You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Aigle live fast kill fast die fast

5 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles

Hello captains :cap_cool:, here is the Aigle a tier 6 French destroyer which is well below the global win rate she deserves , I can not tell you the last time she has been under 60% win rate with me . I can not remember the last time she has been under 65% for me actually but do not want to sound smug . With French speed and the tier 8 fast reloading torps she is a yolo monster . My youtube channel has a ton of French destroyer gameplay from tier 5-10 playing mostly the same style . Some will say you play too aggressive but the win rate says I play them just fine . If you struggle in these beauties take a look at how I play them . My Youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you find the videos helpful .:cap_rambo: Happy hunting captains . 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,337 posts
23,195 battles

...& the CV wasn't even an issue.

She definitely has great torps but is actually a really strong run & gun shooter...I had more kills in her just gunning stuff down.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
13 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

...& the CV wasn't even an issue.

She definitely has great torps but is actually a really strong run & gun shooter...I had more kills in her just gunning stuff down.

I definitely gun when given the opportunity but up through tier 7 the French dd shell velocity st 700 km makes you farm bbs at distance challenging sometimes...I find using my torps against BBs at close range more efficient...to me its about time efficiency...if I farm BB tears with fire I might live longer but so does he...I aim to cap fight dds and take out what I consider high value targets....like say I'm a tier 6 dd and if I die while taking out a tier 8 dd or tier7/8 BB  I put my team in a better chance to win.....I'm not playing to last the whole game but to put my team.in a position to win....I'll go back to port and start a new game be halfway done with the next game and be high on both xp boards....everyone plays differently...thanks for the comment...good to hear from ya...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,337 posts
23,195 battles
8 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I definitely gun when given the opportunity but up through tier 7 the French dd shell velocity st 700 km makes you farm bbs at distance challenging sometimes...I find using my torps against BBs at close range more efficient...to me its about time efficiency...if I farm BB tears with fire I might live longer but so does he...I aim to cap fight dds and take out what I consider high value targets....like say I'm a tier 6 dd and if I die while taking out a tier 8 dd or tier7/8 BB  I put my team in a better chance to win.....I'm not playing to last the whole game but to put my team.in a position to win....I'll go back to port and start a new game be halfway done with the next game and be high on both xp boards....everyone plays differently...thanks for the comment...good to hear from ya...

I definitely go for the sneak attack (especially against BBs) from behind islands when it presents itself but it's actually Aigle (oops...I meant agile) enough to shoot it out w/cruisers from range...not to mention DDs.

In open water you can even charge BBs (best when you catch them busy w/something else) & dodge your way in range to torp.

That speed is awesome.

Haven't played many games in it but have a 59% WR in it on a 48% WR account. Definitely 1 of the fun ones.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
34 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I definitely go for the sneak attack (especially against BBs) from behind islands when it presents itself but it's actually Aigle (oops...I meant agile) enough to shoot it out w/cruisers from range...not to mention DDs.

In open water you can even charge BBs (best when you catch them busy w/something else) & dodge your way in range to torp.

That speed is awesome.

Haven't played many games in it but have a 59% WR in it on a 48% WR account. Definitely 1 of the fun ones.

I personally think that  its not by accident that I favor Germany / French DDs ..I find both of these have good qualities for playing randoms with less teamwork by the reds...my French speed gets to open isolated bbs....my German dds isolate lone dds with hydro.....in team.play I don't think I'd get away with these things as much but these 2 nations thrive in randoms...