You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Don't Screw Up On The Advent Like I Did

20 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
269 posts
10,388 battles

When you go to the calendar and click the first button for the day, you then have to click the button again that says "receive" to ACTUALLY get your gift. 

image.png.cc169a20bdbb4bf4641258c7e16cf136.png

Only then does it change to received:

image.png.e4ed79e10c971fde044b1c6a7590e9c8.png

I missed out on the first three days of rewards because I did not notice the missing "d" from the button.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,917 posts
16,596 battles

I hope you also remember to get the free daily bundle in the Armory...:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
7 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I hope you also remember to get the free daily bundle in the Armory...:Smile_hiding:

The what now?! 

Ugh. 

I know I'm hanging on too tight when having to scavenger hunt for free stuff scattered randomly across an already confusing UI is aggravating. I should probably go eat a snickers. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
855 posts
7,051 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

So WG creates a virtual Advent Calendar to give us free stuff and you guys complain that it functions like the real thing?  The "two clicks" represent (1) opening the day's advent box/pouch to see what you won and (2) taking it from the box.  Yes, of course "two clicks" is so overcomplicated  SMH

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,208 posts
10,466 battles
4 minutes ago, missile742 said:

So WG creates a virtual Advent Calendar to give us free stuff and you guys complain that it functions like the real thing?  The "two clicks" represent (1) opening the day's advent box/pouch to see what you won and (2) taking it from the box.  Yes, of course "two clicks" is so overcomplicated  SMH

It is not the two clicks that is complicated, it is knowing you need two clicks.  And I haven't missed out on any yet.  But if you want to give out some free stuff AND prime the pump with a few free santa crates, you want to make it as simple as possible, because now people (like shown above) aren't going to get the free prime the pump crates.

It is counterproductive to Wargamming.  

• Boring 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
35 minutes ago, missile742 said:

The "two clicks" represent (1) opening the day's advent box/pouch to see what you won and (2) taking it from the box.  Yes, of course "two clicks" is so overcomplicated  SMH

Okay so it makes perfect sense to you that you would open an advent calendar and not take whatever was inside? Excellent- a baker's dozen of hero cookies is inbound. 

For the rest of us who think it's idiotic to not just open the door and get the thing... well we're going to complain about it because that's what we do. 

• Boring 1

Members
1,027 posts
1,424 battles
6 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

so it makes perfect sense to you that you would open an advent calendar and not take whatever was inside?

if it contained a combat mission I might not want it.

Or frosty fir tree-that's one "camo" I do NOT want.

Edited by black_hull4
  • Boring 1

[TFFOX]
Members
986 posts
2,199 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

ive been getting both every day

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,831 posts

In the day before computers old ladies carefully cut coupons for sale. Along with the green stamps. (This is like two or three generations before some of you were alive) run to the store to grab it. When 1000 people want a type of butter its sold out until the next truck next week. All gone. Never mind today's covid bare shelving.

So today I sit carefully like a hawk going over the so called avent and new stuff at armory and god knows what else. Gathering a little of this a little of that. Quest. Gather. World of gathering stuff. =)

If you go a month without logging in? And its gone. I suppose a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Members
3,669 posts
42,633 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

The what now?! 

Ugh. 

I know I'm hanging on too tight when having to scavenger hunt for free stuff scattered randomly across an already confusing UI is aggravating. I should probably go eat a snickers. 

Sometimes I randomly click over a Wooster with my AP bombers and get citadels. Best present ever.

*Wooster players......"uuuuuuuhhhhh!""

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,677 posts

Lol- as usual my timing is perfect!    Get new laptop and begin the long arduous download process.  (hey I gotta work!  I can't simply just babysit a 40 freaking gig download...)   WG immediately releases update with a bunch of cool- and time sensitive stuff.

I went and got up to date with the Advent calendar yesterday.   Missed the first 2 days- they timed out-but I'm on top of it now.   Since I don't actually have the game on this comp yet, I can't do the missions for extra free swag- or go to the armory for the free daily bundle.    Pretty sure I'm also going to be so far behind that I won't be able to finish the mission for the free French BB in time, either.

Boogers!!

Members
3,669 posts
42,633 battles
3 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Lol- as usual my timing is perfect!    Get new laptop and begin the long arduous download process.  (hey I gotta work!  I can't simply just babysit a 40 freaking gig download...)   WG immediately releases update with a bunch of cool- and time sensitive stuff.

I went and got up to date with the Advent calendar yesterday.   Missed the first 2 days- they timed out-but I'm on top of it now.   Since I don't actually have the game on this comp yet, I can't do the missions for extra free swag- or go to the armory for the free daily bundle.    Pretty sure I'm also going to be so far behind that I won't be able to finish the mission for the free French BB in time, either.

Boogers!!

No, it's not!

Members
196 posts
9,677 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, black_hull4 said:

if it contained a combat mission I might not want it.

Or frosty fir tree-that's one "camo" I do NOT want.

Although garish, it does give good bonuses.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,298 posts
12,775 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 10:58 AM, WarStore said:

Don't forget to also click on Complete the challenge or whatever

this is the one i missed and what I thought the OP was going to refer to. 

**to all those who find this cryptic** there are actually 2 buttons to press each day. the second one is the one that affects the bottom bars progress.. and yea. WG made that one expire too. So click BOTH. 

Members
447 posts
2,719 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, Mister_Tanman said:

When you go to the calendar and click the first button for the day, you then have to click the button again that says "receive" to ACTUALLY get your gift. 

image.png.cc169a20bdbb4bf4641258c7e16cf136.png

Only then does it change to received:

image.png.e4ed79e10c971fde044b1c6a7590e9c8.png

I missed out on the first three days of rewards because I did not notice the missing "d" from the button.

Exhibit No. 2 of "World of Warships: A Game of Careful Reading"

I like bonuses but I'm not a fan of spending my days scouring websites and twitch streams.

[HINON]
Members
13,849 posts
On 12/10/2020 at 9:46 AM, _ENO_ said:

The what now?! 

Ugh. 

I gotcha covered . . .

snickers.gif

• Funny 1