Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shaneduce

USS Flint

16 comments in this topic

[2GOOD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
59 posts
10,949 battles

I went to the Armory to buy the USS Flint and could not find it. Is it not in the normal Prem. shop ship section?

Members
4,321 posts
3,255 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

She's at the bottom of the featured tab in the armory and you cannot use a coupon on her.

I believe you can use a coupon next month when the next patch drops so bear that in mind

[WORX]
Members
11,905 posts
19,455 battles
6 minutes ago, shaneduce said:

I went to the Armory to buy the USS Flint and could not find it. Is it not in the normal Prem. shop ship section?

She is there, way at the bottom.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,149 posts
10,511 battles

You also might want to wait until after the proposed captain skill rework in ~2 months time. Small gun cruisers like Flint are losing the range boost from AFT, which  means she’ll be stuck with 11.1km range. WG may buff the range to compensate, but that’s not a sure thing.

[2GOOD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
59 posts
10,949 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

She's at the bottom of the featured tab in the armory and you cannot use a coupon on her.

Thanks bro, I all ready used mine this summer to get the Thunder (OMG what a LONG range HE spammer). Ever salvo I set at least one fire. Almost 70% fire chance is disgusting l0l :cap_book:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,149 posts
10,511 battles
6 minutes ago, shaneduce said:

Thanks bro, I all ready used mine this summer to get the Thunder (OMG what a LONG range HE spammer). Ever salvo I set at least one fire. Almost 70% fire chance is disgusting l0l :cap_book:

Have you tried her AP? The HE is good but the AP is monstrous: 8x457mm with “supercrusier” dispersion = :cap_haloween:

Edited by Nevermore135

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,913 posts

On Flint, I suggest waiting to see if WG goes through with the Skill Rebork -- loss of AFT and BFT cripples the ship. 

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
997 posts
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

On Flint, I suggest waiting to see if WG goes through with the Skill Rebork -- loss of AFT and BFT cripples the ship. 

...like it's not bad enough after the HE/armor changes.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,299 posts
22,482 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

You also might want to wait until after the proposed captain skill rework in ~2 months time. Small gun cruisers like Flint are losing the range boost from AFT, which  means she’ll be stuck with 11.1km range. WG may buff the range to compensate, but that’s not a sure thing.

I honestly think that this is blown out of proportion a bit.  I mean Flint's shells say hi to Sputnik on their way to range as it is.....

• Thanks 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,666 battles
1 minute ago, Warped_1 said:

I honestly think that this is blown out of proportion a bit.  I mean Flint's shells say hi to Sputnik on their way to range as it is.....

If you practice, you can hit ships at range. I don't have a problem doing it. But Flint/Atlanta need a fix once the range boost from AFT is lost. Hence, I wouldn't buy Flint until its range is restored.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,299 posts
22,482 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

If you practice, you can hit ships at range. I don't have a problem doing it. But Flint/Atlanta need a fix once the range boost from AFT is lost. Hence, I wouldn't buy Flint until its range is restored.

Agreed....  Frankly not a fan of the ship in any open map anyway ;-)  That said,  when you do land the majority of those shells it's something....

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,913 posts

Maybe if they put the longer barreled 5" guns (see, some of the US BB secondaries) on Atlanta and Flint, to give them a longer flatter arc... 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,149 posts
10,511 battles
53 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

With concealment expert, Flint has a surface detection of 9.6km. Having a maximum gun range of 11.1km (only ~1.5km greater than your concealment) in a ship as squishy as an Atlanta-class is a big deal and severely limits your tactical options. For cruiser in general, space is armor, and the extra 2.1km of firing range from AFT allows you to engage targets from “uncomfortably close” rather than “suicidally close” ranges. With practice, the shell arcs are perfectly workable at 13km.

[BB35]
Members
496 posts
14,150 battles

I'd wait.

IFHE Nerf hurt the Atlanta and Flint pretty badly. Taking BFT from cruisers will cost you a lot of DPM. Taking AFT from cruisers while BUFFING Battleships Secondary Ranges = You're in BB's Secondary range before you can fire your main guns.  Some Atlanta's and Some Flints don't run AFT, but I find AFT on these boats a requirement to give you a chance in a fight since you're always bottom tiered fighting T8's and T9's.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
7 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

I'd wait.

IFHE Nerf hurt the Atlanta and Flint pretty badly. Taking BFT from cruisers will cost you a lot of DPM. Taking AFT from cruisers while BUFFING Battleships Secondary Ranges = You're in BB's Secondary range before you can fire your main guns.  Some Atlanta's and Some Flints don't run AFT, but I find AFT on these boats a requirement to give you a chance in a fight since you're always bottom tiered fighting T8's and T9's.

i was running a very different build in mine for the first ~110 games i had in the Atlanta. My avg damage was 23k, and my survival rate was looowwwww. swapped skills to aft and bft and my damage went up to ~52k avg and i started to survive way more. Its just painful to the point of not being fun or playable. Id made her a port queen before i swapped skills, and with those skills going away, Atlanta, Atlanta "B" and Flint will all be permanent port ships, a shame as they are some of my favorites.

Sign in to follow this