Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Forum page loading

6 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
888 posts
17,075 battles

For the past month the forum page is not loading correctly on Google Chrome. I have emptied the cache etc many times and still the same. No pics just words and very hard to follow. I downloaded Firefox browser and same thing happened. I used a VPN and it loaded correctly. Any of you tech savvy Captains know whats up here?

[WORX]
Members
11,926 posts
19,472 battles
9 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

For the past month the forum page is not loading correctly on Google Chrome. I have emptied the cache etc many times and still the same. No pics just words and very hard to follow. I downloaded Firefox browser and same thing happened. I used a VPN and it loaded correctly. Any of you tech savvy Captains know whats up here?

Sounds like a routing issue with you isp... Its not a browser issue... Its not processor issue.. Its not ram...

By the notion, the VPN solved the issue, further leads me to that conclusion.

You can continue to use your VPN, or contact your ISP network admin to investigate, where is the routing bottle neck.

[ONE]
Members
363 posts

I experienced the same problem for some time on one of the three computers I use with Chrome.  Problem was finally solved when I changed ISP.

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts

Web pages, especially dynamic pages that have multiple cookies and things it uses  to "call back to mama" about everything you did/looked at and for how long everytime you time you change pages.  Pages / cookies can have items in them that cause these issues. Check your browser security levels. I never like to lower them but it is a good test for this issue.

The VPN may already block these lil buggers and that is why the pages load when you use it.

Some ISPS as well. So that would be why changing ISPs works for some people.

Mess with it...  Meanwhile I will play with mine for a bit.. I had a issue a while back that using my VPN solved,  but I can't remember what it was I found that was breaking WOWS.

[VOP]
Members
883 posts

I had this problem at my son's house. The forums didn't load properly there. We both had Cox internet. He had the Cox combined router/modem/etc unit. I had a separate Motorola modem with a Linksys router at my house. The forums loaded fine at my place but not his.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,731 posts
5,379 battles

I have a private internet at home with my ISP. Whatever the bandwidth and service I get is all mine. I use mozilla with a variety of add ons designed to eliminate advertising and scripts if needed. These forums work well. I did however notice that the customer support pages are suffering under a load from the community and would not load. VPN from European servers took care of that. I generally use free versions and it never failed me. Proxies get through on bad days. Particularly if you can get closer to the main server hosting these forums. But most of the time I don't need to bother with all that.

I use a tethered smart phone via USB carefully (Max data is 13 Gig a month, I burn a tera plus each month) as a alternative internet which goes straight to Fiber and is 5 times as fast as my router etc. (Wired)

Sign in to follow this