You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sh1ndl3rs_f1st

If WG had Balls for the Black Friday event

25 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
14,471 battles

Tier V  DD Kamikaze Black

Tier IX  DD Benham Black

Tier IV  BB Imperator Nikolai I Black

Tier VIII  CV Enterprise Black

Tier X CA Smolensk Black

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles

The Kamikaze and the Imperator Nikolai I are both out for doing too well aka over powered. The rest are out for other less permanent reasons and can return.

[CRUEL]
Members
501 posts
8,504 battles

What's the hype for the enterprise? I got it in a santa crate and it's not fun. Disclaimer I'm not a cv main or enthusiast. I enjoy my ark royal sometimes.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,742 posts
7,281 battles
2 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

What's the hype for the enterprise? I got it in a santa crate and it's not fun. Disclaimer I'm not a cv main or enthusiast. I enjoy my ark royal sometimes.

IMO Enterprise is not the same ship since the  global AP bomb nerf & reticle "improvement"     GLOBALS A$$!!      Still it's probably still best at its tier..    Now it at least isn't nearly best at T10 also?          

[CRUEL]
Members
501 posts
8,504 battles
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

IMO Enterprise is not the same ship since the  global AP bomb nerf & reticle "improvement"     GLOBALS A$$!!      Still it's probably still best at its tier..    Now it at least isn't nearly best at T10 also?          

Yeah I mean I can see where it could be good but the recticles are wonky and torps go every which way even if you hold and wait. I'm sure it's great in ranked, I myself have suffered against it. 

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
271 posts
5,019 battles

They should just make a black permanent camo.  One for each ship class.  Possibly for each appropriate tier if they want to rake in more money

[DRY]
Members
185 posts
14 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

For historical value, it's arguably the single ship that contributed the most to the allied victory. In game it's been pulled from sale for over performance, so it's desired. It's probably not really drastically overpowered since so bombs were nerfed a few patches ago, but it's still probably the strongest CV at tier 8.. a tier packed with strong CVs.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,366 posts
16,976 battles
56 minutes ago, sh1ndl3rs_f1st said:

Tier IX  DD Benham Black

Tier X CA Smolensk Black

:Smile_great::cap_cool:giphy.gif

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7 (2).png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,366 posts
16,976 battles
4 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Well yes, but the priority is still to get a Black Black.

:Smile_great:Ayup!:Smile_trollface:

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7 (2).png

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The Kamikaze and the Imperator Nikolai I are both out for doing too well aka over powered. The rest are out for other less permanent reasons and can return.

Nikolai has arguably been nerfed pretty hard with the CV rework and the prevalence of CVs at T4.....

1 hour ago, Torenico said:

Nothing's stopping them.

Anyone has jam behind a keyboard, right?

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Nikolai has arguably been nerfed pretty hard with the CV rework and the prevalence of CVs at T4.....

Kamikaze too. I just can't stand having to deal with 2 CVs in my Kamikaze R.  I can't get much of anything done, it's just an entire round of getting harassed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

25 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Kamikaze too. I just can't stand having to deal with 2 CVs in my Kamikaze R.  I can't get much of anything done, it's just an entire round of getting harassed.

That is an entirely different problem, they are still over powered in non-CV matches and the only answer I see that will work for the most people is to give every tier 3 or higher ship with limited AA without consumables an AA refit which is most ships in 3 & 4 and some in tier 5 and a small buff to the ones that do have good AA to avoid power creep.

Edited by BrushWolf

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is an entirely different problem, they are still over powered in non-CV matches and the only answer I see that will work for the most people is to give every tier 3 or higher ship with limited AA without consumables an AA refit which is most ships in 3 & 4 and some in tier 5 and a small buff to the ones that do have good AA to avoid power creep.

I'm not even sure the Kamikaze is overpowered in non-CV matches.  It's greatest strength was that it can fire torpedoes every 30 to 40 seconds and catch a BB that was on damage control cooldown.  Now that flooding isn't lethal and flooding damage is entirely repairable, it's no longer the remarkable ship it used to be.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I'm not even sure the Kamikaze is overpowered in non-CV matches.  It's greatest strength was that it can fire torpedoes every 30 to 40 seconds and catch a BB that was on damage control cooldown.  Now that flooding isn't lethal and flooding damage is entirely repairable, it's no longer the remarkable ship it used to be.

Being over powered comes from being able to stay undetected which is fairly easy in non-CV matches.

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Being over powered comes from being able to stay undetected which is fairly easy in non-CV matches.

It's taking the caps that win the game.  If you can't remove ships off the cap then the Kamikaze R isn't going to be able to do much.  Sneaking behind the enemy team for spotting isn't going to do much, guns at tier 5 are too inaccurate for long range fire.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
5 minutes ago, Sventex said:

It's taking the caps that win the game.  If you can't remove ships off the cap then the Kamikaze R isn't going to be able to do much.  Sneaking behind the enemy team for spotting isn't going to do much, guns at tier 5 are too inaccurate for long range fire.

I do alright with 1km of cushion. Yeah more is nice but it is enough to dip into torpedo range, fire, and retire.

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I do alright with 1km of cushion. Yeah more is nice but it is enough to dip into torpedo range, fire, and retire.

But like I said, with the old flooding mechanic, the torpedos runs are underwhelming.  You score maybe 1 hit and than miss another, than miss another, than score maybe 1 hit, than miss another and before you know if your team has disappeared beneath the waves.  The Swedish DD at tier 5 has more torp range, more cushion and a unique narrow torpedo spread.  And a heal.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

But like I said, with the old flooding mechanic, the torpedos runs are underwhelming.  You score maybe 1 hit and than miss another, than miss another, than score maybe 1 hit, than miss another and before you know if your team has disappeared beneath the waves.  The Swedish DD at tier 5 has more torp range, more cushion and a unique narrow torpedo spread.  And a heal.

Yeah flooding is not a reliable way to cause damage now but WoWS stats & numbers still shows a WR above 56% and Maple Syrup has it at 60% for the last week so someone is doing really well with it.

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah flooding is not a reliable way to cause damage now but WoWS stats & numbers still shows a WR above 56% and Maple Syrup has it at 60% for the last week so someone is doing really well with it.

I think that might be down to the users, since it's only old players that use the ship now.  It's a time gated ship.  The Kamikaze R is no gunboat, but most of my kills are achieved by just shooting other DDs with the ship because I know how to land my shots.

Edited by Sventex

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

I think that might be down to the users, since it's only old players that use the ship now.  It's a time gated ship.  The Kamikaze R is no gunboat, but most of my kills are achieved by just shooting other DDs with the ship because I know how to land my shots.

I hate seeing torpedo DD players that refuse to use their guns.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
3 hours ago, sh1ndl3rs_f1st said:

Tier IX  DD Benham Black

Tier X CA Smolensk Black

Belfast B

haunting the dark knight GIF