You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
groomsiebelle

Snowflake Event Steel and Coal Tracking

28 comments in this topic

[RST]
Members
612 posts
14,993 battles

For the upcoming snowflake event you can check your possible haul as well as your progress here:

https://whaling.in.fkn.space/

This has been a great site for me in the past to help me track and prioritize my progress. Not my site, but wanted to share the link is up. Enjoy and good luck!!

• Thanks 4

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles

I'm not convinced enough of this site's trustworthiness to give it my password. Yeah, I know it appears to lead to a Wargaming page and login, but clever spoofs have happened before.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,684 battles

Nice website. It links your WG account via the API (just like WoWs-Stats does).

image.thumb.png.904a110c38fbd33997451e230d1cea79.png

You can do the same thing by filtering in the port for ships that have the snowflake but this site might appeal to many.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not convinced enough of this site's trustworthiness to give it my password. Yeah, I know it appears to lead to a Wargaming page and login, but clever spoofs have happened before.

"Wargaming.net only shares your username and link to your profile to third-party websites. No other information such as your email address or password is shared."

[CO-OP]
Members
3,741 posts
37,549 battles

I posted this link yesterday and it was unceremoniously removed with no word as to why, predict the same for this thread. The site as has been pointed out above has been in use for a number of years and indeed has been posted in these Forums in previous years as evidenced by this 

• Thanks 1

[MHG]
Members
621 posts
31,754 battles

For those that have more port slots or even just enough port slots to house all their researched (and premium) ships, this will be a straight forward process through in-game filtering. I have lesser port slots than I'd like, so every snowflake event I end up buying and selling some ships in order to get the flakes off of them all. In particular I have every tech-tree researched to TX (except the Vermont), but only have ships on all lines from T7 and above in my port, with very few T6's. I complete snowflakes for everything in my port and then sell on of the lower tier one, buy one I didn't do, sell it, rinse repeat. I lose credits (50% of the ship cost per such transaction), so I have to keep a track of the ships that are not usually in my port on my own so I'm not buying and selling it more than once, as the filter does not show whether you knocked of a flake on a ship not in you port. I personally use an excel like below, and just highlight all I did, but the website could be useful for some.

image.thumb.png.0054e1b3ea91518c79226eca5e34e4b1.png

[FT]
Members
292 posts
14,295 battles

Wow! Why would you ever give yoru password to a random .space URL? There might not have been any ill effects in the past, but there is no guarantee that they wont be in the future. Even if this site has the best intentions, what protection are they taking to protect you data. 

Please please please be careful. 

Buyer beware!

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

10 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

Wow! Why would you ever give yoru password to a random .space URL? There might not have been any ill effects in the past, but there is no guarantee that they wont be in the future. Even if this site has the best intentions, what protection are they taking to protect you data. 

Please please please be careful. 

Buyer beware!

the site doesn't ask for your password though? just authorise it to refrence WG API same as most if not all stats websites...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
28,002 battles
54 minutes ago, Freelancerinc said:

i personally don't see the purpose of this, i can tell in game which ships still have snowflakes on them :|

If I recall correctly, the site also checks ships you formerly owned, so in case you sold a T8 to buy the T9, it will point out that you could have another untapped flake if you rebuy the T8 and play it. Other than that, it's mostly useful in the same way a workout app is useful, it reminds you that you're earning something as the grind.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
4 hours ago, Freelancerinc said:

i personally don't see the purpose of this, i can tell in game which ships still have snowflakes on them :|

I just used the site yesterday to let me know how much coal/steel/crates I'll be getting this year.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
3,741 posts
37,549 battles
1 hour ago, Freelancerinc said:

Yes you can, but this site shows the total amount of steel/coal/containers available and once the snowflake event starts how much you have harvested. For example a quick visit tells me that if I get all the steel from this years event I will have enough steel to buy Stalingrad if I want her.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,880 battles

Already have my ships on a spreadsheet roster.  This is an unnecessary risk and redundant.

Ships I no longer have ??????

So how do I earn coal/steel on Essex, Tiaho, Hiryu, Independence, Zuiho, and Bogue ????

• Boring 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Just check armory and note the amounts of the coal and steel in top right. No need to bring in buckets of rattlesnakes... (Can of worms)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,334 posts
23,700 battles

Pretty sure this is the same site we have used in the past. It is pretty cool but .... this info is pretty easy do see in port, getting the totals is nice though.

[INTEL]
Members
3,599 posts
23,843 battles
1 hour ago, Freelancerinc said:

It's just an easy look at what's remaining to be farmed in the 3 categories of steel, coal and Gifts, each on their own tab.  Before the event starts I can already see the totals of what I can receive.

I have about 350 ships so my carousel is crowded.  And yes, I can use filtering but this web service very quickly tells me what total amount of resources are left to be farmed and which ships need to be played at a glance.  I don't have to be in the game to see it either.

image.thumb.png.de5fcc433beb59ede7434bc3fe067744.png

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,334 posts
23,700 battles
1 hour ago, OnociTsalk said:

For those that have more port slots or even just enough port slots to house all their researched (and premium) ships, this will be a straight forward process through in-game filtering. I have lesser port slots than I'd like, so every snowflake event I end up buying and selling some ships in order to get the flakes off of them all. In particular I have every tech-tree researched to TX (except the Vermont), but only have ships on all lines from T7 and above in my port, with very few T6's. I complete snowflakes for everything in my port and then sell on of the lower tier one, buy one I didn't do, sell it, rinse repeat. I lose credits (50% of the ship cost per such transaction), so I have to keep a track of the ships that are not usually in my port on my own so I'm not buying and selling it more than once, as the filter does not show whether you knocked of a flake on a ship not in you port. I personally use an excel like below, and just highlight all I did, but the website could be useful for some.

image.thumb.png.0054e1b3ea91518c79226eca5e34e4b1.png

Hmm interesting....

For me I just keep all of them all of the time.

Members
2,768 posts

So... it looks like I have 10 chances to pull a T6 De Grasse, and +4 more if the tech tree ships go on sale before of during the event.

SantaT10s.thumb.jpg.612f43b3240b8e2af2306c9d3d182de7.jpg

Remember when WG was generous and this would have been 11 "super"containers (2 for the special Moskva)? I feel bad for newer players that missed the chance for beefing up their navies with these (now gone) generous events.

[WOLF2]
Members
790 posts
33,361 battles

I'm low tech, just do in spreadsheet: 40 santa, 5760 steel, 38778 coal, clan bonus included.