You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WhaleWarrior

Email from WG to each player regarding Santa Crates refund.

17 comments in this topic

[FFG33]
Members
34 posts
1,635 battles
42 minutes ago, WhaleWarrior said:

Petition to Wargaming to send an email to each player regarding the Santa Crates refund.

WG does not care about players, they focus on how much cash they can bring in. They will never do this. They made mention of a refund in the forums yes, but really want as few people as possible to ask for a refund.

• Boring 1

[B-Z]
Members
162 posts
15,507 battles

The purpose of WGs offer of a refund is not to offer lots of refunds. It's to cover their stern if they get sued.
It's the minimum viable solution they could come up with.

• Cool 2

Members
705 posts
61 battles
2 hours ago, WhaleWarrior said:

Petition to Wargaming to send an email to each player regarding the Santa Crates refund.

and to either update the product description to accurately portray shortlists and drop rates, or to remove the products from sale.

without the above, neither email nor refunds are of much consequence, WG will carry on selling the same mislabelled products, regardless.

[GLF]
Members
45 posts
24,918 battles

Well, I purchased twenty big crates , and although I received no ships, the dubs, signals etc represented fair value for the money paid.

As a general rule I do not buy crates but will spend  money on dockyard stages etc up to an annual budget of approx $100.  Had money left overbecause although the two lower ships in the next dockyard are of interest,  no interest in Hizen, so gave crates a burl.

I think the tendency to ask for a do over if a result is not to ones liking is the antithesis of the attributes celebrated in the Kipling poem 'If'.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,163 posts
22,715 battles

WG should publicly announce their solution to this "issue" and it should be that they will publish not only the mechanics of the shortlist but also the odds for the containers - as they do with WoWs Legends.

https://wowslegends.com/containers/ 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TARP]
Members
95 posts
2 hours ago, Yad_Anzac said:

Well, I purchased twenty big crates , and although I received no ships, the dubs, signals etc represented fair value for the money paid.

As a general rule I do not buy crates but will spend  money on dockyard stages etc up to an annual budget of approx $100.  Had money left overbecause although the two lower ships in the next dockyard are of interest,  no interest in Hizen, so gave crates a burl.

I think the tendency to ask for a do over if a result is not to ones liking is the antithesis of the attributes celebrated in the Kipling poem 'If'.

I think this backs my thoughts that everyone including wargaming think the crates are a scam, so wargaming hides the true mechanisms so they don’t get “caught” when in fact they’re likely fair. If wargaming believed in their product more they would be more upfront on the actual odds and mechanism because they would know the value and try to sell that.

[LOU1]
Members
4,227 posts
12,519 battles

The containers where supposed to be the wonder of surprise not a simple purchase of goods.  There has always been an increased chance to get certain ships in the Holiday Containers so this being made an issue now is thought provoking .  They did apologize for omitting the information the last couple of years. I believe their explanation behind why they left it out because I have been a part of choosing what to include in  "wall of text" descriptions for a long time.  It is easy to overwhelm most readers.  I do not support a petition.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,179 posts
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

WG should publicly announce their solution to this "issue" and it should be that they will publish not only the mechanics of the shortlist but also the odds for the containers - as they do with WoWs Legends.

https://wowslegends.com/containers/ 

I'd suspect those drop rate are for each click of a crate. IOW, one click, these are the odds. Next click, the same odds exist. If you clicked through 100 containers, each container drop stands alone, as if you only purchased one. 

IF you sell a bundle crates, 20 at a time for $XX dollars, would the average person think hey, if I buy five of those, I'd have a hundred drops - let's see if I get what I should? 

They would. 

Of course they'd be wrong. IMO, even telling you the percentage chance is still, again imo, mostly useless. 

If it were my company, I'd just sell the stupid things at an outrageous price which would control how many were in the game. 

If you look back at my historical posts, you'd see I would have, long ago, implemented a secure means of identifying pixel ships securely. Ships would be, in reality, limited to certain production levels. I'd control an "e-bay" like market for the ships to be bought/sold. I would handle the transactions, take a cut on every sale (which is final by the way). True demand would cause the prices to skyrocket. The only place you could buy/sell the ships would be my seaside market. There folks, is the true goldmine. 

Imagine... "Coming to the auction block this week folks are five, just FIVE premium ships, limited to a production of ten ships a year models, played by your favorite CC players over the past three months. Bidding is expected to be hot and heavy, so break out your reserves for this auction. Starting at 9pm CST on Seaside Markets. Brought to you buy WoWS/WG. Happy sailing!" 

[STW-A]
Members
270 posts
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Of course they'd be wrong. IMO, even telling you the percentage chance is still, again imo, mostly useless. 

I'd have to disagree.

Take a look at the WoWS Legends container page.  There are a total of 30 (!) different kinds of crates, and each of them lists the possible contents and the drop rates.  If they might contain a premium ship, it lists the chance (per crate) of receiving a premium, and clearly identifies the short-list of ships for each crate.

THAT is exactly the type of transparency in crates that this game needs, and IMO what I would need to see before buying any crates.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
892 posts
7,011 battles

Honestly, don't buy crates ever again. I'm done with that until I'm informed of the %s and what their definition of "chances" means.

[LWA]
Members
1,194 posts

I got a bundle of mega Santa crates and they well worth it to me.  I got the Neustrashimy and the Flint plus a butt load of coal.  The only two ships I didn't have on the list.  Saved me a lot of time and effort to accumulate enough coal to get those two ships.

[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
183 posts
7,984 battles
13 minutes ago, db4100 said:

I got a bundle of mega Santa crates and they well worth it to me.  I got the Neustrashimy and the Flint plus a butt load of coal.  The only two ships I didn't have on the list.  Saved me a lot of time and effort to accumulate enough coal to get those two ships.

So mega whale that could only get 2 missing ships out of 107 is pleased that it got the two ships for 20 MEGA crates?..... nothing to see here.

• Haha 1

[VIGOR]
Members
106 posts
20,805 battles

I am very happy with my santa crates. i probably spent more than i should have but im happy with the results, got some great ships (some rare ships) and also allof the accutraments (coal, dubloons ets) made it really worth while

[O2]
Members
400 posts
9,812 battles
12 hours ago, db4100 said:

I didn't know WG had opened a new office in Alaska.