You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralFlame76

What is your favorite type of ship?

Lets vote our favorite!  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of ship? Vote below:

• Destroyer
    • Cruiser
    • Battleship
    • Aircraft Carrier

22 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles

If I'm ever going to get a model for my display case, it would be of a historic Battleship.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,162 posts
22,715 battles

You should split your Cruiser into Heavy Cruiser and Light Cruiser. I consider myself a DD main but do enjoy my CL very much, as well.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,300 posts
22,496 battles

Bacon - Frankly, I rotate depending on my moods.  I don't have a preference overall.   If you pinned me into a corner, then maybe DDs.  But....  really, I'm all over.

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,760 battles

Destroyers, I thought, but the Advent Calendar says cruisers.

Was RTS carriers in Co-op and Ops; but yeah; WG took that away from me.

’Miss my Strike Bogue’ isn’t my flair on Reddit for nothing.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
6 hours ago, Khafni said:

You should split your Cruiser into Heavy Cruiser and Light Cruiser. I consider myself a DD main but do enjoy my CL very much, as well.

It's hard to classify cruisers in WOWS because they are so diverse. Some cruisers have big guns and act more like battleships, some outrange even some battleship and are long-range fast gunboats, others are mid-range radar gunboats, a few are nearly as stealthy and as fast as a DD with the torpedos to boot. About the only ship type that some cruiser doesn't mimic is a CV.

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

IMG_0328.JPG

Is that even a type of ship?

[SIM]
Members
5,583 posts
9,010 battles
23 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Is that even a type of ship?

Well, the Galaxy class is designated as an exploratory vessel, but that refit is vaguely referred to as a "dreadnought." 

Edited by SkaerKrow

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

Outside of that one mishap in DS9 or a plot device in TNG, they're generally really tanky ships. Hurts them in their Online game because nearly all versions of that hull type in every category lean heavy on the tanky side to the point that they're the least competitive option (for a  99% PvE game) if you care about DPS. 

Ask me a year back and I would have said everything cruiser. Well balanced in most things saved their ability to take a hit in some ships. Nowadays I like Battleships most because I can turn my brain off and still come out alright. Or die trying to be my team's decoy or shield. Whichever comes first. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,509 posts
18,105 battles

With the ping issues I've been having lately I'll stick with Battleships. 

[ALLY]
Members
349 posts
19,693 battles

To all:

I honestly do play all classes of ships.  I am definitely better in some than others (I really suck at CV).  I find that if I play my best in the cruiser class that I affect the outcome of the game more than in the other classes.  I have gotten a Kraken and lost, I just today played a game where we had 5 ships left versus one for the enemy team at the end of the match but the other team won because our 2 DDs refused to cap until the end when the game was already over.  We stopped them getting points, but they had a 300 point lead with less than 90 seconds left in the match.  The last remaining ship just hid and we lost. For that reason alone, I play DD and Cruisers to try and prevent people who do not want to win and just pad their stats from costing the team the win.  I actually enjoy playing BB, but it is very hard to cap when everyone can see you and they keep resetting the cap.

C130 signing out

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
718 posts
6,798 battles

Real-life?  Aircraft carriers, easy.  CV,CVE,CVL,CVA,CVB,CVAN,CVN,.. etc.  Helicopter carriers, too:  LHA,LHD, DDH, etc. 

Enterprise, Lexington, Akagi, KagaWasp,  Antietam, Saratoga, Bogue, Eagle, Ark Royal, Yorktown, IllustriousGlorious, Furious, Essex, Nimitz, EisenhowerHiryuu, Souryuu, Prince of Wales, and so on.

Members
227 posts
1,159 battles

Tier V guy here - so things may change dramatically as I advance...

Hard hitting cruisers are my favorite.  The IJN BBs are fun though.

I don't like pew, pew anything.  My accuracy isn't good enough:Smile_veryhappy:  And, slow is simply a no. 

[-AJ-]
Members
119 posts
1,204 battles

Cruisers are my favorite, although there are a few battleships I enjoy playing. (Ishizuchi for example, got my first Kraken with her)