Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karstodes

Cv plane regeneration

12 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
1,665 posts
5,834 battles

So Cv regen planes, yes.

But it do create a balancing issue when you go from one game mode to an other. When a CV have to face 12 ships, the risk of getting deplaned is higher than when facing 9 ships, or 7. It creates a imbalance with CV for Clan Battle and other mode, and I have a simple proposal for that: adapt plane regeneration for the number of ships at the starts.

Something quite simple: in 12 vs 12, it would be 100% regen time. At 9 vs 9, it would be 100x(9/12): 75% 1 vs 1 would be 8.33%

That way, shot down plane in CB or Clan Brawl will have more impact than in random, and CV will fall more in line than before.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
13,055 battles
2 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

So Cv regen planes, yes.

But it do create a balancing issue when you go from one game mode to an other. When a CV have to face 12 ships, the risk of getting deplaned is higher than when facing 9 ships, or 7. It creates a imbalance with CV for Clan Battle and other mode, and I have a simple proposal for that: adapt plane regeneration for the number of ships at the starts.

Something quite simple: in 12 vs 12, it would be 100% regen time. At 9 vs 9, it would be 100x(9/12): 75% 1 vs 1 would be 8.33%

That way, shot down plane in CB or Clan Brawl will have more impact than in random, and CV will fall more in line than before.

So, would everyone's ships have less hit points as well, being that you can no longer get shot at by 12 ships on the opposing team? Probably not.

It would be a pretty useless change, as aircraft regen shouldn't be an issue with better players. You're also not accounting for differences in what shows up in more competitive modes and differences in how players actual behave. Also, fewer players shooting at each other means you keep more AA guns through to the end off the match. CV's reserves are also balanced with the regen, some CV's have shallower reserves with better regen,  and others have deeper reserves with worse regen.

Problem is, Randoms and Clan Battles are apples and oranges.

In randoms, it's pot luck as to what ships are actually in the match, a CV can normally find a lone target or three, and if more than 3 players work together, it's a miracle.

In more more competitive modes, the better teams will be grouped up, will have ships that are suited for what they're facing, and they will be working together. You also don't normally have a tier spread to deal with.

• Meh 1

[MR-1]
Members
185 posts
13,034 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

So, would everyone's ships have less hit points as well, being that you can no longer get shot at by 12 ships on the opposing team? Probably not.

It would be a pretty useless change, as aircraft regen shouldn't be an issue with better players. You're also not accounting for differences in what shows up in more competitive modes and differences in how players actual behave. Also, fewer players shooting at each other means you keep more AA guns through to the end off the match. CV's reserves are also balanced with the regen, some CV's have shallower reserves with better regen,  and others have deeper reserves with worse regen.

Problem is, Randoms and Clan Battles are apples and oranges.

In randoms, it's pot luck as to what ships are actually in the match, a CV can normally find a lone target or three, and if more than 3 players work together, it's a miracle.

In more more competitive modes, the better teams will be grouped up, will have ships that are suited for what they're facing, and they will be working together. You also don't normally have a tier spread to deal with.

One thing I would [edited]here is in the last Clan Brawl at T10 a CV was required. Everyone knew there was going to be a CV so the ships were picked around that. Smart players picked their ships with strong AA as well as good for brawling. No different than at T9 when players picked CA/CL that had radar to help neutralize the DD. In ranked or random, you have to gamble on if there will be a CV or not. You have to decide if you are willing to chance being focused by a CV because your ship has the weakest AA on your team and you are alone. The truth in this can be seen by the popularity of the Halland at T10. Over all it is a weak DD, but its AA is second to none, so more people flock to it now.

• Thanks 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
13,055 battles
34 minutes ago, devildog0416 said:

One thing I would [edited]here is in the last Clan Brawl at T10 a CV was required. Everyone knew there was going to be a CV so the ships were picked around that. Smart players picked their ships with strong AA as well as good for brawling. No different than at T9 when players picked CA/CL that had radar to help neutralize the DD. In ranked or random, you have to gamble on if there will be a CV or not. You have to decide if you are willing to chance being focused by a CV because your ship has the weakest AA on your team and you are alone. The truth in this can be seen by the popularity of the Halland at T10. Over all it is a weak DD, but its AA is second to none, so more people flock to it now.

My point exactly.

In competitive play, you're building your team for the expected conditions. It will boil down to exactly one optimal team composition. Doesn't really matter if there's CV's or not, you haven't changed the number of optimal team configurations.

Random is a roll of the dice.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SRM]
Members
199 posts
18,271 battles
10 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

My point exactly.

In competitive play, you're building your team for the expected conditions. It will boil down to exactly one optimal team composition. Doesn't really matter if there's CV's or not, you haven't changed the number of optimal team configurations.

Random is a roll of the dice.

6 games in ranked all in CV  but no bias in your position   ...lol of course you don't want CV's balanced why give up an OP edge as opposed to those asking a legit question about balance and not removing CV all together 

Edited by jr_token

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
13,055 battles
7 minutes ago, jr_token said:

6 games in ranked all in CV  but no bias in your position   ...lol of course you don't want CV's balanced why give up an OP edge as opposed to those asking a legit question about balance and not removing CV all together 

And exactly a 50/50 win ratio before I gave up on it, so I don't even see your point there.

Got sick of the winner being determined by which team curls up in a ball behind an island and gets kicked to death until they start breaking ranks and suiciding. Might as well flip a coin for all the effect a CV was having.

[_R-D_]
Members
24 posts
8,834 battles

I am a fan of removing CVs from the game. They are OP because WG decided to nerf the other ships to almost nothing, and they allow rocket equipped planes and regeneration. In a CA, you activate your aa, then it runs out and does not recover in time to assist in fending off the next attack. You are dead. Rocket planes kill my DD so fast I leave them in port now. They are useless.

How about leaving the defensive aa on or a 10 second recharge, and how about the other ships regenerate to the same degree the planes do. That seems pretty fair. Oh and give the other ships the ability to see and fire as far as the CVs. CVs have destroyed any stealth, and finally,  One CV per side per game. 

Do not know why WG is so fond of this things. I pray they are not as fond of submarines.

[TWFT]
Members
80 posts
5,929 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 12:03 PM, Laser_Beam said:

I also have a simple proposal.

Remove CVs

Barack Obama Sings Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" - YouTube

[TWFT]
Members
80 posts
5,929 battles
On 1/5/2021 at 8:07 AM, sabotfodder said:

I am a fan of removing CVs from the game. They are OP because WG decided to nerf the other ships to almost nothing, and they allow rocket equipped planes and regeneration. In a CA, you activate your aa, then it runs out and does not recover in time to assist in fending off the next attack. You are dead. Rocket planes kill my DD so fast I leave them in port now. They are useless.

How about leaving the defensive aa on or a 10 second recharge, and how about the other ships regenerate to the same degree the planes do. That seems pretty fair. Oh and give the other ships the ability to see and fire as far as the CVs. CVs have destroyed any stealth, and finally,  One CV per side per game. 

Do not know why WG is so fond of this things. I pray they are not as fond of submarines.

Oh boo, freaking hoo. So you can't hide behind islands all the time anymore, just hide in your smoke as almost everything seems to be getting smoke nowadays. CVs are not OP, you are just mad that you now have to play smart in a DD and can't just rush a cap because you will most likely catch a broadside of rockets. Now I am not saying that in general AA doesn't need to be looked at. AA on ALL ship classes definitely needs to be addressed. I have seen T10 CVs and even some T8 fly through overlapping AA of at least 3 cruisers and still get drops off. There is no excuse for that so I will give you that point. But complaining because your DDs are no longer stealthy ninjas free from CV attacks is laughable.  

[_R-D_]
Members
24 posts
8,834 battles

On 1/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, Jystri said:

Oh boo, freaking hoo. So you can't hide behind islands all the time anymore, just hide in your smoke as almost everything seems to be getting smoke nowadays. CVs are not OP, you are just mad that you now have to play smart in a DD and can't just rush a cap because you will most likely catch a broadside of rockets. Now I am not saying that in general AA doesn't need to be looked at. AA on ALL ship classes definitely needs to be addressed. I have seen T10 CVs and even some T8 fly through overlapping AA of at least 3 cruisers and still get drops off. There is no excuse for that so I will give you that point. But complaining because your DDs are no longer stealthy ninjas free from CV attacks is laughable. 

Why are you being so childlike? What is with the Boo hoo comment? Grow up a bit

For the record, since you seem to want to project you know it all, I generally do not hide behind islands my friend, so stop assuming. You know what assuming does. No I am not mad that I cannot rush a cap. If you had read my note, I said I left my dds in port.  

And after you are done with your boo hoo, what does "Now I am not saying that in general AA doesn't need to be looked at. AA on ALL ship classes definitely needs to be addressed." mean? What are you trying to say? 

Bad place to offer comments. Not drinking your koolaid

• Thanks 1

Members
499 posts
209 battles
On 1/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, Jystri said:

Barack Obama Sings Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" - YouTube

I too can find pictures on the internet that have nothing to do with the OP.

image.png.86b26b9ac01d15a82e81afc7ffb295da.png

Sign in to follow this