Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Comments on W.Voss - Stealth skip bombers?

7 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles

Ran across a red W.Voss CV in a random battle and ran by a 007 clan member.I looked at his stats and it's 59.5% W/R on CV's.

Notes:

Skip bombing at the second skip does not seem to be effective since only one bomb hit and I was moving broadside.  It might be more useful on the first skip point against stationary broadside targets.

Those skip bombers seems to have a stealth function. They didn't show up on the mini map or on the HUD warning. The only time you're warned if the AA opens up. You look up and all you see is a bar showing the squadron strength.

So..is WeeGee trying to place HO-229 fighter bombers?

Members
3,664 posts
42,497 battles

To be honest, skip bombers are probably going to be a dead end.

Because you either know how to do it or you don't.

And that type of bomb drop is extremely timing dependent and requires the following:

1. Reliable internet connection that will not cause latency issues or packet loss. Since this would narrow the field of players, let's just say, California or West Coast. Now to..

2. Monitor frame rates in the high 144hz refresh minimum and top off to 4k. If you play fps shooter games you are good to go.

3. Graphics cards at the Nvidia range of GTX 1080 and above or equivalent AMD. The graphics processor does all the work, but if you don't have this then..

4. Processor of Intel Gen 7 and above. Generous storage and ram to get it moving around. Mechanical storage, running ssd.

5. Desync. WG needs to solve this first. If it affects players on East Coast and West Coast is fine, then this is a problem. Desync ruins timing. Skip bombers are more sensitive to this.

So despite it being possibly stealthy or a broken bomber already, WG needs to consider whether this bomber will work with inconsistent ISP service across North America and the inequities of geography to the server. 

Perhaps WG, partnering with other gaming companies and streaming services should march on over to Capitol Hill and tell Congress that inconsistent ISP service is undermining the industry.

Maybe by speaking up now and using their voice along with other companies that probably feel the same, that the internet should be affordable, reliable, freaking fast, and have excellent customer service.

Because what I am seeing these days is ISP providers other than the one I am using (and they have been around for over a hundred years), a half effort in equipment rollout in the infrastructure with crappy equipment and poor customer service. Then they throttle down at their own discretion because of what, to save the light bill?

Deregulation only made things worse here in NA, not better. 

No one will play a single game if it is unplayable because of crappy internet service.

Make all the fancy content you want, cats with lasers, turtles that shoot flames from their butts, bombers that drop cherries.

It all stops working if internet stops working.

Fix internet, make freaky fast, good customer service, and everyone will play any games companies put out there.

[ODIN]
Members
216 posts
8,308 battles
11 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

And that type of bomb drop is extremely timing dependent and requires the following:

1. Reliable internet connection that will not cause latency issues or packet loss. Since this would narrow the field of players, let's just say, California or West Coast. Now to..

2. Monitor frame rates in the high 144hz refresh minimum and top off to 4k. If you play fps shooter games you are good to go.

3. Graphics cards at the Nvidia range of GTX 1080 and above or equivalent AMD. The graphics processor does all the work, but if you don't have this then..

4. Processor of Intel Gen 7 and above. Generous storage and ram to get it moving around. Mechanical storage, running ssd.

5. Desync. WG needs to solve this first. If it affects players on East Coast and West Coast is fine, then this is a problem. Desync ruins timing. Skip bombers are more sensitive to this.

So despite it being possibly stealthy or a broken bomber already, WG needs to consider whether this bomber will work with inconsistent ISP service across North America and the inequities of geography to the server. 

Perhaps WG, partnering with other gaming companies and streaming services should march on over to Capitol Hill and tell Congress that inconsistent ISP service is undermining the industry.

Maybe by speaking up now and using their voice along with other companies that probably feel the same, that the internet should be affordable, reliable, freaking fast, and have excellent customer service.

Because what I am seeing these days is ISP providers other than the one I am using (and they have been around for over a hundred years), a half effort in equipment rollout in the infrastructure with crappy equipment and poor customer service. Then they throttle down at their own discretion because of what, to save the light bill?

No one will play a single game if it is unplayable because of crappy internet service.

Make all the fancy content you want, cats with lasers, turtles that shoot flames from their butts, bombers that drop cherries.

Fix internet, make freaky fast, good customer service, and everyone will play any games companies put out there.

I get your point, But I think you are vastly overestimating the specs required to play WoWs. Also, Skip bombers require the same, if not less, timing than AP rockets currrently. 

1. Well yes, but most developed areas are going to be fine when it comes to connection. This really only affects people where there is little infrastructure. 
2. By no means does it require 144hz refresh rate and 4k. That's just ridiculous. a normal 60 hz refresh rate and 1080p is more than adequate for high-quality CV play.
3. Uhhh, no. anything above a 1050 will work, and I've even seen people play on lower performance cards. 
4. I can somewhat agree here, you can still get away with having a less powerful CPU though. I would also highly recommend SSD as well.
5. Agreed. I still have some issues with desync, and it's extremely frustrating when it happens.

also, why list all these necessary computer specs if your whole argument is about poor WiFi service across America?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,717 battles
12 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Not really, many players have worse notebooks and play WOWs without any problem.

Since the CV is new, this could be a bug. I run WoWs on a 2k screen with 60Hz and have not the slightest problem.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles
8 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Since the CV is new, this could be a bug. I run WoWs on a 2k screen with 60Hz and have not the slightest problem.

A CV player won't know it's a bug.

Members
3,664 posts
42,497 battles
On 12/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, SirPent13 said:

I get your point, But I think you are vastly overestimating the specs required to play WoWs. Also, Skip bombers require the same, if not less, timing than AP rockets currrently. 

1. Well yes, but most developed areas are going to be fine when it comes to connection. This really only affects people where there is little infrastructure. 
2. By no means does it require 144hz refresh rate and 4k. That's just ridiculous. a normal 60 hz refresh rate and 1080p is more than adequate for high-quality CV play.
3. Uhhh, no. anything above a 1050 will work, and I've even seen people play on lower performance cards. 
4. I can somewhat agree here, you can still get away with having a less powerful CPU though. I would also highly recommend SSD as well.
5. Agreed. I still have some issues with desync, and it's extremely frustrating when it happens.

also, why list all these necessary computer specs if your whole argument is about poor WiFi service across America?

Because, WG eventually will have to refine the game and some hardware won't work

When I started this game I used a crappy card well below 1050 spec back when you could get away with it. But, updates, and hardware changes later changed that.

AA and other ships interactions affect the match and players with a quality refresh rate are able to cope with desync or freezes. Also there are the nefarious shenanigans of players finding new ways to bog down the frame rate on purpose to their advantage

In first person shooters, it's one way of getting your shot off before the other does. I have experienced this in other games and the industry tries its best to mitigate it, but it is not infallible.

Members
3,664 posts
42,497 battles
On 12/11/2020 at 11:02 AM, Erebthoron said:

Not really, many players have worse notebooks and play WOWs without any problem.

2k is best resolution. So long as you don't have thermal throttling either through the Mobo or the card. Net connection seems to be solid if you do fine. But notebooks will overheat, so watch the temperatures.

Sign in to follow this