You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Penguinattack27

Asking for advice for on Lexington

8 comments in this topic

Members
59 posts
867 battles

The title is pretty self explanatory. After grinding down the American cv line from Langley I have finally aquired the Blue Ghost. I have upgraded the bombers and have a 4 point captain now along with researching the torpedo bombers, my question is what planes should I spec or should I follow jack of all trades that American carriers, what captain skills and ship upgrades should I get, and are there any need to know tips on lex that I didn’t learn on ranger.

Edited by Penguinattack27

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,461 battles
20 minutes ago, Penguinattack27 said:

The title is pretty self explanatory. After grinding down the American cv line from Langley I have finally aquired the Blue Ghost. I have upgraded the bombers and have a 4 point captain now along with researching the torpedo bombers, my question is what planes should I spec or should I follow jack of all trades that American carriers, what captain skills and ship upgrades should I get, and are there any need to know tips on lex that I didn’t learn on ranger.

Ouch, a 4 point captain is going to be hard to be successful when going against tier 10 ships...

Captain skills:

Air Supremacy

Improved Engines

Survivability Expert

Aircraft Armor

Improved Engine Boost

Torpedo Acceleration

Demolition Expert

Sight Stabilization (meta) Concealment Expert (meta) or Advanced Firing Training (secondary troll for DDs).

Ship Upgrades:

Air Groups Mod 1

Aircraft Engines Mod 1

Torpedo or Attack Aircraft Mod 1 (meta, pick which aircraft you want longer attack time with) OR Secondary Battery Mod 1 (to troll enemy DDs).

Bombers Mod 2

Flight Control Mod 1 OR Concealment System Mod

You will want to upgrade all planes, but use the HVARs over the Tiny Tims because of the aiming reticle changes...

[WOLFC]
Members
6,101 posts
17,230 battles
1 hour ago, Penguinattack27 said:

After grinding down the American cv line from Langley I have finally aquired the Blue Ghost.

A minor point - “Blue Ghost” was the nickname attached to the Essex-class CV-16 USS Lexington. CV-2 Lexington, her namesake, is the ship represented in game (actually modeled after her sister Saratoga).

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
59 posts
867 battles
11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

A minor point - “Blue Ghost” was the nickname attached to the Essex-class CV-16 USS Lexington. CV-2 Lexington, her namesake, is the ship represented in game (or more accurately, her sister Saratoga).

Oh, Well it still sounds cool, Battlecruiser Blue Ghost it is !

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ouch, a 4 point captain is going to be hard to be successful when going against tier 10 ships...

Captain skills:

Air Supremacy

Improved Engines

Survivability Expert

Aircraft Armor

Improved Engine Boost

Torpedo Acceleration

Demolition Expert

Sight Stabilization (meta) Concealment Expert (meta) or Advanced Firing Training (secondary troll for DDs).

Ship Upgrades:

Air Groups Mod 1

Aircraft Engines Mod 1

Torpedo or Attack Aircraft Mod 1 (meta, pick which aircraft you want longer attack time with) OR Secondary Battery Mod 1 (to troll enemy DDs).

Bombers Mod 2

Flight Control Mod 1 OR Concealment System Mod

You will want to upgrade all planes, but use the HVARs over the Tiny Tims because of the aiming reticle changes...

Thanks For the Tips !! Much appreciated, also would it be acceptable to swap out torpedo aircraft mod 1 for aerial torpedo mod 1 ?

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,461 battles
45 minutes ago, Penguinattack27 said:

Thanks For the Tips !! Much appreciated, also would it be acceptable to swap out torpedo aircraft mod 1 for aerial torpedo mod 1 ?

Sure thing.

You can swap out for aerial torpedo mod...you gain 2 knots of speed on the torpedo...from 40 knots to 42 knots.

None of the mods in slot 3 are really all that powerful, IMO. You could choose any of them and be fine.

I like to play a little closer to the front lines, so I chose Secondary Battery Mod 1 in that slot. Others swear by giving the attack planes longer time so that they can hunt DDs more easily. Others use the extra torpedo attack time to take advantage of the reduced AA damage taken while in the run...or to utilize the mouse aiming 'bug/feature' to be able to curve in and hit more accurately.

For looking at builds, I prefer the following website to play around with...gives you a bunch of the 'what happens if I mount this module or captain skill' answers.

https://wowsft.com/ship

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Members
59 posts
867 battles
10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Sure thing.

You can swap out for aerial torpedo mod...you gain 2 knots of speed on the torpedo...from 40 knots to 42 knots.

None of the mods in slot 3 are really all that powerful, IMO. You could choose any of them and be fine.

I like to play a little closer to the front lines, so I chose Secondary Battery Mod 1 in that slot. Others swear by giving the attack planes longer time so that they can hunt DDs more easily. Others use the extra torpedo attack time to take advantage of the reduced AA damage taken while in the run...or to utilize the mouse aiming 'bug/feature' to be able to curve in and hit more accurately.

For looking at builds, I prefer the following website to play around with...gives you a bunch of the 'what happens if I mount this module or captain skill' answers.

https://wowsft.com/ship

Thanks

[1H8ML]
Members
129 posts
1,075 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Personally I wouldnt go for any attack time boosts since they‘re a double edged sword

Also I recommend Tiny Tims over Hvars since all you’ll be hitting with the new attack planes nerf is ganna be battleships