You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Looks like these devs played wows judging by their pvp description.

9 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,873 posts

Check the description below I think the devs of that game played wows and liked ocean map a lot hehe.

...combat is a personal affair with no dirty tricks, corner camping, or hiding in bushes: you see the enemy from 20km and so do they. Just like in boxing you have to get close; and use all your tactical knowledge of wind, your ship to slug it out face to face. Broadside weight matters, but even a smaller vessel can overcome the superior enemy by focusing on the enemy weak spots.

looks like they hate campers and islands lol.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,721 battles
...combat is a personal affair with no dirty tricks, corner camping, or hiding in bushes:*

*unless you're a CV. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
37 minutes ago, Taichunger said:
...combat is a personal affair with no dirty tricks, corner camping, or hiding in bushes:*

*unless you're a CV. 

There is more bushes now for sure.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

No dirty tricks in combat? That's not how it works in my neighborhood.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,199 posts
12,101 battles

.... even in early 2015 when the game was still in testing that description didn't fit. Detroyers were basically designed around ambush tactics, could invisifire even without smoke, and IJN torps hadn't been way overnerfed causing BB's dread, some cruisers could stealthfire, USN was noted for it's arc to try and use islands by players even then, Battleships on occasion would even use island cover or ambush tactics, the only one really forced to play fair was CV's because they couldn't actually ambush you they to either stagger attacks for DoT for max effectiveness or group planes to straight up overwhelm AA - which depending on ship wasn't hard at times due to wargaming's still terrible AA balance, with the one asterisk being the bull that was manual drops added because of fools who wanted 'more action' in CV's and kept due to stubbornness and people defending it as 'requiring skill' to hit targets at point blank range or with more accurate bombs as opposed to near 3-5 km out and less accurate bombs. 

They've also clearly never watched boxing when they say that hitting a weak spot isn't playing dirty and never been in a fight if they think that fights are fair. Look, in something like boxing, the Olympics, etc, sure, they have rules and have a code of honor. Beyond someone like me who has certain personal things like not using manual drops as a CV player unless my hand is forced (red CV was abusing it or team losing bad) this is a street fight as far as the game goes. Yeah, my grandfather taught me how to throw a punch cause he boxed when he was younger, but given the behavior of the bullies and at times numbers they brought, I relied more on my mother and her mother from Belfast advice - if it's not nailed down it's a weapon, aim anywhere that's sensitive, screw the schools rules knock their 'butt' (because I'm sure WG will censor the UK version of the other word) out or break a couple bones long as your not coming home bloodied anymore and maybe they stop since the school won't stop them". 

Sure, I have a lines i won't cross in game, out right cheating and exploiting clearly broken mechanics that need fixing if I can help it like alt attacks from RTS CV's, but I don't come anywhere close to playing fair. I use stealth attacks, I ambush people, I look for the ship I know can't fight mine, hell, the reason I spend half my time screwing around still trying to win but way more chill about it as opposed to when I'm knocking out missions is that I DON'T want want a 60% WR - because I know people are morons and will overly rely on a colour coded system mod they install in their game to determine a players threat level and I want them assuming I'm a potato so they get careless and stupid only for me to angle my cruiser just right, and be their battleship in a 5 km brawl when they had near full health and I had 50% health resulting in the so skilled 60% player calling me a hacker. This game isn't pistols at dawn ,and while there is things to be said about balance of ships and all which should be fair, how we use them is anything but. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,770 posts
5,414 battles

I love flat ocean maps. It eliminates convoluted thinking as if I am off Eastern Greece in the Agean. Its nice to be on the rolling main for once.

The problems begin where you only have about 50 miles by 50 miles of game ocean to sail in. Combat is not necessarily just 20 minutes. I usually play the long game. I am patient and can wait.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
788 posts
4,952 battles
3 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

.... even in early 2015 when the game was still in testing that description didn't fit.

I'm not sure that description was for WoWs, it sounds like some kind of age of sail game

• Cool 1