You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

IChase opens 3000 crates

62 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,100 posts
6,069 battles

You ever wonder what it would be like to spend so much money on crates you'd have to get everything right? 

Nice flex there @Hapa_Fodder

• Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
6,100 posts
6,069 battles

I'd like to personally thank @iChase for showing me I will NEVER-EVER-EVER-EVER-EVER get the Enterprise. 3k crates and I think he got it once?

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles

Your looking at $8,070 worth of Doubloons being spent.

Edited by Sventex
  • Sad 1

[KWF]
Members
5,175 posts
6,659 battles

Wait, was it 3000 or 1000? 

I saw the 1000 one actually gave him I don't know how many doubloons back.

Oh my, just saw the new one with 3k.

Keep in mind people it's on a press account. No real wallets were harmed for the making of this video...

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
6,100 posts
6,069 battles

I like the fact he used wargaming's own press account to show how bad those boxes actually are.

image.png.4001e8987873486ebb837957720735e9.png

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles

Conclusion: It's rigged.  The containers are for super-whales only.

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, DuckyShot said:

It's sort of impossible to get a Missouri out of a crate when it's still sitting on the account as it is impossible to sell the Missouri. 

So enough of the sensationalism and hyperbole, because it's absolutely false. 

How is it even false, sensationalism or hyperbole when Ichase said can't regain Missouri or Musashi because he already had it?  What's the lie?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,920 posts

So... did he actually spend that money or is it part of his account?   

Also, as pointed out... if he already had Missouri on the account, of course he wouldn't get it again, right? 

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles
17 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

3000 crates and not one Missouri 

ichase said he already had a Missouri and Musashi so he couldn't "regain" those.

[BB35]
Members
116 posts
20,766 battles

All this tells me is that crate opening works differently opening all crates at once vs. one at time.  If you already have a ship when opening crates one at time it drops a super container with a ship you don't already have.    So yes a sensationalist video but ultimately pretty useless. 

• Cool 2

[GGWP]
Members
85 posts
3,774 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

How is it even false, sensationalism or hyperbole when Ichase said can't regain Missouri or Musashi because he already had it?  What's the lie?

Here is the lie :)

19 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

You ever wonder what it would be like to spend so much money on crates you'd have to get everything right? 

3000 crates and not one Missouri 

Well I guess it's not a lie, but it's misleading

Edited by TadpoleFishTaco
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,204 posts
16,669 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

Do you even know how this stuff works?? 

If you have a ship on the account, it will automatically substitute a SC with another ship. This happens at the time of sale. Because he already had missouri, it will never show up as it has already been substituted. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,706 posts
12 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Your look at $8,070 of Doubloons being spent.

If he makes money from streaming and posting WOWS Videos he can write it off as a business expense. I watch a guy who cuts $500 pairs of boots in half to show how they are built. Since people like to see such things he makes more than he paid for the boots per video, plus he can write off the boots' cost on his taxes.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
207 posts
1,576 battles

To spend even 600k doubloons (The approximate net spend and how much you'll need to even get 1000 crates) that's around $2400...holy cow. 

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, TadpoleFishTaco said:

Here is the lie :)

Well I guess it's not a lie, but it's misleading

Yeah sorry, I caught that and edited my post.

[MCGA]
Members
101 posts
11,276 battles

For anyone that has gotten crates this year will tell you, they are definately rigged by tier.

When you buy crate packages, you will first get any Tier 5 ships you dont have.

Then Tier 6

Then 7

So if you want a tier 9 ship, you better hope you have all of the Tier 5-8 already because otherwise you'll have to go through those before you reach the ship you wanted.

It isn't necessarily set by tier, by the drop rates are and they are substantialy swayed toward the lower tiers. The super hard to get ships are weighted closer to the Tier 9 ships but are still a hair harder to get. So don't expect Fujin, Kamakaze, Nikolai, etc until you have cleared out all Tier 5-8 and some Tier 9.

Going into the deal with your eyes open, don't expect high Tier ships initially and if you are somehow lucky enough to get one, you won the lottery, it is not the norm.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If he makes money from streaming and posting WOWS Videos he can write it off as a business expense. I watch a guy who cuts $500 pairs of boots in half to show how they are built. Since people like to see such things he makes more than he paid for the boots per video, plus he can write off the boots' cost on his taxes.

No he didn't spend a dime, he was using a press account.  I'm just pointing out your looking at $8,070 worth of Doubloons being spent.

Edited by Sventex

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,630 posts
12,043 battles

I would hope so, because getting a duplicate Missouri would be the equivalent of getting 1 credit.

• Funny 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,204 posts
16,669 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

Yeah sorry, I caught that and edited my post.

Yeah, I wasn't calling hyperbole or sensationalism on Ichase part, just the really really large bold colored wording in the OP. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So... did he actually spend that money or is it part of his account?   

Also, as pointed out... if he already had Missouri on the account, of course he wouldn't get it again, right? 

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This was a press acct supplied to some CCs.. the dubloons are provided with the account.     He didn't spend any money.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,131 posts
4,766 battles

black_falcon120's Christmas 2020 Crate Data Collection (Responses) - Google Sheets

17,000+ Santa crates.

Five Missouri drops, btw.  Talk about rare!  0.03% chance**.  Same for Enterprise.

Only three Benhams.  One hundred fifty three Makarovs.

** That chance is per crate. Per ship drop, it is considerably higher: 0.24%.

All this depends on what you have in port already; the numbers are from the average port content.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,679 posts
12,223 battles
10 minutes ago, Sventex said:

IF the ships on the account, chances are it won't even be picked.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,920 posts

I don't think WG minds people out there actually buying 1000s of crates in order to prove what we already know about how the crates are slanted.  

:Smile_smile: