You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Time to step up your game WG, the competition is becoming fierce.

49 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
5,988 posts
4,946 battles

As there is Coca Cola vs Pepsi, PC vs Apple and Burger King vs Mc Donalds, we have WG vs those other Russian guys... and as it happens those other guys are developing a new game mode called Battlegroup. It is worth taking a peek, it really looks interesting and ambitious in its scope. 

I´m faithful to Coke, spite Apple and prefer BK any time, also enjoy WoWs a lot and I have never been interested in "those other games" but now they are taking the lead in making more interesting, deep and varied game modes. I'm being tempted, and in my humble opinion the game urgently need fresh content in the form of new game modes, More ships,  CVs, Subs, etc are Ok but it is still the same park to play in. I would really like to have different game modes to use and enjoy all the cool stuff I have unlocked, get inmersed in long lasting forms of gameplay. Grinding, as a precept of gaming is turning stale, I would suggest start planing a complementary business model. 

I know you surely have something planned, Key Battles was a really interesting concept and I hope you end up implementing at least some of the ideas. I want to keep playing the game in the years to come, you have a lot of possibilities and room to expand and improve, but you need to keep it interesting and tbh CVs and Subs are not that interesting, considering we will still be playing them on the old 12 vs 12 format. As I said, the competition is taking the lead, and they are tempting me (as a long term gamer) to look their way.

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,316 posts
5,801 battles

Unless those other Russian guys are going to make bigger maps it doesn't matter.  Their maps are so small that armor is pretty much irrelevant against like types of ships.

[SALVO]
Members
5,988 posts
4,946 battles
8 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Unless those other Russian guys are going to make bigger maps it doesn't matter.  Their maps are so small that armor is pretty much irrelevant against like types of ships.

That map was huuuge... Phly Daily has a video on it if you like to check it out

• Cool 3

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles
28 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

As there is Coca Cola vs Pepsi, PC vs Apple and Burger King vs Mc Donalds, we have WG vs those other Russian guys... and as it happens those other guys are developing a new game mode called Battlegroup. It is worth taking a peek, it really looks interesting and ambitious in its scope. 

I´m faithful to Coke, spite Apple and prefer BK any time, also enjoy WoWs a lot and I have never been interested in "those other games" but now they are taking the lead in making more interesting, deep and varied game modes. I'm being tempted, and in my humble opinion the game urgently need fresh content in the form of new game modes, More ships,  CVs, Subs, etc are Ok but it is still the same park to play in. I would really like to have different game modes to use and enjoy all the cool stuff I have unlocked, get inmersed in long lasting forms of gameplay. Grinding, as a precept of gaming is turning stale, I would suggest start planing a complementary business model. 

I know you surely have something planned, Key Battles was a really interesting concept and I hope you end up implementing at least some of the ideas. I want to keep playing the game in the years to come, you have a lot of possibilities and room to expand and improve, but you need to keep it interesting and tbh CVs and Subs are not that interesting, considering we will still be playing them on the old 12 vs 12 format. As I said, the competition is taking the lead, and they are tempting me (as a long term gamer) to look their way.

Are you going to enjoy the new game modes?  Perhaps something similar to what we've seen in the past during April Fools and Halloween on a more permanent basis?  If your answer is yes, then their answer is no.  You aren't meant to enjoy this game, you're meant to endure it. 

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,988 posts
4,946 battles
4 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Are you going to enjoy the new game modes?  Perhaps something similar to what we've seen in the past during April Fools and Halloween on a more permanent basis?  If your answer is yes, then their answer is no.  You aren't meant to enjoy this game, you're meant to endure it. 

They need to revamp their business model and monetization schemes, poor Operations for example were a great idea but fell victim of the business model. As long as they remain maniacally fixated on reducing all the business to Random T8+, the window for innovation becomes really small.

• Cool 3

[M_OTS]
Members
2 posts
253 battles
8 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Perhaps something similar to what we've seen in the past during April Fools and Halloween on a more permanent basis? 

I believe he is speaking of larger map, more ships per side, longer game play along with different scoring methods. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,988 posts
4,946 battles
Just now, Singularity_invader said:

What a coincidence that both companies are headquartered in Cyprus....

Taxes and regulations :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[PT]
Members
972 posts
3,000 battles

I always enjoyed the other Russians boat game. Fun and very fast. Although.. the same as WoWs, aircraft can be problematic. At least if you're accurate you can shoot them down en mass instead of relying on a glitch auto AA.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,345 posts
9,637 battles
44 minutes ago, Mudd_I_Am said:

I believe he is speaking of larger map, more ships per side, longer game play along with different scoring methods. 

Basically make WoWS the NavyField 2 that should have been...

• Cool 1

Members
3,431 posts
6,918 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

THANKS for the head's up on this upcoming new mod game.  Demo looks good!!

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles
1 hour ago, Mudd_I_Am said:

I was just giving examples, but I think everyone wants more variety.

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hmm....VERY interesting......

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Thanks for the post, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Members
474 posts
10,083 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

I always enjoyed the other Russians boat game. Fun and very fast. Although.. the same as WoWs, aircraft can be problematic. At least if you're accurate you can shoot them down en mass instead of relying on a glitch auto AA.

Look up and watch Iron Armenian's "63 Torpedo Planes vs. Battleship" (actually a Prinz Eugen) on YouTube. You only get to shoot them down when your boat is small enough or you get to manually control AA guns.

Edited by Singularity_invader

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,720 battles

They need to revamp their business model and monetization schemes, poor Operations for example were a great idea but fell victim of the business model. As long as they remain maniacally fixated on reducing all the business to Random T8+, the window for innovation becomes really small.

Pretty good summary. The devs' obsession with T10 is murdering the game. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

I played the PT boats when they first came out, and it was fun,
but I started looking at the planes in my collection and remembered that the grind
was worse than this game.
In the modern era, all you have to grind for is cosmetics, and that seems more reasonable.
If you get sidetracked by something like, real life, you haven't lost a lot.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,338 battles
1 hour ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

Ironically isn't this made by a bunch of fans rather than directly by WG's Snail Based Evil/Good Twin?

if a bunch of fans made that, then im extremely impressed with their creativity

[KNCOL]
Members
814 posts
2,029 battles

What other competition? Only thing I can think of is ultimate admiral dreadnoughts which is still in alpha (looks like it has lot of potential but I'm still waiting for them to update the ship designer)

• Meh 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts

I don't believe devs make the calls. Devs build the game. I'm sure they have to inform those who do make the calls (management) what they can and cannot do within the confines of the current game's structure. IOW, if they utter the words "yes but" I suspect the final answer delivered to management is "Yes!" But I doubt very much they have any control over the actual implementation of the game. 

You ever read Dilbert? 

I suspect deep down inside the dev staff are individuals who abhor the directions the game has taken, would prefer it to be something more akin to what the players want but they have family, financial reasons to zip it and do as instructed. No doubt they also are trying to learn as much as they can while they can for as long as they can before finding other employment. If such things are possible within their sphere of developing/working on game software. 

Far too often it seems, "devs" catch the blame for things; in reality, they are most likely (given how the world works) doing what they've been told to do. 

I vote we stop blaming devs and put the focus where it belongs. yacks. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,298 battles
8 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I always enjoyed the other Russians boat game. Fun and very fast. Although.. the same as WoWs, aircraft can be problematic.

The plane spam in that game is beyond awful.  I played tanks in that game for quite a while.  But left when I'd had more than my share of getting plane spammed in "Ground Forces" mode.  If you don't like being the target of CV spam here, you'll really hate it there.  I did see a video from one of their CC's that said they tried (for one week) a strictly tank only mode without planes.  Had I known of it in advance I'd have updated the game and played the daylights out of it.  The rare plane-free games there were quite enjoyable.  Once out of the bottom tiers, planes in that game (when playing tanks at least) are "hand of god" death dealers.  

Members
70 posts
2,588 battles

Sounds interesting. Competition is good. Speaking of competition, WoW lost out as far as my wallet is concerned. The WoW share of my holiday gaming dollars went to WOT, and the pickin's were good. Boxes yielded twice the "investment".