You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven2303

Moskva Research Bureau

11 comments in this topic

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

I got Moskva before she was transferred into a special ship and I now just got my Halland. which makes my total tier 10 ships to 5, including Moskva. But contrary to what was said, she does not contribute to the unlocking of the Research Bureau like it was said she would.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,802 posts
20,330 battles

Only tech tree T10s count. Moskva is no longer a tech tree T10. She stopped counting the moment she stopped being a tech tree T10.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,365 posts
26,916 battles

Once Moskva became a "special" ship, she no longer counted for the Research Bureau.  You need to have the Alexander Nevsky.  WG stated that if you had reset the line when the Moskva was still part of the tech tree, you would need to research the Nevsky in order to get the research points that the Moskva would have given you.

Here are the patch notes from 9.5:

Changes in the Soviet Cruiser Branch

Update 0.9.5 will see the Soviet cruiser branch split into two sub-branches. X Moskva is a heavy cruiser, and she is going to leave the light cruiser branch and acquire the status of special ship that's available in exchange for Coal. She'll be replaced in the tech tree by light cruiser X Alexander Nevsky. V Kirov will also leave the branch to become a Premium ship. She'll be replaced by V Kotovsky. The Premium version of Kirov is based on her standard hull that historically existed. The ship’s AA armament is the same as for her standard hull, while all of her other characteristics are same as for her researchable hull. At the same time, it will be possible to choose between the Spotting Aircraft and Fighter consumables.

• Cruiser X Moskva will acquire the status of being a special ship. This means that the base cost of the post-battle service of this ship will be reduced from 180,000 to 90,000 credits, and Commanders from other ships of the same nation can be assigned to her without any penalties or retraining requirements.
  • You'll receive cruiser X Moskva under the following circumstances: if you've already researched but haven't yet purchased her; if you sold her; or if you’ve had the branch reset through the Research Bureau.
  • If your progress through the Soviet cruiser branch has been reset, the Research Point bonus will be transferred to X Alexander Nevsky.
  • The unique upgrade and combat mission for cruiser X Moskva, as well as any permanent camouflages you’ve purchased, will be preserved. If the Type 20 permanent camouflage hasn't yet been purchased, it will be added.
  • The Commander of cruiser X Moskva will preserve his specialization.
  • Cruiser X Alexander Nevsky can be obtained only after she has been researched and purchased in the Tech Tree.
  • The same rules apply to cruiser V Kirov and her tech tree replacement V Kotovsky, except that Kirov will become a Premium ship instead of a special ship.
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[VORTX]
Members
485 posts
6,892 battles
36 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

I got Moskva before she was transferred into a special ship and I now just got my Halland. which makes my total tier 10 ships to 5, including Moskva. But contrary to what was said, she does not contribute to the unlocking of the Research Bureau like it was said she would.

You don’t want RB anyways. Resetting lines? Ughh why? Ohio might be he only one worth it, everything else is getting / got nerfed with the captain re-do or last years ifhe nerf. 

Members
527 posts
209 battles
41 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Do you have a link for this?

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles
2 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

The only thing I remember being said was that if tech tree Moskva was one of the five t10s you had to unlock the RB, you’d keep your access even if Moskva becoming special put you at four tech tree t10s. I don’t recall anything about it continuing to count after moving otherwise. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,270 posts
16,629 battles
2 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Ohio might be he only one worth it,

Slava would like to have a word with you

If you already had Ohio :Smile_playing:

[VORTX]
Members
485 posts
6,892 battles
46 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Slava would like to have a word with you

If you already had Ohio :Smile_playing:

Lol. I play slava’s and shrug. I play Ohio’s and I pay attention. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,270 posts
16,629 battles
3 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

I play slava’s and shrug. I play Ohio’s and I pay attention. 

when the Slava first available for testing, I nail citadel hit on the Montana 18-20 km away

When the Ohio first available for testing, I nail cruisers with devastating hits at mid range, Yamato at 18-20km as well .. both ship had their strength and weaknesses, and maybe the Ohio tick with you more :cap_like: 

• Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
485 posts
6,892 battles
6 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

when the Slava first available for testing, I nail citadel hit on the Montana 18-20 km away

When the Ohio first available for testing, I nail cruisers with devastating hits at mid range, Yamato at 18-20km as well .. both ship had their strength and weaknesses, and maybe the Ohio tick with you more :cap_like: 

You've played them, I've only been shot at by them. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,270 posts
16,629 battles
5 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

You've played them

sadly, I have to grind to get them just like everyone else ..... this time I go with obtaining the Slava first .... Ohio can wait for now  :Smile_izmena:

• Sad 1