Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_JohnWick_

2 CV'S AT LOW TIERS !?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
95 posts
2,779 battles

Tell me WG... please for the love of Baby Jesus tell me why you have 2 cv's on each team at LOW TIERS???????

People like me trying to learn the game and grind as well, have to face 2 GOD DAMM CV'S??????  Are you trying to get rid of players?????  Why aren't you doing everything possible to help new players ESPECIALLY in lower tiers?????
 

WAKE UP WG!!!!!!  

  • Cool 11
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
387 posts
21,218 battles

Bow down, give copious thanks and beg repentance from the WG Gods right this very minute.

Earlier this year you had a roughly 20% chance of getting THREE carriers per side at Tier IV.

Be happy, be very happy that it's limited now to only two CVs per side.

It could be (and has fairly recently been) much worse than this.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,466
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,479 posts
14,823 battles

The tier 4 CV's are the most popular and were in the RTS days too.

  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,021
[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles
12 minutes ago, _JohnWick_ said:

Tell me WG... please for the love of Baby Jesus tell me why you have 2 cv's on each team at LOW TIERS???????

People like me trying to learn the game and grind as well, have to face 2 GOD DAMM CV'S??????  Are you trying to get rid of players?????  Why aren't you doing everything possible to help new players ESPECIALLY in lower tiers?????
 

WAKE UP WG!!!!!!  

Learn the game 

2k battles

 

Hmmmm

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,342
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,735 posts
7,264 battles

Best to go ahead and get lubed and learned the game at T4 against 2 CVs and no AA...    Everything after that will seem like a Candle light dinner and romantic walk along the boardwalk compared to the mauling you are receiving now.   On the bright side....    oh wait, there isn't one.         

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts

Ah, low tiers, where cruisers can be citadeled by HE and DD players forget that they have torpedoes.

image.png.41aba6817175aeb89bcc5d304d606c50.png

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[46856]
Members
1,873 posts

If they are allowing 2 cv's each side in game they should allow them to div then as well. It's a logical move.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,391
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles

Unfortunately you are dealing with a company that has no customer orientation and actively dislikes the lower tiers.

Because of this neglect of and contempt for the player base, the company has been forced to insert Bots into tier 4 and 5 matches, since so many driven off by the low tier CV stupidity.

Sucks

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
513
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
496 posts
22,696 battles
12 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Because of this neglect of and contempt for the player base, the company has been forced to insert Bots into tier 4 and 5 matches, since so many driven off by the low tier CV stupidity.

Sucks

You know, I've not thought of why they started putting bots in T4 matches, but what you just said makes a lot of sense.

And so does the OP as well, although it has been discussed here many times already.  

If WG had any sense, and it does not, they would at least give the T4s some decent AA so they could defend themselves.  But that's been talked about many times as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,391
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
3 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

You know, I've not thought of why they started putting bots in T4 matches, but what you just said makes a lot of sense.

And so does the OP as well, although it has been discussed here many times already.  

If WG had any sense, and it does not, they would at least give the T4s some decent AA so they could defend themselves.  But that's been talked about many times as well.

I have never had such a long-term interaction with a company that cared so little about its customers.

This company is like a farmer that was given the beautiful farm that could have have yielded a rich crop with proper care, but instead decided to sell off the top soil for quick profit.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,354 posts
17,087 battles
53 minutes ago, _JohnWick_ said:

are you retarded?????? like really retarded?????

Read my post you pleb... I just said I'm trying to learn the game... .my god... the morons that can type and breath at the same time... unreal

Welcome to the WOWS forums. This is what you'll have to get used to. Lots of trolls and haters with nothing else to do.

And then so many can't understand why there aren't enough players in low tiers to the point where they have to fill it with bots.  Who the hell wants to play those tiers now?   Most just FXP their way to tier 6 or 7 without playing a single low tier match

Edited by STINKWEED_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,091
[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
1 hour ago, _JohnWick_ said:

Tell me WG... please for the love of Baby Jesus tell me why you have 2 cv's on each team at LOW TIERS???????

People like me trying to learn the game and grind as well, have to face 2 GOD DAMM CV'S??????  Are you trying to get rid of players?????  Why aren't you doing everything possible to help new players ESPECIALLY in lower tiers?????
 

WAKE UP WG!!!!!!  

2 CVs is garbage regardless of tier.

The problem is, because of how popular they are as clubbers, the only thing that can really be done involves more bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I have never had such a long-term interaction with a company that cared so little about its customers.

This company is like a farmer that was given the beautiful farm that could have have yielded a rich crop with proper care, but instead decided to sell off the top soil for quick profit.

And yet here we are. Unfortunately the model has been extremely profitable for them and as a result I don’t suspect anything will change- ever. 
 

so... now what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,091
[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
7 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

You know, I've not thought of why they started putting bots in T4 matches, but what you just said makes a lot of sense.

There's just too many people playing T4 CVs compared to regular ships.

Adding bots is how they got rid of the 3 CV matches.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

There's just too many people playing T4 CVs compared to regular ships.

Adding bots is how they got rid of the 3 CV matches.

I think 6 cv matches were addressed by some back channel code thing that stipulated no more 6 cv games. 
 

The bots were added since so few people want to play low tier anymore because of the ridiculous low aa high cv play... yet their response to this is “we don’t want to limit new players who want to try CVs”

So bots for days... 

 

Even better- their “protected matchmaker” for people under tier 5 and less than 200 games is basically just expanded coop with bots that are so [edited]retarded you could hit 1 key (w) the whole battle and win 95% of your games... 

These are the measures boregaming is capable of.


 

 

Edited by _ENO_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[TF-64]
Members
21 posts
1,202 battles

When I had Langley IV I would face battles with a total of 4 CVs(2 on each side) it was pretty fun back then but as I climbed up the tier, 2 cv on each side was becoming rare because most would quit playing cv by tierVI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,091
[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

I think 6 cv matches were addressed by some back channel code thing that stipulated no more 6 cv games. 
 

The bots were added since so few people want to play low tier anymore because of the ridiculous low aa high cv play... yet their response to this is “we don’t want to limit new players who want to try CVs”

So bots for days... 


 

 

It's part and parcel.

When you limit a ship type like that, it backs up the queue, and sucks up players for dumps.

Adding the bots was necessary at that point, because the ratio of CV/non-CV wouldn't have been viable. Which would not be the case with a robust population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
986
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
13,055 battles
32 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

You know, I've not thought of why they started putting bots in T4 matches, but what you just said makes a lot of sense.

And so does the OP as well, although it has been discussed here many times already.  

If WG had any sense, and it does not, they would at least give the T4s some decent AA so they could defend themselves.  But that's been talked about many times as well.

There's far more to it than that, 

There's protected MM tier 4 and below, which shrinks the pool of players.

There's Noob protected MM, where you have to play more than a certain number of games before you get thrown to the wolves/sealclubbers, ect..

The popularity and restrictions on number of tier 4 CV's in a match, combined with time limits in que. It's filling the que dumps with bots instead of just making undersized matches.

Lack of tier 5 CV's. If you're grinding a CV line, you have to grind to tier 6 in a tier 4 ship, at tier 4 XP rates. WG cut the XP required down for this recently, but it's still a slog.

With the Noob protected MM, I'm pretty certain actual new players are highly unlikely to see a CV, as the CV players need to play too many games to stay in Noob protected MM.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,426
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,320 posts
17,497 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The tier 4 CV's are the most popular and were in the RTS days too.

Oh that's right I actually forgot about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

When you limit a ship type like that, it backs up the queue,

I wonder what would happen if they just removed the CV cap a low tiers? If people want to play CVs there then let them. Personally, I'd enjoy playing an all CV battle.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
120
[A-D-F]
Members
477 posts
16,213 battles

This is what "peak CV" looks like...

Spoiler


shot-20_12.07_14_10.41-0101.thumb.jpg.a0d707174de8438816dd7f808f54d6a2.jpgshot-20_12.07_14_10.46-0524.thumb.jpg.68b92f6067fc305fb3390fb20879f732.jpg

I am* sorry, but someone* needs to provide the "pelts for the spreadsheet gods" to point out how broken the class is at low tiers.

Edited by Sammy_Small
wording*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×