You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

3 free santa containers twitch bundle

44 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
720 posts
17,520 battles

The latest Twitch Bundle just dropped and it is a mission for 1 each of:  Santa container, Big container and Mega container ! 

image.thumb.png.91e72142094c1ce1822bcb38d72e115a.png

image.thumb.png.ded9c3fccfe94ad598856b081f08ffd6.png

For any unfamiliar with the benefits of Twitch drops and bundles - If you have Amazon Prime, you may have been missing out on some decent in game extra's the past year. I do a quick highlight here: 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles

Thank you so much for posting that. I have a bad habit of not checking in on that often enough.

aaron rodgers thumbs up GIF by State Farm

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
565 posts
11,817 battles

I have my Ashley Violet on Minnesota...seemed the purple reminded me of Minnesota (Vikings, Prince, etc) and I wasn't using her anywhere else.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,363 battles

Yudachi dropped from mine which is sort of a shima lite. Cute little thing. USeful for snowflake later.

The 12 kill mission can be sorted easily in Operations.

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Supertester
720 posts
17,520 battles
4 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Yudachi dropped from mine which is sort of a shima lite. Cute little thing. USeful for snowflake later.

The 12 kill mission can be sorted easily in Operations.

Thanks for the Reminder about operations - I completed the mission in 1 Op :) 

2500 coal, USS California and 20 Shadow lurker camo is considerably better luck than my normal :) 

• Cool 1

Members
4,321 posts
3,255 battles
5 hours ago, Karandar said:

The latest Twitch Bundle just dropped and it is a mission for 1 each of:  Santa container, Big container and Mega container ! 

For any unfamiliar with the benefits of Twitch drops and bundles - If you have Amazon Prime, you may have been missing out on some decent in game extra's the past year. I do a quick highlight here: 

Good deal, but I can't claim them. I have the 8 bundles claim and the Santa crates doesn't show on the screen

[_AFW_]
Members
99 posts
7,233 battles
5 hours ago, Karandar said:

That's amazing if I wasn't waiting for them to rollback my account because of the Santa box scam.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
394 posts
12,996 battles

Got a Kaga,  Marblehead L and 12 camos.  I am happy with that.

• Cool 3

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles
1 hour ago, Gristle_LD said:

That's amazing if I wasn't waiting for them to rollback my account because of the Santa box scam.

If you got any of the short list ships that then get rolled back, you'll just get them again in the free crates!  I got London out of the standard gift boxes, so now I'm tempted to see if I can get better ones now that the one dud is out of the way.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_AFW_]
Members
99 posts
7,233 battles
24 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

If you got any of the short list ships that then get rolled back, you'll just get them again in the free crates!  I got London out of the standard gift boxes, so now I'm tempted to see if I can get better ones now that the one dud is out of the way.

ill take them for free. but not when its all your get first while paying

• Cool 1

Members
256 posts
22,913 battles

OK - I thought people were messing around about what they won in these, but I completed the mission (destroy 12 ships) and scored the following:  4 New York Streamers in the Santa box :cap_tea:, 1000 doubloons in the Big crate :cap_like: and then in the Mega crate: a Supercontainer popped up (even though I still don't have an Ochakov) and inside was: Z-35 & a 10pt Captain. :cap_win:   I am absolutely stoked!  That leaves only 3 ships left from the list of 107 that my collection is missing:  Agir, Ochakov and Champagne.  I am going to wait out all of these freebies and see what happens next!

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

[DPG]
Supertester
720 posts
17,520 battles

Very glad to see so many captains actually receiving some decent items from these bundles! 

Unexpected Goodies are always welcome :) 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,937 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, Karandar said:

:Smile_great:I got a Poltava :Smile_sad::Smile_facepalm:image.png.41510193e3973e6bc6f6a29303240c54.png

Poltava is a premium Tier 7 Soviet battleship that takes several departures from the techtree vessels of the same nation and class, especially its direct non-premium counterpart Sinop. While it still enjoys good armor protection for a Tier 7 battleship, though marred by a large, above-the-water citadel block, the major difference between Poltava and its techtree sisters lies in its main armament. Whereas Sinop and above use 406mm guns, culminating with Kremlin's massive 457mm armaments, Poltava uses 3x3 356mm rifles - the same caliber used in Tier 6 by techtree Soviet battleship Izmail. For Tier 7, this is a rather underwhelming caliber as it is unable to overmatch 25mm of armor with AP, a frustrating limitation when considering that most higher tier ships have 25mm or thicker common plating, such as bows/afts. The turrets are also less armored compared to the ones used by techtree Soviet battleships, making them easier to disable or outright destroy. That said, Poltava still enjoys rather decent HE shells with a good fire chance, as well as excellent AP penetration and shell velocity, among the best in the game for its gun caliber.

Poltava also enjoys better concealment and somewhat better accuracy at range compared to techtree Soviet battleships, which makes the ship overall more suited to conventional mid-long range engagements. This is the major difference between Poltava and its sisters - whereas Soviet battleships do well in brutal close range engagements, Poltava should play more conservatively and not actively seek brawls.

Pros:

• Best 356mm guns in the game in terms of AP penetration and muzzle velocity
  • Good HE shell fire chance
  • Better than average reload speed at 28 seconds
  • Good top speed of 29 knots and fairly quick rudder shift for a battleship
  • Has an "icebreaker" bow above the waterline as additional protection when bow-on
  • Same short cooldown Damage Control Party (When activated, instantly repairs fires, floods, and incapacitations, and prevents more for the duration.) as techtree Soviet battleships
  • Good concealment

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7 (2).png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles

For me:

Zulu flags

Bayard

New years streamer camo

Very nice result

• Cool 1

Members
933 posts
4,023 battles

Wait...so Twitch and Prime gaming are different?  I thought they were the same thing?

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
896 posts
13,808 battles
37 minutes ago, permanentnoob said:

I didn't even get the Marakov (whatever it's called)...., but I'll take free stuff any time

image.thumb.png.df33afffc3ab8b080dd2ebd51e519a08.png

Got the same three things out of mine too.

And as you said, free stuff is always welcome.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
720 posts
17,520 battles
10 minutes ago, surratus said:

Wait...so Twitch and Prime gaming are different?  I thought they were the same thing?

Twitch is owned by Amazon - Was/is TwitchTV, Twitch Prime Is now called Prime Gaming - One in the same :)  

[FNGSX]
Members
99 posts
5,958 battles

Got some coal, a useless camo and a decent enough camo bundle, so pretty mediocre. Wish id gotten even the makarov or london.

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,529 battles
5 hours ago, BlackAngelCom said:

HAHAHAHA

Gift: 10k FXP

Big Gift: 15x Leviathan

Mega Gift: Ochakov

Overall nice stuff.

Nice.  I think I have all of the ships on the list so I was hoping for a duplicate and to get paid out in doubloons.  Did not happen.

50 Zulu

15 leviathan 

Coal 

• Cool 1