.

Edit...for those asking i had over 330 ships before purchasing this years crates. So i have all of of the short list ships.

Edited by Grapefruitcannon
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles

Glad to hear you had some success. After pulling Orkan and Makarov from big crates (glorious short list) I have pulled 46 straight big crates of flags, camos, coal and doubloons, no other ships.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

Alpha Tester
543 posts
11,078 battles
2 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Glad to hear you had some success. After pulling Orkan and Makarov from big crates (glorious short list) I have pulled 46 straight big crates of flags, camos, coal and doubloons, no other ships.

Sounds like my experience

• Thanks 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,513 posts
18,105 battles

I'd be interested in reading about how much money you folks are spending versus the value of the contents received in the crates. We know how much an individual ship costs, doubloon value, premium time etc so it would give people like me some idea of what to expect. Besides Makarov's of course. I also wonder if WG is going to tweak the algorithm this year to start giving out different ships or more content in the crates. 

As always good luck to those of you still buying crates. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PHD]
Members
1,740 posts
7,125 battles

Since getting a ship I want will be nigh impossible I was going to forgo crates this year.  Just the chance of a Makarov discourages me over the chance for coal.. But the small crates my be the way to go signals are good.

• Thanks 1

[-BSK-]
Members
39 posts
7,058 battles
2 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

With that many crates with flags and camo  you should be good on that for a while, but 46 crates with out a drop of a ship just further goes to show how bad these crates really are. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles
10 minutes ago, Gummby_ said:

With that many crates with flags and camo  you should be good on that for a while, but 46 crates with out a drop of a ship just further goes to show how bad these crates really are. 

Yeah. I’m just purchasing 20 crates a week. Big crates not the mega since I have all the shortlist ships in big crates. I’m happy with flags, but I would’ve liked less camos.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,245 posts
16,204 battles
6 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

Here is what i got from the santa crates so far.

Question: Did you have any of the shortlist ships before you started? Because if you didn't, pulling the Loewenhardt first disproves the shortlist hypothesis.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,538 posts
24,614 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Question: Did you have any of the shortlist ships before you started? Because if you didn't, pulling the Loewenhardt first disproves the shortlist hypothesis.

I was going to ask this myself but got to thinking that it is entirely possible Wargaming changed things up a bit after all the fuss. 

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,245 posts
16,204 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I was going to ask this myself but got to thinking that it is entirely possible Wargaming changed things up a bit after all the fuss. 

It would depend on when he bought the first batch.

• Thanks 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Im curious if they did after last nights batch of megas. I walked out with two tier 8s(kaga, saipan), and five tier 6/7 ships.

Before i was getting a maximum or 4 ships per 20, with the lowest being two ships dropped and the highest being 6, but that was an opening of 40 boxes(20 small, 20 bigs)

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles
14 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Im curious if they did after last nights batch of megas. I walked out with two tier 8s(kaga, saipan), and five tier 6/7 ships.

Before i was getting a maximum or 4 ships per 20, with the lowest being two ships dropped and the highest being 6, but that was an opening of 40 boxes(20 small, 20 bigs)

Based off my experience this isn’t the case, but hey, small sample size.

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
689 posts
24,826 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Had the short list ships well before this years event.  First page has been edited too reflect this question.

Edited by Grapefruitcannon
  • Cool 2

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
51 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Based off my experience this isn’t the case, but hey, small sample size.

Indeed, ill be buying more when i get paid so we shall see!

[BOINK]
Members
57 posts
7,533 battles
2 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I'd be interested in reading about how much money you folks are spending versus the value of the contents received in the crates. We know how much an individual ship costs, doubloon value, premium time etc so it would give people like me some idea of what to expect. Besides Makarov's of course. I also wonder if WG is going to tweak the algorithm this year to start giving out different ships or more content in the crates. 

As always good luck to those of you still buying crates. 

I managed to put a dollar value to everything I received out of my crates this year. Granted the 7 rares I got is hard to value so i just used what they were in FXP and converted to Doubloons on the ones I could anyways. I could be off a bit but with the 565 (CAD) I spent on crates i received $2757.00 in value back. Money well spent and i won't have to spend anything more now for quite some time.

I believe you get close to getting your money back even if you don't get a ship but everyone wants a rare ship and are very disappointmened as I would be if they don't get it.

• Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles
1 minute ago, D_S_K said:

I managed to put a dollar value to everything I received out of my crates this year. Granted the 7 rares I got is hard to value so i just used what they were in FXP and converted to Doubloons on the ones I could anyways. I could be off a bit but with the 565 (CAD) I spent on crates i received $2757.00 in value back. Money well spent and i won't have to spend anything more now for quite some time.

I believe you get close to getting your money back even if you don't get a ship but everyone wants a rare ship and are very disappointmened as I would be if they don't get it.

How much did you put value wise on camos and coal btw?

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,513 posts
18,105 battles

Thank you for the response. That's a nice return on investment, similar to what I've seen on the Youtube videos. I had linked my Amazon account so I got three crates, one of each. I received all camos unfortunately. Glad to see you're happy with the result. 

[BOINK]
Members
57 posts
7,533 battles
6 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

How much did you put value wise on camos and coal btw?

Depending on the camo It varies from 12 cents to 62 cents. For coal I used 2500 coal for a buck.

The premium signals I valued at 25 cents each.

Its not perfect but i believe I am in the ballpark.

Edited by D_S_K

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles

Depending on the camo It varies from 12 cents to 62 cents. For coal I used 2500 coal for a buck.

The premium signals I valued at 25 cents each

Good to know for future crates. Which camos are the best? Which are the worst?

[BOINK]
Members
57 posts
7,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Good to know for future crates. Which camos are the best? Which are the worst?

Asian lantern was the best one I got with spring sky not far behind.

New year and Type 3 - New Year were the worst ones.

Keep in mind however that all the camo's are good,  just some have much better benefits .

I also only purchased mega crates.

Edited by D_S_K

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles

Asian lantern was the best one I got with spring sky not far behind.

New year and Type 3 - New Year were the worst ones.

Keep in mind however that all the camo's are good,  just some have much better benefits .

Duly noted. Well good to know again for the future of my Santa Crate openings. Were you doing Big or Huge crates?

[BOINK]
Members
57 posts
7,533 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Duly noted. Well good to know again for the future of my Santa Crate openings. Were you doing Big or Huge crates?

I did just the mega crates. LOL For me anyways its go big or go home.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,268 posts
9,866 battles
8 minutes ago, D_S_K said:

I did just the mega crates. LOL For me anyways its go big or go home.

Fair enough. I’ve been going big crates because I don’t have short list ships to worry about, but I’m not exactly pulling ships either.

[ONE]
Members
363 posts

I purchased 8 Big Gift Containers yesterday, out of the eight dropped -

Z-35

Pyotr Bagration

Kamikaze

Not bad for $21.59 USD

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Careful!  I mentioned that when I got the Lowenhart, T-61 AND my Kamikazi AND a few other great ships without having all the shortlist ships and I was flooded with a torrent of posts trying to explain it away in all sorts of tinfoil methods.

Sure I got a few of SL ships but that was out of 11 ships total

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this