Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lancelot0001

From rigged santa containers

29 comments in this topic

[AZUR1]
Members
184 posts
4,268 battles

So this santa event is a big scandal for WG, and they refuse to change rigged containers. We can expect same rigged santa containers next year.

I am actually wondering, are other types of containers also rigged? Like black friday box, lunar new year containers, etc. 

Anyway, while I was waiting for the refund ticket, I tried 2 other games--Genshin Impact and Cyberpunk 2077. Both of them are much better games than this one. Do you try anything new this week?

• Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 5

[-PVE-]
Members
294 posts
13,610 battles

Never gamble what you can't lose. I have not bought a box of any type since 2016 when the chance was much better. 

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,683 posts
23,744 battles
8 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

So this santa event is a big scandal for WG, and they refuse to change rigged containers. We can expect same rigged santa containers next year.

I am actually wondering, are other types of containers also rigged? Like black friday box, lunar new year containers, etc. 

Anyway, while I was waiting for the refund ticket, I tried 2 other games--Genshin Impact and Cyberpunk 2077. Both of them are much better games than this one. Do you try anything new this week?

Did you actually expect "rare" ships and high tier ships to drop at the same rate as, say Tier V BB's? 

This event has not changed since the first year except that duplicate drops were ended in 2019. 

[A-D-F]
Members
2,112 posts
7,630 battles
9 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Legacy of the Dragonborn.

[GGWP]
Members
7,204 posts
16,669 battles
19 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

I am actually wondering, are other types of containers also rigged? Like black friday box, lunar new year  

Yeah, the black Friday crates are rigged, there is only a chance of getting a black ship. 

• Funny 4
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,100 posts
6,069 battles
20 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

I had every prem CV and went for the airdrop crates during the summer sale for Enterprise and got five boxes of det flags.

I'm honestly convinced the boxes are rigged and wargaming uses player data/spending habits to shift the odds to keep you buying. 

If I had gotten Enterprise, the likelihood of me going for Santa crates plummets to zero, they know I want the boat due to my data...I play CV...

Once you understand how you can use/abuse customer data everything this company does makes perfect sense. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
108 posts
15,680 battles

If you consider anything less than a 100% chance of the exact ship you want dropping to be rigged, then yes, they are rigged.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[WORX]
Members
11,910 posts
19,455 battles
1 hour ago, Lancelot0001 said:

The only changes I see from this dust up... No more partner live stream... After seeing people acting a fool, in the Santa  event  is "rigged" on the virazon event chat...

Next years promotion, will probably not be so generous as this years. Why was this years event was more generous the the previous years ? The math behind it..

Mark the date of this post... Unfavorable changes will be made thanks to this "Rigged' narrative.

Edited by Navalpride33

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,819 battles

:cap_haloween:

Dude, everything is rigged.

The game is DESIGNED to get you to spend money. This is how free2play games work.

Welcome to the digital age.

-----------------------------------------

I am pondering using some of my steam money to purchase an AGEOD game on the Russian Civil War...or maybe I won't. Gaming time is getting less frequent these days.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,509 posts
18,094 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Unfavorable changes will be made thanks to this "Rigged' narrative.

While this is certainly possible I don't think War Gaming would put less content into these crates, considering the negative attention they're currently receiving. I'm only basing that on how they set up the Puerto Rico event compared to the subsequent dockyard events.

I'm quite sure they're selling a lot of these crates, I'm hoping not as many as in previous years, but I bet it it's a bunch. Other than the previously mentioned issue concerning Verizon with the event and negative customer response, I think that WG will just continue with business as usual concerning the selling of the Santa crates. Unless they see a discernible lack of purchases compared to previous years and decide they should rework their ship drop algorithm, which they probably won't. 

I know that this is the first time in my four years in the game I won't be purchasing any Santa crates.  

[WORX]
Members
11,910 posts
19,455 battles
20 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

know that this is the first time in my four years in the game I won't be purchasing any Santa crates.  

Casualty of misinformation.... Unfortunately.

If you wanted to spend on Santa crates then its a choice...

But buying Santa crates and then say its "rigged" narrative  only to  purposely go get a refund... Changes will be made, its not going to be pretty changes either.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
4,321 posts
3,255 battles

I haven't tried Cyberpunk yet, but I have played Genshen some. I can tell you Genshen is much more predatory in its wish system than WG ever was, and its mini games frustrate me to no end. The overall mechanics are pretty good' if you're not into waifus this is not your game. 

[DALE]
Members
50 posts
10,946 battles

For the black Friday containers, on my alt account I was very much hoping for the JB. I spent the 40$ on the crates that looked like sea mines, (i think they were the highest tier ones you could get) and I think that got me 8 of them if I'm remembering correctly, from those 8 I got 28 days premium time, 7500 dubs, bunch of flags and paint, and the Kaga with the JB, I was very happy with that hall considering that the JB alone in the shop is $77. On my primary account I spent the same on the mega Santa's, and was very disappointed. Not because I was looking for a particular ship, (I have all the rare ones that everyone covets except the Musashi but I don't really want it) but I was looking for coal, a lot of it, because i want to get the Thunderer. In the Santa containers I only got flags and camo. That being said I am very aware that regardless of what I "want" from these containers I'm not owed any of it, and I except that risk anytime I do these. The odds are only going to go down drastically in the future as more prem ships are released, and the draw pool gets larger and larger, so it's a mathematical certainty. 

[SIM]
Members
5,578 posts
9,007 battles

Cries about WG gacha crates, champions Gacha Impact. Just leave, we don’t need hypocrites. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,263 posts
9,832 battles

Genshin impact? Yeah pal you must not have played it very long. It’s as predatory gacha as it gets. 

[AZUR1]
Members
184 posts
4,268 battles
3 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Genshin impact? Yeah pal you must not have played it very long. It’s as predatory gacha as it gets. 

Yea, I played it for about 10 hrs so far.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,263 posts
9,832 battles
2 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Yea, I played it for about 10 hrs so far.

Give it some more time. You’ll figure it out.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
207 posts
1,576 battles
2 hours ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Wait you're joking right? Cyberpunk 2077 frame rates are so bugged right now they're calling parts of the game "slide shows". That's only the surface of the bugs found so far with that game. 

[KILL]
Members
1,012 posts
11,536 battles
6 hours ago, Mykawa said:

Never gamble what you can't lose. I have not bought a box of any type since 2016 when the chance was much better. 

Actually that and, never gamble when the odds are hidden from you.   It's a certainty it's for good reason (greed) and not to your benefit.

[-PVE-]
Members
294 posts
13,610 battles
2 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Actually that and, never gamble when the odds are hidden from you.   It's a certainty it's for good reason (greed) and not to your benefit.

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
8 hours ago, Lancelot0001 said:

I fired up That Other Game from the Russian Snail Company to play my Cowell (premium Fletcher) and lo and behold, next update we're getting a real live battle cruiser, HMS Invincible herself, available to research. Grinding research points this week. Can't wait. :Smile_playing: