Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrIeremias

Limit the frequency people see the same map

4 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
5,872 battles

After just getting sent to the same map that I hate (fault line) for the 5th battle in a row, and seeing it more than half the time today, I had an idea. Why not have the match maker limit how often players are on the same map just like it does for putting them in battles 2 tiers above their ship? I know seeing other maps would make the game much more enjoyable for me, and I suspect for others also.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
3,366 posts
3,065 battles
  • Ocean should occur more often. 
  • some maps should be expanded to higher tiers(allow Tier 10 games on Solomon Islands & New Dawn, but make Shatter & Hotspot available to Tier 4 games). Maps like Polar, Islands, Strait, & Big Race should still be limited to current tiers.
  • Add in Ultimate Frontier & the map used in Raptor Rescue.

Just my 2¢.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,062 posts
41,751 battles
2 hours ago, black_hull4 said:
  • Ocean should occur more often. 
  • some maps should be expanded to higher tiers(allow Tier 10 games on Solomon Islands & New Dawn, but make Shatter & Hotspot available to Tier 4 games). Maps like Polar, Islands, Strait, & Big Race should still be limited to current tiers.
  • Add in Ultimate Frontier & the map used in Raptor Rescue.

Just my 2¢.

Ocean: agree 1000000000%.

Can't agree on point 2 for a few reasons.

• Putting low tier ships on large high tier maps is just a bad idea because those slow, low tier ships will take forever to get anywhere.
  • Putting high tier ships on small low tier maps is terrible because it gives all the advantage to BBs, while long range kiting cruisers are in a world of hurt.  It's not so bad for shorter ranged cruisers, as long as the maps are large enough to give them some room to work.
  • There are some maps where they could in theory bump up the battle tier of the map by 1 tier.

As for operation maps, I agree that there are some maps that I think could be useful for randoms and coop.  Ultimate Frontier is one.  Newport Station might be another.  I'm not sure about the Raptor Rescue map because it seems like its layout may not be conducive to random/coop play.  The Hermes map may or may not be usable too.

Heck, I wish that they'd put Riposte into the map rotation as, I suppose, a battle tier 7 map.

Members
3,366 posts
3,065 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

because those slow, low tier ships will take forever to get anywhere.

Looks sideways at USN Standard BBs. Yes, it's just one example but still...