You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

"Fine" and "balanced".....

90 comments in this topic

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles

Femmennenly playing the Wooster The result.....

...108 planes shot down by her. 147 in total by her side.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 3

[CLUMP]
Members
1,202 posts
1,505 battles

Still won though and plus CV was so busy losing planes to her the team was able concentrated on the others :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,740 posts
7,281 battles

With all the terrible things Fem did to me with RTS CVs in years past... I'd have probably focused her in a CV just for the [edited] and giggles...  :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles

Titled wrong. Should be "Extremely stupid CV throws planes at an AA cruiser rather than simply sinking it".

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
791 posts
4,957 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

Still won though and plus CV was so busy losing planes to her the team was able concentrated on the others :Smile_hiding:

What a ridiculous statement. Why would I care if other players aren't being bullied by the CV? I'm not having fun, and that's what matters. 

CV-Ship interaction is fundamentally unfun, not a good thing in a video game

Edited by PotatoMD
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,781 posts
2,653 battles

What an absolutely idiotic response.

I've "won" matches where I was dev struck in the first few minutes.  Doesnt mean I had fun.

"Duurrrrrr gayme balence doeznt mattur as lowng az u win duurrrrrrr"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles
1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

With all the terrible things Fem did to me with RTS CVs in years past... I'd have probably focused her in a CV just for the [edited] and giggles...  :Smile_izmena:

I suspect that this is exactly what's happened :)

Edited by Bandi73

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles
33 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Titled wrong. Should be "Extremely stupid CV throws planes at an AA cruiser rather than simply sinking it".

Duly noted:).

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Ok, and?

And...what? As per the title, Cv's are "fine" and  "balanced" And they are a "source of absolute joy and fun"  

[CO-OP]
Members
2,338 posts
26,840 battles
13 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

I suspect that this is exactly what's happened :)

I don't think so.  The Hak didn't really start sending aircraft to her until she started capping A.  At this point Fem was getting close enough to lay fire on the Hak, so it may have been a matter of trying to kill Fem before she killed the Hak.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,202 posts
1,505 battles
1 hour ago, PotatoMD said:

What a ridiculous statement. Why would I care if other players aren't being bullied by the CV? I'm not having fun, and that's what matters. 

CV-Ship interaction is fundamentally unfun, not a good thing in a video game

1 hour ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What an absolutely idiotic response.

I've "won" matches where I was dev struck in the first few minutes.  Doesnt mean I had fun.

"Duurrrrrr gayme balence doeznt mattur as lowng az u win duurrrrrrr"

She did over 100k damage and killed 3 ships made 1.1 million silver got a combined total of 35k exp :Smile_popcorn:She had such a  horrible match oh the poor dear :Smile_teethhappy: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Funny 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles

She did over 100k damage and killed 3 ships made 1.1 million silver got a combined total of 35k exp :Smile_popcorn:She had such a  horrible match oh the poor dear :Smile_teethhappy: 

Lol. Who said that she didn't played well? Who said the economy in wows is B.s?  Everybody cry about their Cv's being deplaned and whatnot How you respond  that player was basically throwing planes at her. 147 planes shot down. By all means an aircraft factory not an aircraft ..."carrier" 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,781 posts
2,653 battles

She was in a tier 10 AA cruiser, shot down over 100 planes, and still died to a decidedly mediocre CV player.

Fair and balanced.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
899 posts
7,074 battles

So what's you're complaint, without the sarcasm because you've said before you're straightforward?

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

So what's you're complaint, without the sarcasm because you've said before you're straightforward?

Erm...are you asking me? Well I don't know, proper implementation of Cv's? 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
899 posts
7,074 battles
13 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Erm...are you asking me? Well I don't know, proper implementation of Cv's? 

Such as?

Limited number of planes? how many?

EDIT:

Also,

What are you seeing here between this Wooster and the Hak? 

As an example, I see a really good Wooster, absolutely wrecking. I see a Hak that should have been moving and targeting something else.

You say that it's not fun and engaging, that looks pretty cool to be dodging like that. I see satisfaction in making that Hak completely useless to his team once he couldn't move out from there. 

Edited by Merc_R_Us
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,275 posts
2,420 battles
10 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Such as?

Such as? Hmmm....... removal of spotting by planes to the team completely, not even minimap. Tying the aircraft production to the hull';s HP  either by a second health bar or by slowing down aircraft production and in the mean time the implementation of a consumable that will accelerate said production at the expense of the hull's health or at that of a second health bar. How about those? 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,725 posts

To quote Fem "I just want to say that I've been pretty good at getting rid of the planes. Like they've been annoying, don't get me wrong, but it's not like I haven't been able to get rid of them." Then she takes out the CV. She would have survived by she had lost her hitpoints to surface ships, not to the CV per se.

From what I've read, as I don't have one to get the numbers directly, the "Hak" can have a max of 110 planes. However, this is never seen in actual battles because not all the planes start regenerating immediately. A lot of those team plane kills were fighters.

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles

Looks like it started out as a typical match. She played Wooster very well hugging the islands and delivering fire support where available.

She was opportunistic. But that is her style. She does know how to activate sectors and perform evasive action.

That CV player probably spent way too long trying to drop her because they kept missing with torpedoes and most of the bombs. The rockets hit some, but not nearly as effective.

You also have to factor in the storm.

I wouldn't say the Hakuryu player was inadequate to the task, but just a bit prideful of the fact that it is Fem and she does shoot down the bombers effectively. I would say that the Hakuryu player is indeed a very skilled and competent player because their drops that I saw were deadly accurate. It's just that Fem moved her Wooster to evade most of those deadly drops. That CV player is very Good. They just got fuming mad at themselves for not sinking Fem's ship. I would be too were I in their shoes. It's the heat of the moment.

I sail Hakuryu and I know the frustrations of attacking a slippery target. If I can't get it in two runs where its essentially heavily damaged then I hit other targets. It's the responsibility of a CV player to support the team on critical targets that affect a push.

I would only hit a Wooster if I know I could get away with a it. Otherwise, I just spot it to death. But again , storm, nobody could see. She took advantage of that. 

The best opportunity to hit a Wooster is when it ducks in-between islands. AP bombs would be easy there. Otherwise, open water and at full speed it would be tricky. I could do it, but you better be dancing down there.

Torpedoes takes some finesse and Fem knows what kind of drop that would entail so I wouldn't attempt an open water drop. She shows in the video the evasive action involved. Many players should be studying this as open water Woosters against a CV can be a challenge and Fem best exemplifies what it takes to execute properly the means to survive.

She legit shot down planes from a frustrated competent CV player that just wanted to best her,  but she bested them.

We should recognize the achievement for what it is, amazing.

That is definitely some serious skill.

:cap_cool:

• Thanks 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,450 posts
21,671 battles
9 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Lol. Who said that she didn't played well? Who said the economy in wows is B.s?  Everybody cry about their Cv's being deplaned and whatnot How you respond  that player was basically throwing planes at her. 147 planes shot down. By all means an aircraft factory not an aircraft ..."carrier" 

Thanks God there are not infinite planes

[7AES]
Members
2,163 posts
33,460 battles
7 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Such as?

Such as, the regeneration for aircraft needs to be much more punitive than it is.

I’m not advocating de-planing CVs rather they might just have to wait a bit longer to launch after losing planes either because they are reckless or encounter strong AA.

Surface ships can lose turrets and torpedoes , temporarily or permanently, through no fault of their own. Why should CVs be any different?

That simple change would go a long way in balancing, IMO.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
899 posts
7,074 battles
7 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Such as? Hmmm....... removal of spotting by planes to the team completely, not even minimap. Tying the aircraft production to the hull';s HP  either by a second health bar or by slowing down aircraft production and in the mean time the implementation of a consumable that will accelerate said production at the expense of the hull's health or at that of a second health bar. How about those? 

I'd be very interested if they tested the no spotting. Not just internally but everyone gets to.

So your saying if the ships hull loses hp, I s ability to reproduce planes gets affected?

Not sure about a second health bar.

_____